Not sure if I’m old soul or infant soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by James Reager, Apr 15, 2019.

1. James Reager

James Reager New Member

Could one of you be able to get a sense of my soul age if I described myself?
    I’d really appreciate it.

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi James,

As is the case generally, age and maturity are two different things. So, while we hope the one who is "older" is also more mature, that is not necessarily the case. Hence, the old saying that there is no fool like an old fool. Consequently, it might be better to seek an answer in terms of your "soul" maturity rather than soul age. In that regard, the signs of maturity are not that different from those that the world normally looks at, except "soul" maturity is also generally considered to include spiritual aspects and abilities beyond those associated with maturity in general. So, first, I would look for the qualities that normally would be seen as the characteristics of a "mature" person. Second, if those are present, I would look to see if there are also characteristics that denote a person who is drawn to, and developed in, things of a spiritual nature. How do you see yourself in terms of these characteristics?

Cordially,
    S&S

Klaud and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Welcome to the forum, James.
    As SeaAndSky already said, having an "old soul" just means that you have lived many lives, but not necessarily that you have reached a more "mature"/"developed" (or what ever you want to call it) state.
    (As I like to see it for myself, I might be a really slow learner... I seem to be old of age, but not very mature yet).
    I also wonder why this is so important for you. When you forget about ego desires, judgement and comparing yourself to others, it won't matter that much any more where you are at your journey. When you see every soul as equally worthy (or even that we are all connected) it only would matter which talents you have been given to follow your own path.

4. James Reager

James Reager New Member

Honestly, the reason I care is because I want to know if past lives are real. If I can’t know they’re real, I will leave my sangha. I don’t need them or any group to be content. I’m just curious

5. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

You can't rely for answers to such questions on anybody else's input. Look for those answers inward!

6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi James,

For me it was a combination of my own experiences and reading a lot of books, etc. with the reported experiences of others. On the latter, I suggest books written by those who have some basis for being called legitimate and knowledgeable researchers--Michael Newton, Brian Weiss, Ian Stevenson, etc. However, no one is here to try and convince you. We'll talk about the subject if you like, but this is not a cult. No one is trying to "sell" you on the idea of reincarnation.

Cordially,
    S&S

Sk17 likes this.
  7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

That is understandable, but what ever others are telling you won't make you feel more secure, because you never can be sure... the only person who can convince you that reincarnation is real is you.
    You may want to try self-regression or hypnosis to remember yourself, as there is nothing as convincing as having memories. If you are reluctant to try, also fine. The decision always is yours and yours alone.
    You also can read about reincarnation cases, particularly children's cases. There are some very good books listed here on this forum.

8. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

My answer to this is that you would know as would others from just interacting with you day to day as those who have been around in this world for too long often have that vibe beyond their physical years. The downside to this is that such souls often have a lot on their plate and the issues that comes along with it all which does make life more difficult than would be normal.

9. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Discovering your past lives doesn't really have anything to do with how "old" your soul is. I highly doubt that if you were a particularity young soul, you would be investigating past lives. Maybe the fact that you're curious shows that you're not and are maybe opening your mind to broader topics of spirituality.

I would agree with the others in that going the normal routes to discovering past lives is the way to go. I would for the time being, stop any historical research and focus on retrieving possible past life memories and clues. Once you've got enough you can try and verify them online. Having knowledge of something there's no possible way you could have known on your own is typically the best proof of a past life. However that's also highly personal, so you need to be objective about your memories. But for most of us, finding something like that, seals the deal.

10. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

There is no such thing as an "old" or "young" soul because the soul doesn't age. Tell me how much time in total you have spent in the astral, is that possible? When you go to sleep and have a dream that involves several days or just a few seconds, how much time has really passed? only the time you've been asleep? Time is nothing but a mind trick, a way to measure how many things we do. You can be an "old" soul that spent all their lives sitting in their rocking chair shining their rifle, or a "young" soul who lived to the max and died at 24 in every life. Therefore, it doens't matter. Are you just trying to equate old with wisdom? Wisdom is the result of experience + reflection, it has nothing to do with time.