Past life as an Egyptian, looking for validation and ideas

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Kadri87, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Kadri87

Kadri87 New Member

Lately I've been thinking a lot about my past life and I think I was an Egyptian in ancient times. I've always been into anything connected to Egypt ever since I could remember. I would watch documentaries and movies at age 5-6-7 about Egypt, it just fascinated me. Anything to do with Egypt and especially Ancient Egypt. It's said to be the first indicator. I've also always been sensitive to a point and even a little psychic. I have that gut feeling, something extra I can't actually explain, but I'm working on it. But as I said, lately I've been feeling like I need to know more about my past life as an Egyptian. I've always felt dtrongly about it but it sort of came to me when I was looking for meditation music and accidentally found Ancient Egyptian music and it felt like home. I can't explain it, but here's what I know. I was never an important person myself, but my father was. I sat in meetings with him as his right hand and counselor. I don't think I was ever married, which seems odd. I may have been psychic, my counsil was highly trusted and followed, I was religious and worshiped Bastet and Isis most of all. I may have been a priestess for I feel strongly about religious rituals in general and have great respect to them. I have been meditating on it and letting my mind wander to find out more, but nothing else has come through. Any ideas on how to proceed and what to do? Am I just supposed to meditate more until I'm ready to remember more? Any ideas about my person, who I might have been so I might research more and maybe jog my memory?

vivek chaudhary and MAATKE-RE like this.
  2. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Kadri87 In my opinion its important to understand the differences between you the physical and you the spiritual. You the physical only has one life, this one you are now living.. This physical entity will die never to return.. It is your spiritual self who continues on incarnation after incarnation.. It is very possible that at some point, you the spiritual you did occupy a physical entity in Ancient Egypt. If you did then all of those memories are within the spiritual you..While meditating you must t practice and practice contacting your spiritual self It can take a long time to achieve that contact, but when you do I promise you will know.. It takes plenty of dedicated effort over a long period of time to achieve this in a proper manner

It is only recently I discovered my previous incarnations into Ancient Egypt

Where I can relate to what you talked about is in my younger days I was employed in the import/export business.. while doing business I travelled to many countries.. The only place I felt I had come home was Egypt, and to a lessor degree other countries in the Middle East.. I never thought much of it at the time but now it makes perfect sense to me. I would be staying in hotels with other guys who were also doing business and they could not believe I would go out at any time of the day or night.. I loved going to many places on my own especially the open markets with all of there produce.. I felt no fear at all. I just blended in

Nobody can tell you who the entity was you occupied, you can only find that through your spiritual self

Regards

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Kadri,

John is correct, though he uses language different from most. You will have to get in contact with your innermost, reincarnating self to get the types of answers you are looking for. Most seek to do regressions of some type, though there are other methods. I expect you will get some pointers from some of the moderators shortly on these same issues (as the board has sections that cover this type of thing as well as having long lists of books on the subject).

I did want to mention, however, that it does sound like you were a priestess. I recently found and posted some links related to Om Sety (the spellings on this vary): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Eady. She has said and written much about her past life as an Egyptian priestess. You may find that some of it rings a bell with you. Either way, it makes for interesting reading.

Cordially,

S&S

4. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

I've been Egyptian before. I know how I jog memories. But at the same time, they just flow for me.

Tony likes this.
  5. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  6. rjmarzano

rjmarzano rjmarzano

I would recommend two books written by people who said they experienced the Egyptian initiation rites in past lives.

Apparently because of those experiences they were able to remember those past lives in great detail.

Those books are:

Initiation by Elisabeth Haich

Initiation In The Great Pyramid by Earlyne Chaney

The Lives Of Edgar Cayce is another good one. Cayce said he lived at least one past life in Egypt. He also talked about Atlantis.

Edgar Cayce's Secrets Of Astrology is good for understanding the possible connections between reincarnation and astrology.

