One soul? One claim?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've noticed that there are many Alexander The Great claimants in the world.

For instance:

Edgar Cayce claimed that Alexander and Thomas Jefferson were reincarnated as the same person.

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/famous-past-life-claims

They have nothing in common IMO. I just don't see how they could be the same soul. I don't believe Cayce personally.

This is a person on Yahoo who has a feeling they are Alexander The Great.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080805112410AA4zQol

I think one would have to conclude that the claim is shaky at best. Feelings and coincidences alone don't indicate much IMO.

This is the most prolific claim I have read:

http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/my-past-life-story.5039/

A quick search of the individuals online footprint reveals they have done as much research as an Alexander scholar therefore I don't trust their claim.

Yogananda claimed Hitler was Alexander The Great:

https://www.quora.com/Reincarnation...-out-you-were-Adolf-Hitler-in-a-previous-life

Given Hitlers total lack of embracing other cultures and irrational tactics such as fighting a war on two fronts I find this claim unlikely myself.

This is an odd claim:

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=8132

Jim Morrison was Alexander. Aside from certain Dionysian influences on Morrison's part I see little resemblance myself.

I obviously have an idea who I think was Alexander but I'm wondering what other members think?

Who can we trust with so many claimants?

Who is the real deal?

I know Alexander has heavy karma because of the soul he has. The only one that sticks out in that regard is Hitler yet they are too dissimilar IMO.

What do you people think?

2. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

The one here on the forum seems somewhat credible, but we'd have no way of being able to validate it ourselves.

I think it's easy to convince yourself of something, whether it's right or not. PL memories are tricky and your current knowledge and views are liable to create 'memories' and stories that might not have happened.

I'm not sold on the Hitler/Alexander thing.

3. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, thank you for posting on this topic :) Like the links.
    I have a loose theory that some souls show interest in some of the public historical figures and are allowed to access the famous someone's "file" on the Akashic Records,and then when they are themselves reincarnated and get memories they think it is their own memories, their old self -- when it is really someone else's. Then one has to compare other things to try to add up if the someone really was the historical, famous someone -- it has to be someone, right, but it is difficult if not impossible to know who looking at it from the outside.
    Then I think some people have such pain in themselves and think they are of less value just because they are not "somebody" ( in their own eyes, measurements ). For them to then think they were actually "someone" in their past life will then boost them up with positive emotions, that they don't want to be without, instead of facing the real problem, why they think they are "nobody", when they are really not.
    Then fame and history is not always what one think it is. I was myself extremely surprised to find out that I had lived right in the spotlight of celebrity events in a past life, and this is a life I would not wish to have back except for the great love she felt for her loved ones. It was such a difficult life. What I carry with me mostly from it is I think the importance to own one's own life and not let myself be dominated or have someone too close to me that I really can not afford to trust.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 2:45 PM
    fireflydancing likes this.
  4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Klaud.

The way I see it the soul of Alexander The Great has been manifesting conflict for millennia. There's been ego manifestation too...the attempt to realise dreams and push boundaries.

What if I told you that the soul of Alexander has seen it all came from ego? That bravery etc was found to be as meaningless spiritually speaking as cowardice? That glory, heroism, ruthlessness, pushing the limits, becoming famous etc were all just traits that stemmed from a soul to force spiritual evolution?

There's a banality to genius absent from any claimants notions of Alexander that I have read. There's no rose tinted glasses when one has seen the dark places that the brutality of conflict can take a soul.

There's not even a sense of selflessness, a sense that one strived to create a better world. Once Alexander realised that existence could get along quite well without him it was only his own self that he was left to grapple with.

I know beyond doubt that Alexander almost irrevocably altered the world in the 21st century and as soon as he stayed his hand, for the first time on a large scale that he can remember, he was confronted with his past.

To the living his story is epic, but to the dead, the afterlife, the state of being that truly counts, he is a fool and the fools errand he went on left him confronting his own demons.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Jaime.

Why would a soul be interested in a well known person when the soul has passed on? In my experience there are no 'fans' on the other side of the veil. What purpose would it serve a soul to view famous peoples memories? Curiosity? I don't think myself that the Akashic records are like a PlayStation Console, open to everyone for game playing.

Also I know for a fact that the souls of the departed couldn't care less for fame on Earth. On the other side of the veil we are all equal.

I hear you on people wishing they were somebody. I've never understood that myself. I think how deeply insecure those people must be.

So your own brush with the famous in your past life showed you how they were just like everyone else then?

6. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Interesting post! I used to make fun saying Kim Jong-un is the reincarnated soul of Hitler. Both are ego driven and have little to no empathy for their fellow man. Although I'm sure that is not really true. However most historical figures that have lived in the past are more than likely not going to incarnate into the physical plane anytime soon. Simply because the lower ego being so overly developed has to spend time working things out on the lower to higher mental plane before the soul shed's its mental body and retains full consciousness once again on the causal/soul plane. For it is here that the soul being above, duality, time, space and the cycles of karma will make the decision to incarnate again into the lower worlds of duality if it so choses to do so. In fact your higher self is soul the real you, the eternal you. And yes it is far more aware than the human state of consciousness is. However the two can be connected once the lower ego is under control of the higher self allowing the human consciousness to become enlighten. As the lower ego is under the mind. The lower ego is not a bad thing really. It was designed to protect soul while in the lower worlds of duality and keep us safe from harm be it physical, mental or emotional. However....

There is an old saying. The mind is a useful servant but a very bad master.

If left uncheck the mind/lower ego or lower self if you will can run a muck causing all kinds of problems and creating more karma than need be. As it is self serving in nature seeking it own means to an end and not really caring who or what gets in its way. Over many lifetimes the lower ego can grow out of control. However universal karma will take care of this in due time. This is what generally happens to those that are famous figures in history and even in those who have recently past on in our present day who were famous Souls that are generally famous are usually at a late young soul to early mature soul stage of consciousness. A lot of karma and I mean a lot of karma is created and worked out during this stage of spiritual development. Which is why many that fall into this category live lifetimes that seems extreme to many be it mental, emotional, financial and even physical. Which is why they are associate with groups of people as this kind of karma that has to be worked out on a group soul level. Which is why that are famous. At least to us. On the other side of the veil it's just another experience to have nothing more.

In time the soul will grow out of the phase of spiritual development and become less material and ego driven and more emotionally aware and spiritual in nature. Which is why by the time soul has reached the old soul stage of awareness the physical plane has lost most if not all its allure. It's just tried of all that drama! All it's interested in now is working out what little karma it has left on the physical plane and cycle off the reincarnation wheel of birth and death within the physical plane all together. It still may have cycles of reincarnation on the higher astral or mental worlds still but it's done here at long last.

Peace and love... P.

Jim78 likes this.
  7. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I understand your thinking. Well, my thinking is that from let's say a historical point of view, if I have read a lot of stuff on the French Revolution in school and wondered some things. That now is my opportunity to find out what the thinking, what really happened in certain situations and so forth, to get a better understanding, it is not that one has to be a fan of someone, but maybe interested in certain historical events.

I agree what you say about us all being equal. Yes, I think too that certain people are deeply insecure, that it comes from a deep pain in themselves and if they have found an escape button they are gonna try it.

Yes, the famous ones (some were famous for a little while and then not, some did not have fame until afterwards, and some only had a drop of a taste of fame, and some were well, famous throughout) are just like everyone else, they just went into the fabric and were polished but were still just people.

I could tell there were different drives to what had brought them there. One had a troubled childhood and early on found his escape button to pretend to be someone else, also had lots of questions about life and after life, and of people -- a searcher. Another had a happy childhood and the energy for two, and was hardworking and would have been this way in what ever occupation or home wife life style she would have. However, I am sure that if she had been a man she would have been more complimented for her brain, her witty comments, back then. They would just say she was "cute". She was cute -- but she was sharp. I loved her dearly, I wanted the best for her, she was a very compassionate, real heart kind of person, made people feel good about themselves and about life. She was someone who was in her very essence out on stage or if a camera was on her -- then she shone up, then she was "home", she raveled in the excitement, most likely lots of stuff happening in the brain there -- feel good hormones of some kind. She just wanted a fun time. Both these "types" loved their craft.

Then there was the kind that were very superficial and would have gone to extreme to have fame, to have the spotlight on them, who would lie and would do things, well all kinds of things. They were very egocentric, I could not see any dept in the drive for those kind, but I could tell that they needed much attention to feel OK about themselves, they did not seem to have much of a moral compass about how one should treat other people.

In any way, I think someone who gets too much fame, get into a position of having people around who does a lot of butt licking ( and back stabbing ) they do not get the critique they may deserve and I don't think it is a good thing. People should always be each other's equal and one should try to keep it real.

Then there was the kind that were only children when brought into this world and would sometimes have a parent or someone else in charge of them that should have been the one there instead of the child, that wanted it real bad. These parents often did not had "what it takes" or had lost their opportunities somewhere along the way and saw their chance through the child. Some -- not all -- were not the best parents. Some looked the other way while their poor child was left with someone damaged, pretending they did not know, well they sure as hell knew. I should stop there.

