Past life or rather the act of idolizing someone

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by views, Feb 1, 2019.

views Member

Hello, for roughly two weeks I have been researching the topic of past lives and some things that may have connections with them such as astrology and numerology. The thing I have been doing this research is in a desperate attempt to discover my past life, or simply idolizing someone I believe to be my past life.

Before you jump straight up and tell me to do a regression, I shall simply answer no. I do not wish to do a past life regression without a trained professional. The problem with that is there no-one nearby my location that can do these, and I have yet to reach the legal driving age.

The person I believe I was is somewhat famous in a certain area of the world. I'm sorry, but I do not feel comfortable sharing names, as I do not want to make people think I was this person especially if that would be false information.

I have been talking to my close friend who also believes in past lives and such, but like I said above I do not want to spread information that could potentially be false. So, for the past week I have been observing this forum, and I have finally built up the courage to reach out to all of you.

Below I will be explaining everything that I think is needed, and you are welcome to request more information if it can help determine if I was this person.

-How I jumped to this conclusion-
    Not long ago I on accident discovered this person whilst writing a social studies paper. Not long after I began to research this person as I just seemed to oddly like them. I was raised within a very christian family, so the only thing I knew reincarnation as was those top 10 youtube videos going on about cases of children remembering their past life. I just seemed to have this odd but jumpy thought that was like, "I was them reincarnated" Considering my background, that is a very odd thought indeed, which is why I believe it so strongly.
    I feel just connected to this person, its not like a sadness or a feeling that makes you angry or want to cry when seeing them. It's quite the opposite, I felt a warmth, a fulfillment, a dream like almost.

-Similar things between this person-
    Luckily a lot of information is able to be found about this person.

Physical
    -Red hair. I can not one-hundred percent verify that this person had red hair, as in some of their pictures they seem to have red hair and some dark brown, this could be due to the cameras back in the time. Many people claim that when they saw this person in real life that they first noticed their red hair, so it is a mystery bag of which color their hair was. Another odd thing is, my family has black hair. So, I don't know if that helps.

-Eye color. Similar to the last one people argued whether this person had blue or green eyes, but oddly enough I have the same problem. My family often points out my blue eyes, but many friends claim I have green eyes.

-A few years back I got a certain hairstyle and have wore it in this style everyday that I have went out into the public since. I was shocked when I figured out this person also had this hairstyle in one of their yearbook photos.

-I do not know if a white patch of hair is considered a birth mark, but it is the closest I have. This birthmark is similar to the place that ended the persons life.

-Their accent dropped the 'r' in many words. I have a speech impediment (which I am slowly getting fixed) that makes it so I did not use the 'r' in many words. This is more medical related so I do not consider this a large factor.

I will hopefully get back with more information when I do a side by side comparison between us. (I will get someone else to do it so I am not biased towards it.)

Numerology and Astrology
    -We have the same life path in Numerology. I don't know if this holds any meaning.

- Same moon sign. Which is Virgo. We have a few other signs in common, but I will only list moon sign as it's more commonly known.

-I read two blogs talking about like "what zodiac sign were you in a past life' they both claimed (cancers) were geminis in their past life. (this persons sign) Which is honestly odd because as a child I wanted to be a Gemini, or tried to self identify.

-Both of us eat very quickly, tending to be done before most are half done.
    --But, we have very DIFFERENT food tastes.

Hobbys and Intrests
    -Both of us enjoyed writing. Despite my horrible grammar and sentence structure, but I do in-fact enjoy writing. I have several stories I have written in small books tucked away in my bookshelf.

-Both of us enjoy the water or sea etc. This person was commonly found near the sea in their freetime, asa child and currently I have always wanted to live right in front of the sea and rather enjoy water and seas. Water is actually where I do my best thinking.

-We share the same favorite color. (not a big deal as this is a common color)

Beliefs
    So this won't be a list like the last one. I am very open minded to all kinds of sexualities, races, and beliefs etc. This may not seem special, but it is when you look where I came from, a town that teaches the exact opposite. This person also shared the same views.

Phobias
    I do NOT have a phobia that is similar to the way this person died. Which may be a big fat no! A phobia that I do have is one I believe they had. This person was very concerned about a certain aspect of themselves so much so they would travel with to keep track of this. I share this phobia.

Personality
    -The myerr brigs test I got the same type that people said they would've gotten.
    -Despite everyone thinking we are both extroverts, we are both more introverted and would prefer reading rather then talking; but, am able to fake it enough to make people believe we are extroverts.

Odd things
    Things here I wasn't sure which section to put these in.
    -I learnt of their favorite song, upon first listening to it I felt a chill all over me.
    -I do not know how to describe this perfectly, but I shall attempt: I am able to connect people in my life to his life? Example, someone I know shares many similarities with someone important in their life, and I believe them to be that person.

As I said you can request as much information as you wish if it can help me determine if I was this person. When replying please be as BRUTALLY honest as you want as I came here to try and discover the truth and nothing but the truth.
    Please leave your thoughts down below, it would be well appreciated.
    Best regards,

2. glia21

glia21 Senior Member

Hi
    you seem to have quite a healthy approach towards the topic, not screaming names from the roof top. :)
    At your age I used to have flashbacks and vivid dreams that helped me figure out things. Have you tried mediation yet, like relaxing and see what will come to the surface? There are some you Tube videos available too, like brian weiss and others. Either way you don't have to hurry, it sometimes takes a lot of time to discover past lives. And sometimes it won't work at all, just because you are not ready for the information or you are meant to concentrate on your current lifetime.
    Best regards!

BenjaminFR and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Hi!

