Obsession meaning past life....

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by cindid2008, Mar 26, 2010.

1. cindid2008

cindid2008 New Member

Hi all I am new here...let me start by saying that I do believe I had at least one past life that I remember...several years ago I had a recurring dream for about a month of being a young girl in the Civil War era...The dream was bits and pieces of what I would call flashes..ie it went from one scene to the next without a continuous flow...I was the white daughter of a plantation owner who started a "friendship" with a young black male slave...in the end we were both killed for this relationship...

What I am curious about though is a lot of people saying they have had a real facination with certain time periods or places and feel this could mean a past life...if this is so then I may have been a victim of the Titanic...I have always been facinated by the tragedy...even at a very young age...If there is a book or something on TV related to it I will watch or read it....interestingly enough I don't like the ocean...won't go in it at all...I always joke with my friends and tell them I watch too much discovery channel or I've seen the Titanic movie and I'm not about to go in....I'm not afraid of other bodies of water though...just the ocean...

What obsessions or facinations have you had that you believe are related to a past life?

2. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Cindid, and welcome... :)

Indeed it is possible that you may have died on the Titanic, but it is also possible that you were "incarnated" at that time and were very much impacted by the news of the disaster, as were so many then...

As for your recurring dreams, they very clearly appear to be past-life related... :thumbsup:

3. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hello Cindid2008 and welcome to the forum :)

Certainly it's possible that you were on the Titanic, however Charles brings up a good point too. A tragedy like that of Titanic affected many people - not just those on board the ship. People related to the victims must have been traumatized too as well as people not related, but just generally affected by the tragic event.

Try thinking about September 11th 2001 and the impact that event had - not just on the victims and the US, but whole world. Even I, living in Denmark far away from New York, can remember precisely where I was and what I was doing that day. I'm sure many people will have past life memories of 9/11 in the future, not just those that were directly involved and affected by it.

Check out this thread: Recollections that effect a whole society -- it touches upon this issue :)

Oh, and if you feel comfortable with sharing I for one would be interested in hearing more about your past life dreams :thumbsup:

4. Overseas

Overseas Senior Registered

Hi Cindid,

I wouldn't say you for sure had a PL wherein you were on Titanic but I wouldn't exclude it also.

It surely seems to me that people who died in the Titanic disaster and have reincarnated afterwards are likely to show a fascination with the famous boat and also a fear of the ocean or of the water.

I've heard of people who in one life drowned at let's say the age of 44 and started to show a fear of water when they came in their reborn life at +/- the same age.

I don't really know what's the logic there, because I also know of people or children who in that case would immediately perform a fear of water in the new life out of PL memory or trauma.

I don't know if every fear's PL related but a fear of water could also have to do with a much older PL for instance. And your fascination could come out of recent PL.

So I'd say you question yourself thoroughly on this and confront yourself with elements of the case. Good Luck with it!

5. cindid2008

cindid2008 New Member

Thank you all for the welcome and I do tend to agree with all of you that I probably wasn't really on the Titanic...it was just a thought...but the idea that it has something to do with another past life is interesting....I may explore that more....

Sunniva I can go into detail about the dream if you are interested...although it was years ago it is very clear in my mind still to this day...The young girl was blonde and probably about 12...she had blonde hair and was wearing a white dress..It started in the kitchen where there were 3 slave women cooking...she was just hanging out there talking and laughing with them when the young boy came in...I believe one of the women was his mother..then it flashes to a dark hallway that I believe to be in the girls house...she is walking down the hall with the boy and they are whispering...they enter a room....in the room they are talking when a man (her father) comes in and is very angry..the boy runs away and the man becomes enraged with the girl...then it flashes to the girl standing on a porch crying...and the boy is brought out by 2 men and taken to a field...the girl is then also taken to the field..she is still crying and screaming...they are both tied to trees and set afire...eventually she stops crying and I think that is when she dies because she no longer moves...the dream ends there...it was very scary and I've tried to remember more but have not been able to take myself there again...

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi cindid2008, welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing :)

I just wanted to add another suggestion. Although it's certainly possible that you may have been a victim of the Titanic disaster in a past life, your fascination with it could also be triggered by your loss of life in another maritime disaster, there have been plenty of them besides the Titanic.

When I was little, I was always fascinated by Pompeii and the eruption of Vesuvius. I do have past life memories of dying in a volcanic eruption, but mine turned out to be an obscure volcano in an isolated part of the world. My point is that Vesuvius, being the most famous and well documented volcano in history, was enough to pique my interest, and my subconscious memories. One often tends to immediately think of the most famous events in history, in my case Vesuvius, and in yours, Titanic. Do you think this could be an alternative possibility?

