Past life regression and addressing issues like racism?

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by DennisTate, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Can viewing a past life in another racial group increase our level of empathy for others?

1. Yes....

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No.....

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Maybe....

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Registered

In my opinion it is possible to radically change the opinions of some people who are full of hate
    by regressing them in time under hypnosis until they view a past life in which they
    were in a totally different racial group.

Well over sixty percent of Helen Wambach Ph. D.'s volunteers were women....... but
    almost exactly fifty percent of past lives viewed were of men.

The volunteers also saw themselves reincarnating all over the racial, ethnic and
    spirituality spectrum.

2. Don LH

Don LH seeker

In my opinion our experiences from one incarnation to the next are varied so much as to provide opportunities to cope with and learn from the viewpoints of all possible life scenarios. We live as members of every "race", ethnicity, religion, gender identity, relationship, health/physical/handy-cap advantages and challenges.

Pearcity likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Sometimes when hatred is the leading emotion, souls find themselves within the culture they hated. Not by choice, but drawn like a magnet. There are several regressionists that have written about this. In my own experience the reasons were different, sometimes subtle, sometimes not for the reasons one would think..

4. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

From what I' ve seen, you tend to feel close to the racial groups you belonged to in one life or another. So if someone is really prejudiced, they either never had a past life as those groups or they have issues with their past life, in which case who knows if they will do a sucessful regression.

5. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

Sometimes a negative opinion on race is justified although not exactly acceptable. Consider perchance this notion, perhaps an individual that is extremely racist was murdered by a person of said race in a prior lifetime. However, being able to recall living as a race in which you are racist toward does not necessitate the person gaining a new understanding of the race at all. Let's say someone was hateful toward anything Chinese, and then discovered they had past lives in China. It may not alter their opinion it may just give them an interesting standpoint to look upon, but may never change their opinion. In several of my past lives, I can pinpoint a certain group of people that have wronged me - and it has given me a negative feeling toward them, however I am able to understand my negative feeling toward the group of people and therefore handle everything better and more appropriately. But as I see said above, it seems you tend to feel a closeness to races you belonged to in your past. If someone is prejudice toward a certain group there could be a past life reason for it.

6. Myna

Myna Humanoid

I definitely agree 1 of the so many purposes of reincarnation is that human shall have full compassion to others despite their gender, races, religions, ages, demography, social status, fame, wealth, etc.

Those who are rich this life might b poor next life, those who were men, could be women this life, those who have dark skin might be born as european or western or asian next time. Thus, we shall not have hatred & discrimination to anyone. Just imagine how we would like to be treated if we were in the opposite situation & condition by mirroring yourself into other person.
    Not to mention, we shall develop our compassion everyday, if we see a beggar on the street no matter they are poor for real or not, try to give some, even few penny, just imagine that person was our beloved son, daughter, hubby, mom, dad or family in the past life & ask for food. If we close our eyes & turn away, we already create unfavorable karma, at same time by giving away some of our wealth we are also practicing non-attachment to worldly materials which will serve us greatly for the spiritual evolution & keep our karma wheel positive for favorable reincarnation.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Viktoria Duda likes this.
  7. Pearcity

Pearcity New Member

If you were a racist in a past life then you will become the race you hated in the next life. The souls wants to achieve balance.

Myna likes this.
  8. Myna

Myna Humanoid

I like how u said balance

The wheel of karma seems to work accordingly to balance everything

Pearcity likes this.
  9. elrdvoph627

elrdvoph627 Registered

While it is understandable why we are still stuck in the Nazi concept of race when we actually mean ethnicity, we really need to detach ourselves from these outdated conceptions of reality through understanding and learning about the truth of our existence. I hope this insightful observation made by an interstellar visitor could help us in our reflection and help us to do something about it: “Most humans are so utterly indoctrinated by the externally implanted norms which bombard them from the cradle to the grave that they have no understanding that their ‘normal’ thinking is their own individual and collective prison.”

These externally implanted norms, namely religion, education, culture, traditions, etc., are imbedded in a person's psychic make-up that they practically constitute the bedrock of their daily conscious and subconscious activities. Outside of these psychological boxes, we find ourselves exposed to the unknown. And in the absence of wisdom, these considerations are mostly fear-based and are outright delusions when interpreted and eventually translated into varied modes of human expression. Attitudes and habits are so entrenched that they become this sort of psychic, impregnable prison wall.

Lastly, we are one race, homo sapiens.