Thank you for sharing : ) I can relate to the emotional impact when seeing photographs of loved ones and whom I think is my pl self, so I get this part. Also the physical resemblance.

Have you had any flashbacks, memories in a waked state (so to speak, not during pl meditation regression) of you looking out this person's eyes, being this person that is? It can last extremely short time - a second or several and then retreat. One can for instance just see things - like a specific house or what ever. Something one knows is not from this current life. It can happen to me at times when I am relaxed, or also when I have been exposed to something that has reminded me of the past - without me knowing it at the time; and it pops up later on. One can feel the clothes on the body, what it felt like etc. For me that is how it works (but also during pl mediation regression), but from my understanding that is not how it works for some, so it can be different. Certain smells, sounds, just knowing can also do it. Just something - some influences that takes you back. Also dreams - fragments of feelings, things you see - can hold pl memories, I think. It can also happen when you are in between sleep and dream. Any dream that came out of the ordinary when you were a child etc. Something to connect you to the pl.

I hope you do pl regression meditation one day and can validate to yourself if you have been this person that you talk about.

I don't weight too much into whether someone has been so called famous or not, I think that is too part of the plan. Sooner or later one must have been famous in certain circles or connected to someone who is, then again it can be a variety of so called fame and also from within what field. Personally I have someone who I think is a soulmate, or part of my soul group, that I have spotted in short various pl times -as a painter. I don't know who he is but I think it is the same soul. Maybe in one life he got a little bit of fame? out of it - maybe a lot - and maybe non, I don't know, but what is most important is that he clearly loves what he is doing, regardless of recognition, fame or not; this is his passion. This is his drive, part of who he is.

Wish you best of luck on your journey : )

/Li La

fireflydancing likes this.

views Member

I haven’t yet, I wasn’t awake you could possibly get answers from meditation. I will most likely try that out one day in an attempt to find out more. Thank you for informing me about it!

views Member

Thank you so much for this, it really did clear up a lot. Sadly, I haven’t had any flashbacks or memories or etc.

6. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

You're welcome :) I forgot to add that once when I did pl regression meditation I experienced a past life that I was very surprised that I would have had. I mean 0 in any memories, flashbacks, longing, dreams etc that I can today think off anyway. In contrary I have felt close to thinking those times seemed very silly and people very silly (not to mention those strange hats...) and so on. Like I just took a distance from it. So I'm thinking one not always get perhaps these things in advance. I'm just thinking that even if you haven't had any of dreams etc that does not mean you were not the person you think you were.
    Best Wishes Li La

views Member

I’ve decided to update this thread with more information that I come across with mediation and etc.

My first attempt at meditation
    I recently decided to attempt meditation in order to try to grasp some past life memories. It didn’t take long, I didn’t get any visuals as many describe it as. So, I’m not sure that it was successful, all I got out of it was two words that just seemed to stick out and I couldn’t get rid of: “brown loafers”
    I have no clue if that type of shoes have any significance to my past life I believe myself to be.
    This mediation was not a visual, but rather thoughts. If any could elaborate on this, it would be very helpful.

My attempt at past life dreams
    I attempted this twice so far. The first time I didn’t get any results. Last night, I didn’t get a visual dream, or even a dream at all. The only result I got was a small headache on the left side of my head and a title of the story: “crime and punishment.”
    I have no idea if this has any significance to my past life.

Sorry, if this post was rather short.

Li. La. likes this.

views Member

Update #2.

Despite the constant preaching I have done to myself and explaining to others on my wishes to not undergo past life regression without a trained person guiding me, I resorted to doing a video guided regression.

The results I received were I would say a 50/50.

The whole experience didn’t seem as visual as many people reported, but it still was very visual, but also very information based, along with sensations of the body parts.

I did this twice with not many results from either of them.

The first regression.
    This one was rather good for a first regression, I was focused until a little bit and was able to relax. I seemed to get a very dream like vision and some information about my own funeral. Which is odd since I would be dead, so how would I have the memory.

In this ‘memory’ I got a random information burst as I call it saying my casket was black and that it was a closed casket.

The memory I got from this session was about a dark haired woman (either dark brown or black colored hair) and the top of the casket was opened for her. (Not sure why) and she was doing something with my bodies hair. She was doing something with some kind of grooming tool, I couldn’t and still couldn’t figure out if it was a hair comb or a pair of scissors. I have not tried to think about it as I do not want my current non-regressed mind to make up false memories or facts.

The second part from this regression came from when the guide of the video asked if I had siblings. I remember automatically answering: “yes” which is odd since in this life I am an only child.

Soon after this I just seemed to wake up? Perhaps I lost concentration, not sure. Either way I consider this successful.

Attempt #2
    This one wasn’t as successful, but it kind of was. This was more of a sensation regression. The garden and etc the guide spoke about was very visual for me.
    The guide then asked something about what type of shoes we were wearing. My mind instantly thought of “black loafers,” which is similar to when I tried meditation and got “brown loafers.” It wasn’t just my answering of the question, I could feel on my feet they were rather uncomfortable.

Immediately after I had a sensation and a sense of knowing that my hand was touching a surface and that I was lying down on my side with once again my hand touching the surface.

Soon after I lost concentration and awoke from the regression.

Questions.
    -I found regression rather relaxing. But, it seems as if I couldn’t keep my concentration through the whole video. Any tips?

- any recommendations for regressions on YouTube?

Speedwell and TruroNE like this.
  9. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

I had a difficult time with the regressions, so I wish I had tips. But I will say, that any time a physical item has struck a chord with me, actually having the item can bring back memories. Be it a simple item like brown or black loafers.