Chris :)

7. cindid2008

cindid2008 New Member

Thank you for your reply and welcome Chris...I think that your suggestion is very possible. All of you have given me lots to ponder...I've read several posts here that tell about meditation and self regression...I am very eager to try it although it is hard for me to find any "quiet time"

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

9. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Cindid,

Thanks for sharing your dream. I find it interesting that you were both killed - was this a normal procedure or was your father more brutal than others?

I had a dream years ago that revolved around pretty much the same thing. In this dream though I was a slave girl, who had an affair with the son of the plantation owner. It's been years since I had the dream and unfortunately my journal has been lost, so I can't remember the details anymore, but I remember running through a field and being followed by men and dogs, among them my lover. The dream ended before the 'story' finished, so unfortunately I don't know if I was killed or not, but I'm pretty sure that my lover was not. :)

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

As alarming as it sounds, cases involving fathers killing their daughters is not as rare as one might think.

In a northern province of Iraq a 17 year old girl was stoned and kicked to death for being seen with a Suni man. The incident was taped as security forces looked on. In New York, a Bronx man killed his daughter and burned her body, because she was texting a young boy. In Toronto, a devout muslim father killed his 16 year old daughter for refusing to wear a hijab (scarf). In India a Saudi man beat and shot his daughter to death for using Facebook. In Lewisville, Texas an Egyptian father killed his two teenage daughters, whom he thought compromised his honor for behaving like typical American teenagers. In Detroit, a devout muslim killed his daughter for behaving shamefully. These reports are numerous, and they appear these days as "honor killings" in the local media; but they have not been the exclusive realm of Islam. Unfortunately, Jewish and Christian scriptures also contain at least one entry that condones the murder of one's own daughter for moral reasons:

"If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she´╗┐ disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire."(Leviticus 21:9)

There is no telling what "moral" principle or fundamentalist belief would have been at play during the past two hundred years in America. However, wherever and whenever such so-called "honor killings" happen in the world, they can only be considered as criminal. I would not disbelieve that such things could have taken place. More important is to realize that such occurrences were not the exclusive realm of the early American South, or of the middle eastern world of Islam.

-Nightrain

11. Lawyer Daggett

Lawyer Daggett New Member

What Nightrain has referred to is the tip of the iceberg- premeditated attacks. I do not think that Killing children who have dishonoured them is part of the Anglo-American / western cultural tradition, although it is more accepted in the middle eastern and eastern societies.

Many- and indeed I would say most killings in a western family setting are assaults with unfortunate consequences.

Thus in the heat of anger a father may strike a child or his wife, and that blow may have unfortunate terminal consequences.

I would submit that in the 18th century, a man may have killed his slave with impunity, after all he was only a chattle. To have killed his daughter for dishonouring him would have seen him hang, and as a result he would have been more likely to have bannished her.

I would submit that after killing the slave, the love struck daughter may have had a go at her father, and in a resultant argument with his daughter he may have struck her, resulting in her death would be more likely than a resolution to kill her for reasons related to dishonour.

12. Charles Stuart

Hi all,

Just yesterday, here in Rio, a father and stepmother were sentenced to 30 and 26 years of imprisonment (there is no "life sentencing" here in Brazil) for killing an eight-year-old girl. She was beaten so badly, after both had a fit of rage after she had visited her mother, and then strangled, that she went unconsciouss. Both believing she was already dead, they simulated an accident by dropping her from a window. Goodness, the stories we hear... :(

13. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

The TV show CSI Miami touched on this subject last Monday. It was about a family from India. To make a long story short, the wife killed her husband. However, she killed him to protect their daughter whom he was going to kill for disgracing him. She was in love with one man while being arranged to be married to another.

14. Charles Stuart

Our "less enlightened" brothers and sisters... :rolleyes: :(

15. cindid2008

cindid2008 New Member

Wow all these stories are so horrific...I do know what I saw in the dream...whatever happened to the father afterwards I have no idea...I can only hope that he was punished to the full extent..It's interesting that you had a similar dream Sunniva

16. Charles Stuart

Cindid, I believe "karma" always takes its toll... It is a question of "justice"!!!

We literally reap what we sow...

But, more often than not, those who wounded us in the past, and those whom we have also wounded, are often amongst us now, as our children, our parents, our brothers, our friends, for the purpose of our mutual reconciliation. One of the reasons why we don't "remember" our past lives. If we could, it would not be possible for us now to live among them, or them among us...

17. cindid2008

cindid2008 New Member

I have thought on this before and I believe that only one person I've met in this life could be someone I knew in a past...strong connection from the beginning...not sure if he was my father but I'm sure I did know him...ironically a black man

18. Charles Stuart

What does your "intuition" tell you?

I would say "coincidentally" rather than "ironically"... ;)

19. Charles Stuart

Sorry to have pointed that out, Cindid... :rolleyes: But we never know what might be behind certain "karmic processes". Prior to the past life you dreamed of, you may have been a slave owner, and who knows what might have been behind the two of you prior to that lifetime? It is very much in this way that the karmic process works...