Past-Life Regression Research

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Nina363, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Nina363

Nina363 New Member

Hello everyone!

I am currently studying past-life regression and looking for participants. I would like to talk to either therapist or individuals who experienced past-life regression and who would be willing to share their experiences with me. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

In particular, I am interested to understand how past-life regression help to understand who we are/our True self. How it helps to form identity. And in what ways the therapy is beneficial for people in general.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Many thanks in advance.

2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

In my opinion, firstly you have to define each one of the words you're using: "who" "we" "are" "True self".

"We," as in those who are alive on Earth now, aren't our past life identities, or the result of those identities.

"True self" is an ambiguous term, and in my opinion doesn't have any place in a reality model. Each incarnation is / was another true self.

Are you planning to write a book, and trying to collect material? What have you read so far from the many authors in the field? What is your own perspective on the subject? I think that when you request help / participation, you have to explain what you plan to do with the information you collect, and get the express consent to use it, if it isn't in the public domain.

Nina363 likes this.
  3. Nina363

Nina363 New Member

Hello baro-san,

Thank you for responding - very good points to consider. I am new to this topic and need to think carefully what terms I use. Probably I am a bit confused as well.

I am an undergrad student (Anthropology) and decided to explore the topic of reincarnation for one of my modules. I want to look at how ancient idea of reincarnation is used in contemporary world/ UK in particular. As far as I understand, past-life regression is a way how the idea is present nowadays. So I want to understand why people do regressions and in what way (if any) it benefits them.

While reading, I found that people do regressions to seek and heal themselves (they want to better understand themselves and/or their purpose in life). They aim to find answers/ explanations why they behave or feel certain way - e.g why they are afraid or water. Finding answers effects their current lives and understandings of themselves.

So, I would like to talk to someone who would be willing to share their journey with me; how the regression helped or did not help them to better understand themselves. This is very general idea and may be there is more to it. As I said I am very new to the topic and I would really really appreciate any comments on the matter.

In regards to the project - it is a course essay which is only 3000 words. It will not be published anywhere; the data will be used only for the essay. It is confidential, all names will be changed.

I hope it all make sense.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

If I were you I would look into the work of Ian Stevenson at Virginia University and Jim Tucker. Also read Carol Bowman's books as reincarnation is not just an Eastern belief system. More people and cultures believe than do not.
    The work of Roger Woolger also points to the reasons - HEALING and understanding current relationships. Look em up - they are well worth your time and effort. Good luck with your paper.

Sherrill likes this.
  5. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

In the Lakota belief system (and other Native American/First Nations tribes) there's a firm believe in reincarnation and that what you do in this life impacts the next
    As for myself, I already had clear memories as a kid and regression is just a tool to get my ducks in line (which memory belongs where) and learn a bit more when I want too (trigger prevention if you will, not foul proof though)