Past life love

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Lily2015, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Lily2015

Lily2015 Rep

Mar 30, 2016
    I have read many on here discussing past life love. I'm really curious about this, and how do we move on from it?

Ive had many dreams about a man since youth. All of my dreams I've had about him are of different eras. I'm not going to lie and say i don't ponder if ill ever meet him. I did for years, but i would also forget. After 2 bad relationships, he came back to mind again. Now I'm older mid 30's. Few years ago i had strong sense this man was going to come into my life, and again i pushed that fantasy out. One day i met him, and instantly i knew. The dreams about him happened more frequently but we are not together. recently attended a workshop on past life regression and I saw him. It was the 18th century and due to social class we couldn't be together. I married someone else that I was unhappy with. I do recall having 2 dreams about this era years ago, and the regression has helped put those 2 dreams together.

Is it possible this man and I have traveled through other lives wanting to be together but could not?
  2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2004
    Hello Lily (love that name!), as a product of this dilemma, I too struggle with the answer. In the lives with Her, that I recall, there has always been a reason or a situation that we could not be together... or a calamity. In the last life together she was taken tragically by illness in the prime of our lives. I think the biggest lesson that I've learned is that being together" isn't always a piece of cake; they all seem to be lovely until real things happen. My wish for a complete life of bliss is very elusive. Is it unrealistic to hope for such a long and sustained life of joy? Is there such a thing? I recently read that Albert Camus wrote,"There is no love of life without despair of life." If this is the case, I suppose I'm living true to life. In the same article was a wonderful quote from Walt Whitman: “What is happiness, anyhow? … so impalpable — a mere breath, an evanescent tinge."

So, I guess to answer your question, we do travel through lives searching for each other... some lives we are fortunate, but subject to loss... other lives we are empty in our search. What does that mean? Well, for me, I'm gonna keep on reaching out to her... its all I can do. ~Tman
  3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Aug 21, 2014
    Hi Lily, I would imagine that it is very possible. I've also wondered about these past-life loves, whether they are something to try to relive or not; what a disappointment it would be to entangle yourself with them only to find a trait that spoiled both the relationship and the past memories! What if we have chosen traits that they now find offensive? I would be afraid that my/our expectations would cause unforeseen problems. T~Man posted as I typed that last line and seems to make it even more credible.
  4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Feb 14, 2014
    I've discovered that lovers from past lives aren't always meant to be this time around. What links us isn't necessarily "romantic" at its core, or at least not in the way romance is packaged and sold like a drug. The connection between us simply "is" a source for strength to us in life, if that makes sense.

It's not about falling in love and getting married (though sometimes we do) it's a way to know we're never really on our own. The relationship is solid and settled on the other side of the veil, with none of the questions and fears we entangle with when we view things through a finite perspective. You can't ever really lose loving soul connections, because we're essentially constantly in each other's embrace on the other side. The separation we experience here is ... imaginary ... if that makes sense.

Of course, that doesn't make it any easier while missing their tangible presence, but it does help with enduring the process of time.
    fireflydancing and AlexD like this.