10. baro-san

baro-san Member

Sometimes our expectations of how reincarnation and karma work are incorrect because our views are human-centric, not soul-centric. Consequently, in spite of our best intentions, hard work, and sacrifice, we don't do what we incarnated here to learn and do. I believe that hard work and suffering aren't required to progress. Much of the pain we endure in life is an indication that we aren't working toward our life's purpose as souls.

inhaltslos and fireflydancing like this.
  11. Viktoria Duda

Viktoria Duda New Member

Oh, definitely! The more experience one makes with past lives, the more they see beyond ethnic, gender etc. kind of "masks." The challenge is: someone who is full of racial hatred, is very unlikely to embark on a spiritual journey of self-exploration, including the exploration of past lives. Having said that, I have made the following - I think crucially important - observation (with clients I regressed, but also friends and myself): people who were distinctly racist in the past, tend to be distinctly tolerant in this life, indeed, protectors of human rights. (Lesson learned!) For example, people with a Nazi past (who in the meanwhile did the inner work) are the ones who spot when a regime like that is rising and tend to raise their voices. All of this gives great hope for our HUMAN race.

Myna likes this.
  12. Myna

Myna Humanoid

Is that really such huge different? U had such clients?

I had discovered several of my PLs, eventho I thought they might b not mine at all (either it's so or i just cant accept this reality) coz this life, I LOVE making friends with all nats that ppl can hardly imagine (the richness fromA-Z), read about their culture, sometimes religions & learn as many languages as I could from them, but in most of my PLs, Ive been involved in war/military & politic matters of different countries which I think something more to do with patriotism of a certain country. This life I nvr give a glance about war & politic matters & even make the oppose race as my good friend where ppl of my own race could nvr understand me why I do this, I just wanted to show them, we can live peacefully with others whom are not the same as us. In fact we r only 1 race, human race. To see broader in matter of universe, then we r just 1 race as beings of the creator.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Carloloner likes this.
  13. Viktoria Duda

Viktoria Duda New Member

I do see a distinct pattern, yes, and it seems to correspond what you're describing about your experiences. For example, I remember some of my own past lives in which I have fought for a certain cause of a certain country (in other lives for the exact opposite!), until in this life - like you - I feel completely unpolitical. (But do raise my voice if it comes to human rights violations.) At one point, I believe, we have to transcend the concept of enemy, the us-versus-them mentality, and experience our unity. Sounds like you are on that path!

KenJ and Myna like this.
  14. Myna

Myna Humanoid

@Viktoria Duda
    I just wonder how could the change be so drastically? I thought there should b a kind of transition phase, like I might be still have a kind of a bit distant to certain race/nat, but no, not at all this life time. I really embrace all of them, I do believe there are always good ppl in 1 nat, but also less good ones, so if a group of ppl do something less favorable to humanity, I wont dislike the whole nat. I dont even feel that there's a need for me to dislike that group either. I just find them pity & sad for what they have done & for losing beautiful chances in life, in case they decide to take the other better path.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. Viktoria Duda

Viktoria Duda New Member

I would say the drastic change is due to 1) the involvement of good guides (in-between-lives) and 2) the willingness to learn (in this life). Remember, these cases are of people who came to have sessions about their past lives, so it is not the random population, rather people who are VERY MUCH willing to learn. It just illustrates the point: once a person reaches a certain level of maturity and want to evolve consciously, that is like a catalyst. It really speeds up the process.

16. Myna

Myna Humanoid

I didnt go to any sessions of PLR, it was just suddenly opened & started seeing visions, but I did prayed & asked for an explanation how universe & karma work, thats why I can not validate whether its my PLs or other's, coz I saw too many ppl in my as 1st 2nd 3rd person in my visions without knowing which one was my PL due to i had to no emotional ties to any of my vision

17. baro-san

baro-san Member

Reading these posts, I made a few mental notes:
    1. Those of us who know now what's right / what's wrong should remember that we were, or we'll be on the other side of the argument!
    2. Doing injustice to others, will bring injustice onto us, we should keep in mind that we can be wrong!
    3. Being ignorant, careless, utopian about the possible consequences of our thoughts, desires, actions, won't shield us from accumulating negative karma if we're mistaken!
    So many of us are convinced we're right and doing right ...

18. baro-san

baro-san Member

Sorry for the confusion. Those were my thoughts, not necessarily a reply to a certain post. You know how thoughts form in your mind, jumping from one branch to another ... you soon draw up a tree.

Regarding (1.): I was thinking in terms of whoever we are in this life, we might be a karmic result of an opposite of whoever we were in a past life. As we tend to believe that the way we're thinking now is right, there might be a past life when we were as convinced that the opposite was right. It is also possible that this life is actually the first leg of karmic pair, in which we're now making a mistake that will trigger an opposite lesson in a future life.