Paintings, Photos, Etc. of Your PL Self

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by SeaAndSky, Apr 9, 2015.

1. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now personally several images of my past life self have come to my present self recollection. It is for myself always so interesting when I look at my past life selves. It is hard to put into words but in can be soooo mesmerizing it seems and hard for myself for to tear away myself from looking at these past life images. I find myself going back again and again and look at my former selves it seems. There are three former past life selves where I have come across photos and portraits of my former past life self and the similarities to this present life self is always so interesting and striking.

Now it was like a year or two or so ago that I had a dream in which in the dream, I saw one image of my past life self after another pass rapidly in front of my eyes. In the dream I screamed for the images to slow down so I could take a deep and long look at each one. But each of the images would pass rapidly in front and there were countless images from so many past lifes. Then it seems shortly afterwards where I came onto so much more info and personel recollection of these various past lives with photos from these various past lives. One of the past lives I had known for quite awhile of being a Northern Cheyenne Girl who had died young. Some years ago when on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation, I had about walked straight up to where she was buried and I had never been there before in this life. I thought I would never come across a photo of this young Cheyenne Indian girl but I last year, low and behold I came across one.

And again when looking at these various images from it seems three of my former past life selves, how hard it is to put into words, but it seems to be so mesmerizing it seems. And how striking similar is various physical similarities to my present life self there is it seems.

Just my two cents worth for whatever it is worth. Wishing everyone the best.

Barblynn likes this.
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi kmatjhwy,

If you still have access to any of the photos you mention, I'd love to see one or all.

On another note, and not particularly in response to your post, I have noted the search for resemblance that people engage in when reviewing these types of photos or paintings. I do the same thing myself and think it is understandable, but not enough by itself. E.g, I was struck by the following article showing fairly remarkable resemblances between unrelated folks in the here and now:

https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-freaks-she-meets-doppelganger-1st-time-ireland-151207108--abc-news-lifestyle.html

So, if we can have very strong resemblance in the present to someone, it seems to me that finding someone who resembles us strongly in the past--without more--is not necessarily proof of a PL. That is, unless it is supported by other factors of memory, etc.

Cordially,

S&S

3. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I agree that it is very likely to find someone in the present that you look like due to genetics and that similarity of facial features alone is not enough to go on regarding past lives.

It just so happens that when you suspect you were someone and then find out that you also look alike, that is another layer to consider. Not everyone finds a picture first and uses that as a confirmation.

4. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now Sea and Sky, now I have saved these images to a portable harddrive I have but I have yet to post any of these images to my photosite where can post them on the web. For whatever reason I am hesitant to post them on the web right now if you understand. I personally do look at these images all the time and right now recollect on this just personally for personal reasons. Maybe one of these days will post, see what happens. But soon in several weeks it will be time for myself to go back into the deep back Wyoming wilds which I do every summer and enjoy life.

As for myself, how much of the time it seems do I put things on the shelf and let whatever prove itself thru time. Again maybe one of these days.

Hope you understand .... Wishing You the Best!

5. Aleksei

Aleksei Banned

I know in my heart I have identified a past life identity of mine. Not only do I have numerous memories, I carry the emotions, feelings associated with the life and memories attached to that life. I have even been given many signs when asking for a verification. Things I recall, there is just no other explanation. That being said, I also look very much so like my past life self. I put more weight into the factors I listed before appearance, but having that near identical appearance to me just seems like more proof.

To answer your questions "what does looking at it make you feel like? What does it bring to mind? How do you react?" Looking at the photos (there are multiples for me) gives me a plethora of feelings. My first reaction is I'm just taken aback. I feel like I'm looking at myself. I look right into the eyes....they feel like my own. You get this overwhelming feeling, because you get a realization of sorts, that reincarnation truly exists. You know then there is more after death. You know you had lived before in another vessel. You realize, you are more than your body. These feelings stir up, do overwhelmed with emotion, some emotions asnd feelings you just can't describe. You are in awe. Speechless. But you have a sense of euphoria travel through you....because you're starting to unlock yourself, your true self. What is brought to mind when looking at the photos? Well...all I listed above but I also start to recall the photo being taken. I recall looking at the photo while I was still in that previous body. You recall seeing it, when you were a perfect reflection of your past self. I'd say I react I guess strangely, and extremely spiritual to a sense when I look at old photos, yet I also reminisce. It feels like when you look at old photos from your current life, you just reminisce of the old days. At first when I had come to this realization I did question myself as anyone should. There's no point in believing you were somebody you weren't. But anyhow, I found myself really thinking about things. I thought about how when I looked at photos you can see the day they were taken. It starts to play out, like you're there again. I pondered this, and figured this is a truth showing phenomena. I try to place myself, let's say I'm looking at a photo of Brad Pitt and he's on the Red Carpet....I can use my imagination to place me there but anything I see is fictitious. Since I've never been there I have no sense of the reality of him or where he is. I can't see him in person and know how he looks when he moves or speaks, it's all a guessing game. When I compare that to the past life photos...it's entirely different. I truly know how these people looked that I'm photographed with...the places too. I back up this claim by later noticing what I thought locations looked like, was accurate upon research. And seeing others, feels like when I reminisce about people I know currently.

I know I really carried on, but, these are all the feelings that are evoked in me when I see my old photos.

6. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

I know how you feel. It's one thing to believe in reincarnation on an intellectual level, and quite another to know that it is true.

This is a cool movie on this sort of topic. Worth a look if you can get hold of a copy.

