Past Life regression in the news

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by KenJ, Mar 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I just wanted to make certain the idea of a light-hearted approach did not offend your sensibilities.

Like I said, it was the weight of enough of those off-handed comments and "inside jokes" that tore down the veil for me on the whole subject.

And Annabell, I am sorry that happened to you. Some people prefer to handle subjects and situations that make them uncomfortable with humor or irreverence, which does hurt when reincarnation is involved.

2. Annabell

Annabell Anna

Whenever my friend jokes about the Holocaust I get so angry and hit her. She says it's dark humor but I still get mad and try not to cry because none of my friends know about this but one.

3. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

There are certain subjects that should NEVER be joked about, the holocaust directly being one of them, but for sake of honesty, I and many close friends made lots of Hitler jokes (did that back in WWII as well), there's a big difference between mocking AH and joking about the holocaust directly
    I almost strangled a former friend once for joking about 9/11, it took atleast 6 people to pull me from him

Off handed or sarcastic comments about disability (I'm pretty much a champ in that area and is usually at my own expense) or reincarnation for example should be fine but it also depends on the audience, there are certain things that I can come up with that are just to dark, practically hanging from the gallow, kind of jokes and comments that I can make and only do that with a certain crowd that's A on the same level and B has the experience themselves to understand the punch line

4. Annabell

Annabell Anna

9/11 shouldn't be joked about neither ANY part of the Holocaust. I have to hold everything from all my friends except 1 because they would never understand.

Soldier68 likes this.
  5. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I sometimes like to joke about myself and my past lives, especially my latest choice of reincarnation, but also other questionable things I did in the past. That's because for me it helps ease the tension, in other words, I prefer laughing to crying. I think I could consider that dark humor, but since it's only about me I guess it harms no one.
    I practically never joke about others' experiences.

6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Eowyn. I spent years homeless with my reputation lower than the dogs in the street. It took me years to build my reputation up. Now because of reincarnation I belong to the tin foil hat brigade. I resent that. Besides I've untreated PTSD that is partly PL related. I self medicate with alcohol because I can't get treatment for it, as much as I've tried to. This is why its matters to me what others say. Because its holding me back and I want to move beyond my trauma. I can't though, because my experiences are too out there for other people to comprehend, so I'm stuck in a rut. People say "What have you got to be depressed about?" "PTSD is only for war veterans" "your lazy" and so on. It doesn't help me. It just leaves me dealing with my own stuff alone. This site is the only place where I can get some clarity on what's going on with me. I don't get that anywhere else in my life.

But why would we process old emotions if not to progress?

Well I wish I was Bob the Builder or something in a past life. I wish I'd never realised who I was. Affecting so many souls for so long is a heavy burden. I have to keep reminding myself that its in the past and I've done things differently in my current life. I am dismayed that I haven't really changed much, although I'm not as insouicient as I was. I don't take my burdens light heartedly anymore.

I'm glad PL knowledge has helped you with your depression, its had the opposite effect on me however. It is good to have clarity on my souls journey that's for sure. I just wish that same clarity was present in my feelings.

It is worth remembering past lives to remember those kinds of things, I just wish I hadn't learned that I'd been wrong in all of my lives. I view my lives very differently to how I initially did.

Eowyn likes this.
  7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't know any experts Deborah. I don't know anyone who can help me. That's why I'm on this site. To find that stuff out. I'm sure there's someone local to me with experience in reincarnation but, for the life of me, I can't find them.

8. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

I used to hear those words before I started to remember. People thought I had no reason to be depressed, that I had everything I wanted and I should be happy. I also found out some fo my symptoms could well be related to war traumas and PTSD. I lived the occupation of Prague by the Nazis and was sent along with my German boyfriend to France, as a nurse, and there I lived bombings, I lived fear, I lived the death of my boyfriend, a German officer abused me, I committed suicide. So, did I have reasons to be depressed or not? You ARE a war veteran. The problem is people are not aware we live only one life that doesn't end every time we die and change body. They just can't judge you. Even if they knew all you went through, they just wouldn't understand. They wouldn't even if you had been a war veteran in this life. That's the reason most war veterans just remain quiet, what they know is too horrible for others to digest.

Even now, when depression comes back and I don't feel like doing anything, going out, and I just want to stay at home brooding over my memories and reliving some emotions, I am told I am lazy. I also feel so, so alone, Jim. But we have a path to tread, one that remains hidden for most people. Just walk on, what do you have to lose? Can it get any darker? You will see the light again, you're strong enough, come on, you're a war veteran!

My past life knowledge has helped me with my depression, but it wasn't over night, it wasn't even a matter of months, but of years. The same old feelings of guilt, regret, sadness... come and go constantly, sometimes a long time after you thought you were quite over it, but that's how it works, I guess, it's a long and painful process, I know. I also know what it is to find out you did "evil things". I was hanged twice. One of them because I poisoned my husband(s), one that mistreated me so much I wished my own death. Recalling you were a victim is hard, but not as hard as recalling you killed people. You have to change your mindset, stop blaming yourself. I can't say you must forgive yourself, that sounded to me so ridiculous in the past, but I learned that sometimes we are just too hard on ourselves. I was as hard with myself as I was with other people, I was unable to see all I did as an Irish man who rebelled against his feudal lords was to protect my family, but I could only see the harm I did killing innocent people that got in my way. You have to dig deeper in your soul to find the reasons why you did what you did, understand why it was wrong, and try to move one. And yes, I say only "try" because I know it's difficult to move on. But you see, we all come out alive again, we all are granted infinite chances to make it better this time. Try to see the light in all this darkness, I'm sure you'll do it in the end.

