Painting a room

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Grel, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Grel

Grel A Quebecker stuck in an American body

Allo.. I thought I would share my newest effort to pass time. I decided it's time to paint the room I use for writing. The problem is finding the right color!
    So, I find color strips samples at the Sherwin Williams place. Biiiig mistake.
    I come home with a lot of strips. To make matters worse, I am fairly certain all of them look great.
    Now I can't decide.
    Hahaha.
    -Grel

2. Grel

Okay so maybe the room painting idea is not working! My partner noticed all of the samples on the coffee table and said oh dear God... Please not another dishes plate incident.
    I could not decide on three sets of plates so I bought all three. Ended up giving two as Christmas presents. I think she is afraid I will paint the room with all of the sample colors!
    -Grel

3. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Grel, Picking the right color does invoke certain emotional and mental states when one walks into a room. The reason I say this is I'm an empath and when I walk into a room not only do I senses the emotional state of the people that are in there with me but also what the room looks like in terms of color, arrangement of items ( feng shui) an furniture ect… As physical objects do give off there own aura and general feeling along with the mental states of the owner on a subconscious level. So if your choosing a room that you create writing in pick colors that you find soothing and comfortable with. If the room is small with very little light don't pick dark colors as it make the room feel smaller as if the walls are closing in on you. Have the desk facing towards the door or entryway. As having your back to the door is bad energy in terms of creative energy as you want that energy to be positive and flowing freely within the room. You want the room to reflect who you are inwardly. And you want it to draw you in and be inviting to yourself and others that enter they room. I know all this sounds really dumb but on a subconscious level this really does effect those that enter the room or even your home itself.

I have entered some places where I felt uncomfortable, depressed, with a lot of bad energy is in there because the room was filled with clutter, dark colors or items that had no connection to the owner or full of negative images on the walls ect… Trust me I can know a lot about a person and their inner state just by entering there home.

Let us know how it goes.... sounds like fun!!!

Best of luck...

P.

Grel likes this.
  4. Grel

I hadn't thought of your suggestions and it explains why when I moved my desk to face the door (my partner kept reading over my shoulder!), I felt better. I also put my desk so I could look out on the backyard.
    Definitely need to weed out the dark colors then!
    -Grel

5. Grel

I think I have settled on creamy white and a light blue color for my writing room. I also think I will change the door too... I love doors that have windows in them. Such as decorative patterns.
    For reason, I love wooden and wicker furniture.
    -Grel

6. Grel

I think I am enjoying this chore :).
    -Grel

7. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Grel, sounds like the colors seem right for a small room. Light blue is a clam color but not too dark. It allows your mind to calm down while creating such things like writing as your mention. Plus the creamy white will make the room feel bigger. What was the color before? Just curious...

P.

8. Grel

Allo Allo Polaris- before I started the renovation, the room was a dark wood paneling. I couldn't tolerate it for long periods of time and would move to April's office to work. Her office overlooks the garden and the pool and it's in soft red pastels and white.
    It dawned on me I found my writing room oppressive. Imagine my delight when a section of the wood paneling fell away from the wall and revealed smooth, lovely drywall!
    I tore out all of that paneling, took down the ugly curtains and the room gradually became lighter, more airy. Its an 11x11 I think?
    I went as far as ripping out the carpet. Not sure what to do about the bare floor.. April thinks I should put in a blue carpet.
    Today, I was painting the East wall. The East and West wall are the light creamy white while the north and south are that lovely light blue.
    So far so good!
    -Grel

tanker likes this.
  9. Grel

I am awake to finish the East wall. I am on track to finish the painting by this afternoon.
    The door is another matter.. it has Hugh's claw marks from his days as a puppy. I looked down and I am not sure I want to replace the door.
    -Grel

tanker likes this.
  10. Grel

Completed the painting job. Now moving back into the room. Already feel a change in the room's energy!
    -Grel

Li-la likes this.
  11. Grel

Allo Allo.. I finished the paint project but I am unpacking everything as well as working on other projects. On a funny note, I was unpacking one box and found out where my half eaten Snicker's bar had gone... Right into the box marked 'Desk files'. I seriously thought I had eaten it absent minded. I threw out the candy bar, chuckling.
    And since I disconnected the cable from my room, I reattached my antenna to the TV to discover a lineup of over the air channels! I am hooked on Quest, CourtTv and the awesome Ion channels!
    -Grel