7. SeaAndSky

Hi Tang,

I loved the movie trailer. It hits on something that comes up over and over again, with me and with others that have written on this thread and elsewhere: the eyes! The thing that strikes me most when I look at the person that I wonder/think/hope/fear was me is the eyes. When I look into those eyes I feel like I am looking into my own eyes in a mirror. I am shocked and set back, perturbed and intrigued, taunted and challenged. Perhaps, the eyes are the part that most closely tracks or identifies us from life to life. Maybe, as the movie seems to be saying, they are the part of us that truly remains identical (or nearly so) through each of our many and varied iterations.

S&S

8. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Indeed. It is the eyes. It's not necessarily even the same eye colour, but there is 'something' about the eyes that seems to remain recognisable. Truly, they are the 'windows of the soul'.

9. TedB

TedB Banned

That statement is VERY true. I have seen videos, and photos of my past life self. When you look into the eyes, you just know.

10. flashback

flashback On hold...

Yes... for me, was the eyes, on "the" photo... and for several minutes i was "hipnotized" i just couldnĀ“t stop looking... they were looking at me, or into me.

AlexD likes this.
  11. TedB

TedB Banned

Yes exactly! It felt like looking into your own eyes. You can just tell.

12. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Similar facial features / driver's license photos

On the assumption of similar facial-features carrying-over.

Can the often poor-quality of driver's license photos evoke "eerie deja-vu" feelings of possible past-lives?

13. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

I love these kinds of threads :) . Thanks for starting it SeaandSky! Well here is a portrait of my one life that I've made a thread about on here:

[​IMG]

The above portrait was painted by Alexander Kucharski whom was commissioned by Queen Marie-Antoinette to be the Court Painter. He replaced Madame Vigee Le-brun as she wanted a more realistic approach to the portraits. Kucharski had an eye. Another portrait, also by Kucharski has always been mistaken for Louis-Charles but it is not him. It is his older brother, Louis Joseph whom was Dauphin and died in 1789. Louis-Charles became Dauphin at his death.

When I first saw this portait I resonated with it a great deal. I resonate with the one of my brother, but this one I resonate with on a very deep level. I recognised it instantly. Especially considering the fact I remember having light blonde hair. Louis Joseph had brown lank hair.

14. SeaAndSky

Hi Insearchof,

These are nice images. (You were a cute kid!) I have always felt that the "famous" in PLs had an advantage over the not so famous in this particular respect--you can usually find images of your PL self. :thumbsup:

I also have been fascinated by the fact that PL images are often claimed to resemble the current life person. This is always remarked on in terms of "the eyes" in particular, and many claim to be struck by PL images of themselves and especially by "the eyes". Do you see a resemblance to your current self, etc.?

S&S

PS--It seems clear to me that overall resemblance is going to be greatly impacted by cross-ethnic or cross-gender incarnations, but otherwise, I have seen some remarkable likenesses. Whether this is the exception or the rule in such cases I cannot say.

15. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It can be a bit unsettling, I admit. It's like being a fly on the wall after you've left the room. Especially when you can find forum posts about your past life, books and other things that claim to know you, even though they've never met you.

That's interesting you've said that.. Even other people have pointed out the eyes about my self and my past lives. I've read many off the cuff statements online about photos of my past life. "she looks mad" "she looks like a man". I always get told I look mad (I'm just thinking!! and I'm not mad really!!) and conversely, I often get told with my eyes and lips I should have been a girl :D And my life before her, he was often known by his intense gaze.

Elisabeth of Hesse likes this.
  16. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

SeaandSky, haha thanks! I have to agree, when you've had a recorded/well-known/famous past life incarnation the percentage of you finding a portrait/photograph of your old self is quite high. I feel bad for people who don't know what they looked like. It is hard definitely.

I'm quite older now in this life, much older then that portrait of the Dauphin (it was painted in 1790 or 1792. I forget which. He died in 1795, he was ten when he died) but Maman, she has told me that I still have the same smile, with a hint of mischievousness still there (or sneaky LOL !) I've also been told my eyes have seemed to carry over through several of my past lives. And I have to say it is unsettling like Totoro mentioned about seeing your old self. In that portrait, I see the resemblance to one of my more recent past lives. It carried over quite a lot. That life was actually VERY and eerily similar to my life as Louis-Charles. The life between I reached 28 years of age when I died. That incarnation was related to the incarnation after that. We (I say we, my incarnation where I died at 28 and my life where I died at 13) were related through blood. My mother in the middle life was the sister of the grand mother of my third incarnation. LOL ! Tongue twister that was!

In this incarnation I guess you can say I'm a little bit of each of my incarnations I've had. I think we all can relate to this :) .

17. Elisabeth of Hesse

Elisabeth of Hesse Elisabeth

I looked like this in my previous life, in my current I look similar except for the eye color. (In my PL, My eyes were icy blue, in my CL my eyes are dark brown)

Attached Files:

18. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I switched gender since the 50's, and in my opinion I look pretty different. First reaction? 'Look at how gorgeous I used to be'... lol

19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I was aware of what my past life image looked like before I knew about reincarnation. I always felt a familiarity in the way my past self was and I always knew that in a similar context I would do similar things. I always stared at men who looked like my past life self, like as if I was meant to remember something. Reincarnation never entered my head however...not until I started remembering. Not much was taught about my PL self in history class at school back then. Politics had made me a footnote at that time, so aside from knowing what I looked like I hadn't really paid much attention to my PL self beyond watching a film about it and getting feelings I dismissed. After I remembered reincarnation film footage of me back then struck me in particular as being very like who I am today. Not in appearance although I am the same height and colouring in my current life..moreso in the way I moved and smiled. It was eerie and I felt pity for myself because I hadn't realised back then that I was so misguided.

This is a video of my PL self. I'm the one in the cap:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    fireflydancing likes this.