Peace of mind and Tony like this.
  7. Ivey

Ivey Member

for memory jogging and a chance to feel at home investigate Coptic language and culture. It's Ptolomaic Egyptian in a modified Greek script. Listen to some chants particularly Thok Te TiGom you can find it on youtube . It's the language Cleopatra spoke.The music tradition is from the old religion even though though the sentiment is christian. They call the language Re-n-kimi (speech of the people of the black earth, nile mud), but in old days it was Re-N-Taui (speech of the people of the two kingdoms. Unfortunately my keyboard doesn't type Heiroglyphs

Peace of mind likes this.
  8. SeaAndSky

Hi Ivey,

Thanks for these references. I knew that the Coptic Christians of Egypt claimed to be the only true remaining Egyptians, though they have been surrounded, subjugated and submerged in/by their Muslim conquerors. They are sadly being subjected to fresh brutality and repression by the same in Egypt today, though the world takes little notice of such things. I also knew that Coptic existed as an ancient tongue. However, I didn't realize that Coptic was still being spoken and that the Copts still preserved the ancient Egyptian language as a living language.

I liked the Thok Te TiGom and also listened to this one, which was claimed to be based on a pre-Christian Egyptian funerary hymn "Golgotha":

Thanks for the tip and a chance to hear what the ancient Egyptian chants may have sounded like (as well as to hear these still very ancient Christian Coptic adaptations).

Cordially,
    S&S

December likes this.
  9. Ivey

Ivey Member

There are two dialects of Coptic boharic and sahidic. different branches of the church use them. Also most classic remntaui you hear uses 'e' for all vowels since the british scholars who translated them didn't give a #@$% about the language as a living thing just as some secret code, so who cared how it sounded I.E. NeferTiTi (beautiful maiden) was most probably said as nofreTiTi since one name for Osiris (Asour) Unn-nfr (beautiful being)was treated as unen nefer rather than the correct ounn-nofre as in the christian hermit saint recorded as st.onofre like the town in southern california. Do you have any idea what time frame you existed in, since the language changed with time. from the time I was a kid this stuff was bothering me. I also have memories from the 1020-1070 period in central England (Mercia). good luck in your journey. Stay in touch in this cycle and the future.

Peace of mind and December like this.
  10. SeaAndSky

Hi Ivey,

I don't really know if I have any Egyptian connections, though there are plenty of folks on the board that seem to, and plenty of threads where that is a subject of discussion. Up until the last couple of years, my interest in Ancient Egypt was primarily as an exotic back-drop and as a foil for Biblical stories. I was and am, however, very interested in the development of Christian mysticism during the early part of the current era among the Desert Fathers in Egypt, and likewise in ancient Alexandria as a source and foundation for mystical thought. And, like many, my sympathies lie with the Copts of Egypt, descendants of the original Egyptians, as they suffer persecution as a religious minority in the current day.

Cordially,
    S&S

11. Ivey

Ivey Member

Hi S&S
    There is plenty of early Christian and Gnostic literature. The gospel of thomas, the gospel of phillip etc. There was a pretty good site dedicated to all this (metalogos) but it's offline. you could also try to track down the marcion. I have copies but they are a bit large to post (several hundred megabytes) I even made an Android friendly version. If you would like them let's figure a transfer method. Have you checked out the gospel of Judas?. Golgotha is awesome. I've be humming it. Remember the period from 200 bc to 200 ad was a prolific period for Christian,Jewish and transitional (Gnostic) mysticism , with much of it centered in Sinai, because it was between Alexandria and Jerusalem. I have a strong connection to this period and to earlier periods in Egypt. When the Tut exhibit was in NY years ago. I spent the day translating the hieroglyphics on the furniture. Actually seeing tut-ankh-amun and ankh-sen-amun written by someone who knew them had me freaking out.

12. Ivey

Ivey Member

13. Ivey

Ivey Member

check my thread with S&S. listen to the chants posted (Thok Te TiGom and Golgotha) and see if they evoke anything

December likes this.
  14. SeaAndSky

Hi Ivey,

I am familiar with the Metalogos site, and think the propositions of the author in terms of the significance of the Coptic gospels he promoted (including the Gospel of Thomas) are definitely worthy of closer consideration by other scholars. Plus, his argument that these are not "gnostic" seems to be sound. (In any case, I generally take a dim view of scholars that label anything that doesn't fit into a cookie cutter theology as being "gnostic").

