One soul? One claim?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Fame and power aren't the same things. They often go together but they are different concepts.

IMHO, I'd argue that souls that seek power are more middle school or early high school aged souls; aggressive, wanting to accumulate for the sake of doing so and for appearances and prestige over others.

As an extension of that, I'd say that fame seekers are much younger souls; they're in the "mine" stage. They simply want and aren't concerned with having the power necessary to take it by force, if need be. They're like kids, running around yelling "but you're not watching!!!".

I think this is the age my friend and former husband Puyi is at. He's very toddler like, even as an adult. In his former life, he kept looking for circumstances that would make him a "grown up" and allow him to have the power he wanted, rather than understanding how to manipulate and orchestrate it like Cixi before him. That's literally how I think he saw things. The "grown ups" have power simply because they're older and he thought by obtaining his manhood, he'd have the same.

That's literally how many kids think. Or used to when I was one, I don't know about kids today. We used to think wearing a tie and dress shoes made us "men".

2. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Spirit Swords, Thanks for your reply. I do understand where you are coming from and in fact it was very insightful of you to see this. During these stages of soul development the lower ego must be master by soul in order to grow and mature as a spiritual being. The ego is fact is not a bad thing really but a tool build into man's mental body in order to protect soul while in the lower worlds of duality from harm be it physical, emotional or mental. The lower ego and the present life personality are only temporary in nature during the present life. However over many lifetimes the lower ego does grow and gain experience as it picks up where it left off with each new lifetime lived out. Where the problem lies is that over many lifetimes the mental body (lower ego) grows and becomes over inflated with it's own important' and can in many cases get out of control causing more karmic debit than need be for soul to workout. Which many at first fall into this category while learning to master the ego.

However if the soul can control and connect the ego to the higher self it can be a very useful tool while incarnated into the lower worlds. This is why some souls that are famous have over many lifetimes have tempered the lower ego to obey the higher self and perform things from a humanitarian level where the heart charka is open and connected to all life. Great things then can and do happen one's that is achieved. At this point the soul is ready to move on to it's next level of spiritual development in order to prepare itself to become a spiritual teacher or master in its own rite at the old soul stage of spiritual development. This is the last stage where soul is no longer concerned with the material world anymore but instead is working out all the karmic loose ends from pervious stages before cycling off the reincarnation wheel of birth and death on the physicals plane. So these souls become in many way silent teachers and avatars of sorts. They follow the beat of their own drum and are usually outside the norm of present day society as many see them as aloof. When they do translated the physical they more than likely won't come back but remain in one of the higher dimensions unless they decide come back to aid the human races as a transcendental soul. There have been many souls like this in earth history Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi to name a few. Thanks spirits swords for Seeing the forest through the trees.

Peace and love always. P.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

"I'll be honest about it. It is not atheists who get stuck in my craw, but agnostics. Doubt is useful for a while. We must all pass through the garden of Gethsemane. If Christ played with doubt, so must we. If Christ spent an anguished night in prayer, if He burst out from the Cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" then surely we are also permitted doubt. But we must move on. To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation."

The character Pi in Yann Martel's The Life of Pi

Polaris8 and Speedwell like this.
  4. Totoro

That's an interesting point of view Ken. I've always preferred agnostics, if they were at peace with knowing they don't know everything. To me that was a logical destination of self awareness.

Atheists got stuck in my craw because the most visible ones tend base their belief in pure contrarianism.

But I suppose the point rings true either way.. Go through your journey and come out the other side. Don't get stuck in the middle.

5. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

That was just a quote I found

6. Totoro

Oh I got that. I just found it very thought provoking :)

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

fireflydancing and Jim78 like this.
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea Speedwell. The faces weren't even reconstructed from skulls ( and even with skull facial reconstruction who can be sure? ) but from art. Really who can be sure how much artistic license the original artist took.

Its still interesting however IMO.

Speedwell likes this.
  10. Peace of mind

Peace of mind Active Member

One theory says, that ill behaving people will reincarnate soon again, because they have not developed good organs for taking part on the higher mental levels during their sojourn before the new birth.

11. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I wouldn't worry too much of it given such souls tend to end up in some difficult lives once they come back though some are fortunate to get completely normal lives as well but more often than not it is the hard ones.

12. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It's difficult to use this train of thought though. It could lead to the idea that those currently living difficult lives were previously "ill behaving" as someone put it. In turn this may lead to us looking at the suffering of our fellow creatures and presume it is their own fault, they deserved it.

Because of those difficulties, and the need for compassion in this world, I find it better not to make any assumptions about such matters. Compassion must take precedence over such ideas.

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

We don't get what we deserve IMO..we get what we NEED!

14. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Peace of mind, This is some what true to a point. Soul's that have a lot of negative karma to work out general do come back sooner into the physical world. Simply because their consciousness does not have enough good or higher spiritual thoughts and emotions to carry them into the higher mental plane where such noble and positive states of consciousness can be made aware to the lower ego and realize its potential for future lifetime on earth again.

Instead souls that have more negative karma or evil states of consciousness general gravitate towards the lower astral plane after death where these things are work out. Because while is one is on the astral plane there is a mix of both good and bad karma tied into the emotional nature of the astral body where both mind and emotions are entangled. While there the lower ego is more involved in things that are self severing rather than for the greater good of all. This is true even on the middle and higher astral plane however souls there are for the most part good in nature however they are still working out Their dreams, wish's and asperations which are tied into satisfying the ego itself rather then serving the greater good for all concern. That usually does not take place until the soul has transcended into the lower or upper mental plane. There no evil of any kind can enter that world. As only the very best, and highest noble thoughts, emotions and asperations that the soul had while in life will be realized there in their heaven life. Anything that is negative or evil will be dropped out in their astral body and kept in seed form in a dormant state until the next lifetime. This is because the soul before entering the mental plane must take on the second death which is the dropping off of the astral body before becoming fully consciousness on the mental plane.

So if the soul is of a higher spiritual evolution it will spend a longer time in the higher dimensions before incarnating back to the physical. Spending a shorter time in the astral world and a longer time on the mental and causal plane. Where as a soul that is of a younger spiritual evolution with a lot of negative karma will spend a longer time in the astral world and a shorter time in the mental and casual worlds before incarnating. So the time between lifetimes is somewhat shorter due to the that that the bulk of their karma is sill in the physical world. However regardless of what state of spiritual evolution a soul is at all must have at least a touch of consciousness on the casual plane before coming back. Obviously if a soul is more advance its stay on the causal world is much longer until enlightenment occurs which at that point the cycle of reincarnation comes to a final close.

P.