I am sure that every individual had more to them that I could not see, what made them tick, but this is what I remember seeing or knowing, in short.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 2:16 AM
    Jim78 likes this.
  8. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

But maybe they did scholarly research on Alexander the Great to either investigate more or try to dismiss their claim. I actually know the person, and while I couldn't care less if she was Alexander the Great or not since I find the character extremely dull anyway, I know that she was having a hard time accepting a famous past life in general, as it happens for many people who believe in reincarnation. I find it natural that someone who believes they have a famous past life would read more about their supposed past self to either try to prove or disprove themselves.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Polaris8.

What makes you think all famous people are young souls? Many people become famous as a byproduct of their chosen profession for instance. They didn't actively seek fame.

Where do you get your information please?

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Jaime.

I'm glad you pointed out different reasons for ( I assume actors? ) gaining fame and success.

There are many different nuances and motivations, circumstances, as to why someone would become famous.

I'd like to know how Polaris8 reconciles all the varying reasons for fame with their assertion that only young souls become famous.

It seems to me the reasons for fame are as numerous as the reasons for obscurity.

Jaimie likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Owl.

I agree research is necessary. I myself have read pathologist statements, historical details like buildings and clothing, colours, social structures, a general overview of events etc in relation to my pls. A lot of it I posted on this very site. Yet they tell me little about the person I was, that comes from memory and while now and again I accidentally stumbled on validations of those too I know little in research terms about what my pl was actually like. I rely almost solely on pl memory for that.

Now if I was micro examining every little pl decision and umpteen historical and fanmade viewpoints on my pl and finding a general consensus I would question whether my memories are real or not.

It is possible to do research without tainting ones memories by keeping focus off the pl and focusing on peripheral details.

The one time I talked about my pl on another forum outside of the reincarnation community it was an argument about a Pact Agreement. It was a political discussion about the split in the army, it wasn't a hyper analytical dissection and discussion about my pl. It was about the period in which I lived. I steer clear of detailed discussion about my pls so I can continue to validate my memories.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 10:59 AM
  12. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Jim78,
    ed
    Sorry for the confusions. I received this information from two sources. One from a website called ...

Michael Teachings
    https://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_ages.html

And the other source from some of my OBE's travels within the inner worlds. Much like our school systems here on earth soul goes thru various stages of spiritual development during it's many incarnations on the physical plane as well as the lower worlds of duality which also includes the astral and mental planes or dimensions beyond the physical. Its not about real age as we understand it as soul is eternal but rather how souls perceives and experiences the lower world including the physical plane by it's state of consciousness and its understanding of itself and the world at large. This is why on Earth we have so many different religions and spiritual paths because everyone is experiencing god, the soul and reality from their own unique perspective. When we die we cross over and we tend to gravitate towards a sub plane within the astral dimensions that resonates with out consciousness. In essence souls are grouped together by like mind.

So many Young souls are learning to be independent actors in the world, exercising their free will. Hence, there is a major emphasis on heroic self-assertion and progress, freeing oneself from limiting structures, finding one’s own strengths and talents, discovering “what I’m made of”.

The main lesson for souls in the young soul stage of their evolvement is to do with exploring and expressing individuality, discovering the power of independence in thought, will and action. There is a strong desire to make a personal impact on the outer world, so the focus is very much outwards and with a lot of energy.

As times goes on over many lifetimes the soul will out grow this stage of development and move into the mature soul stage of awareness. The lives of mature souls focus on exploring the true nature of self, life and especially others. Reaching beyond the forthright independence of the third stage, the major challenge at this fourth stage is to discover how to live inter-dependently with others, and other-ness in general. The mature soul develops an ever-deepening sense of both self and others. Life is no longer simply a matter of what happens out there in the world, but also what is going on “in here”, where we are coming from, what it all means.

Through understanding more and more of their own psychology, mature souls also learn about what makes others tick. They come to recognize that all others are their equals, at least on the inside. In fact, their own perspective is nothing but one among many equally valid perspectives.

So in essesnce our physcial plane and in fact our whole physical universe is a training ground and school for soul to learn about itself thur it's own experiences. Many of the souls on this website have already gone thru earlier stages of spiritual development in their past lives as infant, baby and even young and are now in a mature or old soul stage of development at this point. Simply because they are looking inward now for answers to life's bigger questions. By doing this they are putting the pieces together for themselves and are realizing the bigger picture of what life is all about form them by exploring their past lives and seeing that soul is in fact eternal by nature.

Anyway enough of my rambbling. I hope this helps some.

Thanks for asking. Peace an love. P

13. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

There's no question that Alexander's soul has to deal with their super sized ego. I'm just not entirely convinced that he reincarnated as Hitler. There's more than one way to learn a lesson, even if it means living in obscurity.