In terms of the four Coptic works discussed on Metalogos, I'm a special fan of the Gospel of Thomas (which I don't claim to totally understand), and hope to soon order a work that looks very interesting related to GofT and the different currents in early Christianity. (The "Thomas Current" was not seemingly included in the final amalgam). However, I have a hard time with Gnosticism overall, and do not consider myself to be a gnostic.

I think your connection to Egypt down through the ages is great. There are several people who you may find interesting on the board in terms of Egypt prior to the Greek conquest, including Blueheart. So, I'm looking forward to your contributions in this area, which is fairly new to me.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I believe the author of the Metalogos site and materials passed away some time ago, but the site was being maintained in his honor by others. It is unfortunate if it has finally run out of gas.

PPS--I have become very interested (in an intermittent and amateurish sort of way) in the ideas of Margaret Barker, who is important in an area of study known as "temple theology". She is worth a look, and has a lot of stuff available online, though her scholarly works are huge tomes and beyond my expense account (even if I had time to read them). In any case, her position is that the types of works that you recite are critical to understanding the origins and meaning of Christianity, and represent an important resource for this purpose. So, you may find her interesting. Overall, however, she sees Christianity as being a somewhat modified continuation of an aspect of the original Hebrew faith that was pushed aside during an earlier era by the elite of that day, but never totally eliminated and eradicated, flaming back to life with and at the time of Jesus. As noted, interesting.

15. Ivey

Ivey Member

Hmm
    I wasn't aware that Metalogos itself was 're-incarnated' . Have you got a link?

16. SeaAndSky

Hi Ivey,

I did a quick search for "Metalogos site" and it popped right up. So, whether it was off-line for a while or not, it is currently "up": http://freelyreceive.net/metalogos/

I'm glad. It's been several months since I dropped by. I think I'll spend some time there over the next few weeks.

S&S

17. Ivey

Ivey Member

Thanks muchly
    Ivey

18. MAATKE-RE

MAATKE-RE Probationary Member

Hi, I am new in this forum only few days... What I remember in EGYPT, 3,500 years ago, is that the Priest and the Priestesses do not worship together or mingle between them, only in highly celebrations for the different deities... and during does celebrations, the priestesses did not dare to look at the eyes of the priest... or fall in love with any of them... both will be death. I also was very religious then...that was part that I most learn since a child if I was to become PHARAOH. About the music, I remember when I was being bathe by my slaves, the musician play like the harp and was soft music...and the banquet hall for diner, also was soft music... but when we had celebrations there was all kind of dancing music, some of the music that sometimes I hear now in YOU TUBE, by GIOVANNI MARRADI, AND ERNESTO CORTAZAR , some sound like the music I remember then... one is call "FOR EVER YOU AND I, by ERNESTO CORTAZAR, and the other one is ALWAYS by GIOVANNI MARRADI... probably they reincarnated from that time too, and some of that music still printed in their soul, but our music from the 18 dynasty was different of the Arab music that I just hear .. does were beautiful time for me, and I missed so very much.
    I would advised you and to everyone if you will like to know if you had a pass life, to contact a PSYCOLOGIST who can do a regression through the telephone. if you want I can suggest mine, who was a prof. of PSYCOLOGY in the UNIVERSITY OF LARAMIE WYOMING when he did mine, and I have him since 1978, when he did my first regression, that was 12 hrs.
    good luck!

HATSHEPSUT

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  19. Ladyhawkke

Ladyhawkke New Member

20. Ladyhawkke

Ladyhawkke New Member

I, too, have the feeling I had a past life in Egypt. Early on I Was obsessed with Cleopatra and read everything I could find about her life. I also sculpted a bust of King Tut and a bas relief of Nefertiti and have an Egyptian papyrus on my wall. Two mediums told me I had a past lives in Egypt, one as a High Priestess who was suffocated. If you wish to find out for yourself, you could have a past life regression.

Peace of mind likes this.