SeaAndSky and fireflydancing like this.
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Well I have a home, a bit of work and a daughter so my life seems fairly stable and organised on a superficial level Eowyn. In all my lives, including my current one, I generally took conflict in my stride. It wasn't until my perspective was changed a couple of years ago that I felt real trauma and even before that I was struggling with who I'd been in my past lives. I mean, I'm just Jim right? I couldn't possibly have influenced so many souls. Remembering past lives felt almost too big for me to handle and then, after my perspective had changed, remembering the things I've done in conflict became hellish for me. They all felt like necessary evils at the time. It feels now like all my guilt has caught up with me.

Your right, I am a war veteran. Psychologically it doesn't feel any different no matter how long ago those conflicts were or the fact that I was wearing a different body to my current one for the majority of it. Even to have a pint with someone who was there eludes me. The last veteran of my last full war died a decade ago. Talk therapy worked to help sort my life out in my early twenties, I assumed it would help me deal with my PL memories. No such luck, as far as everyone's concerned its imaginary so it doesn't count.

I do remain quiet about my battlefield memories. I've touched upon then on this site but I haven't gone into graphic detail and those who are or were military in a life don't really need to hear me talk about it. They know what the craic is. That doesn't change the fact that I've no one to unburden some stuff with. At least if I'd been a war veteran in my current life people would know I'd actually been there. No such luck with reincarnation.

Your right, there's always light where there is darkness. Sometimes I wish a forum member could point out positive qualities of my PLs because I can't see any.

The only light I can see nowadays is that I've learned a different morality to the one I knew previously. Something seemingly more in line with what God wants from me.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  10. Spirit Sword

Well, Jim. I don't know quite enough about your past lives to speak directly to what the positives of them are, but we seem to be in a similar boat, so I'll tell you what I've discovered: I was a talented killer, to be certain, but I was a good leader, I was an inspired tactician, I had to put on a good face even when I knew things weren't going to turn out well. These show me that I was strong and that I am strong. And while my world view and occupation have shifted, that strength will always be there for me to pull from. Now I know that I have the potential to impact people on a large scale since I have already done it. But now that I've changed, I can do it in a different and more positive way if I so choose. Or I can use that strength to help me pull through a day of "just being Jim" as you say.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Spirit Sword. Thanks for the reply. Like you I was a good leader and an inspired tactician and I have used those abilities in a less intrusive and more peaceable way in my current life, yet I still worry that negativity will continue to follow my ideas. Like you I have also had to put on a good face when I knew things wouldn't turn out for the best. But does any of this mean that I have the ability to be a good person? I know how to inspire people to violence, can I really now inspire people to peace? Do I have it in me? Am I as strong in peace as I am in conflict? These are questions that I don't have an answer to yet. I'm in unknown terrain. Can I be more than I am? I really don't know.

12. Spirit Sword

These are questions that I grapple with all the time, and I don't really know if I have an answer. But like a sword can be used to attack a soldier or to defend an innocent, these skills can be used in peacetime as well as wartime. It is up to the wielder to decide how to use them. My theory is that if I continue to be mindful of my actions, to take steps to keep my focus on non-conflict solutions, I might be able to finish the transition from soldier to civilian. I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish that transition in this lifetime, but the best I can do is try to work towards it.

While it is important to know where you came from, it is vital that you not let this get in the way of the present. If you look back on your old choices and feel shame, then use it not as a reason to beat yourself up, but a tool to remind you of what you don't want to be anymore. The great part about remembering past lives is that you don't have to make the same mistakes again in this lifetime in order to learn from them. The memories can be painful, and it can be very hard not to let yourself get sucked in. My trick is how I deal with phrasing. If I start to think about things I did or people I was in the past, I often catch myself saying "I am X, or I am Y kind of person." Then I force myself to stop and say it differently, "I was X, or I was Y kind of person." This helps me to separate from my past, to allow me to move on, to give me hope for change.

I'm struggling with this too, Jim. Let's work through it together.

Jim78 and AlexD like this.
  13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Spirit Sword. I don't know how to use my skills in peacetime because this is the first time I've lived a life in peacetime. In all of my lives that I have verified I died while still in conflict. I never had enough peace in my lives to know how to channel my talents constructively. This is virgin territory for me.

Like you I seem to be transitioning from soldier to civilian, its just a very rough transition and I haven't got a clue how to proceed...so I'm not proceeding. I'm just stuck. Although I guess that by even talking about these issues I'm doing something positive.

Its an all consuming shame that I feel. Its involuntary. It just overtakes me. I find it very hard to separate, in particular, my immediate last life from my current one, because I was basically the same in my current life as I was in that past life right up until I was 36 years old. Luckily however I didn't make the same same mistake in my current life as in my past lives and that was before I even remembered reincarnation. Like you I want to move on and have hope for change. That's actually my immediate goal right now. I just get dismayed because I don't see how I can change my nature.

Yeah we could work on it together. It may be the blind leading the blind but who knows...we may arrive at a decent course of action.