Past Life Memories in English?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ophelia3, May 18, 2020.

1. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Just a random thought & question, when you experience a past life memory from a time where they didn’t speak English was your memory in English or that specific language?

My memories/visions were in English...

I don’t know if it’s my conscious translating over into English or if it questions the validity of these memories/visions.

Thanks.

Peace of mind and fireflydancing like this.
  2. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

This is a part of what I have been talking about for a long time Previous incarnation memories are interpreted through the current physical entity including emotions

3. Elle C.

Elle C. Active Member

Sometimes I hear the language. Sometimes it's English. Even the same memory can be different depending on dream or recall. Even when it's in the foreign language I "understand" it in English.

What's even funnier for me is that the one foreign language I learned is a language I have never used in any life.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  4. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

I see, so it’s probably the brain & conscious interpreting & translating the situation into English, or an understandable context.

Klaud likes this.
  5. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

When I saw my Roman PL it was kind of both. I could hear my own thoughts in Vulgar Latin, but I could understand it like it was English. Ironically, I did take two years of classical Latin but that wouldn't have helped me much.

I did have one past self that did speak English, but it was Early Modern English, which is somewhat different. I have a book written in said language and it makes my head hurt lol.

Peace of mind and Ophelia3 like this.
  6. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

The languages I hear and speak in memories, dreams, etc. is always in my native language, which is Hungarian. Or at least it's in a language I fluently understand and it comes down as Hungarian when my conscious self "switches back". But I often use terms in my dreams that often have their Hungarian pairs, yet I "use" the German, English, etc. version of them for some reason. It's almost like when google translate fails to translate a few words in a longer text and those words remain in the translated text too.

7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Mostly English (even though my native language is German, maybe it is English because I write so much in English and use guided meds in English... or maybe English was my mother tongue in my last life), but names I sometimes get in other languages. I actually heard words spoken only once, but that most likely was gibberish (sounded a bit like Latin, but wasn't Latin, a part would make sense in Italian, but couldn't find anything that would make sense as a whole).

Klaud and Ophelia3 like this.