One of my past lives - New here!

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Viera Spencer, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Viera Spencer

Viera Spencer Member

I have just found this forum after a short time of searching for a place to share my thoughts in this area. I don't really have any enquiries about a past life, I would merely like to discuss what I feel like must be a past life of mine. Also to hear from others on similar feelings or different feelings entirely.

Now, what I feel like is a past life of mine I do not think is mere visions of a place that I just so happen to be interested in and have seen loads of photos of. Nor is it borne of an idea that I look like some important historical figure (because, come on, there's only so many ways the human face can look. There are three other people on this planet as I type who look just like me, statistically speaking, and even more who have passed on through the years.) I think this must be a past life for the detail of memories I have. I have had these memories since a very young age. I was five when I asked my mom every day where it was that we had vacationed where there was a beach, but we had never even gone on vacation. But I had such a memory of this beach and days spent on it. I did through the years and up to now, as I am 22 years old.

I remember the hot sand. And how warm the water was until it reached your thighs. The stifling hot days that feel like a hot wet cloth is held over your nose and mouth. I have memories of scenery so specific that I can scarcely begin to describe it all. I remember sitting in a tin bath full of cool water, in a room beside an open window. The way the ivory drapes blew in the wind and casted strange shadows on the walls. Another where I laid on a wet dock, looking into crystal clear waters at a starfish on the white sand below. I remember how the slimy wood smelled so bad and that it made my hands and clothes smell the same. I have a distinct memory of 18th century ships in a harbor. I am just looking at them from a beach. And staring at the horizon, day and night, wondering what was just beyond. There are far too many for me to type out right now. And it's not just these memories. It's this feeling of homesickness for a place that I've never seen. This strange feeling that if I were to find this place, I would know it, and I would be where I should be. I feel like I have left something behind there and I need to go back.

Recently I went to The Bahamas and it reminded me of these memories, but it wasn't the same. Though I can say that the hot humid weather and the smell of the sea seemed so familiar. It just wasn't the same scenery. I'd say what I am remembering more is like Cuba or Jamaica or another small island in that area.

This is the first time I have ever written out these memories or feelings so I apologize if they are not explained well. I would love it to have similar experiences or ideas shared here!

Tinkerman and fireflydancing like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to this forum Viera, your memories sound like others I've heard from others on this forum and in books like Across Time and Death by Jenny Cockell. From your description, you might visit San Andres island. I spent a couple of weeks there in December of 1976; it is a small island that is probably quite different now, back then there were very few tourists and it was sort of a hidden paradise of sorts.

Viera Spencer likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

You describe your feelings very well. Stay with the emotional aspects of your memories, taking note of your surroundings and research the place much later. It's hard to wait but you'll have more to work with and you just might be surprised where you are. Your memories are detailed....go with the flow. You're blessed.

4. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Definately sounds like past life memories to me
    I completely relate to the homesickness part, I have it too and know the exact city that causes it, trust me, visiting it then going home makes it three times as bad, especially when you leave it and the first few days after

5. julie_twice

julie_twice Member

The homesickness feels like, darn it I know this place and time, I've got to get back there. And not being able to, because even upon finding the right place, it will have changed over all that time. I think it can be a sign of unfinished business, that feeling of "I must return".

6. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Wouldn't surprise me

7. julie_twice

julie_twice Member

I mean I can't speak for Viera, just experiencing a similar feeling.

8. Viera Spencer

Viera Spencer Member

Exactly Julie. I just feel like if I somehow find that place, despite it looking different, I would know it and something would happen. It is definitely the feeling of unfinished business.

julie_twice likes this.
  9. Cat1965

Cat1965 Senior Registered

i always had a strong "ache" of something missing from the time i was tiny. I had a very loving family and extended family but i felt i belonged elsewhere early on. I was under 10 when my mom took me with a friend to an Egyptian exhibit that came to our city. I will never forget that feeling of "here are my people" and that horrible surge of loss. Than again in my 20's it happened again. Same story...I will never go to Egypt for this reason alone. Sometimes the past is better left in the past.

Going back in time is not possible. But i believe if your life was cut short or you died suddenly you carry this loss with you forever. I have one other life that is similar...tragic early death and a terrible loss for my family.

Vera you are so young..meditate on your feelings. Your place sounds lovely...maybe more memories will follow. In some of my lives I can't figure out the country etc but i have not done any regression etc. I am sure you will figure it all out..sounds like you did not live so long in that life?