Past Life Regression Therapy for PTSD

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by Angela Yuan, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Angela Yuan

Angela Yuan New Member

Hello everyone! I discovered Past Life Regression Therapy this year and was inspired by the transformative healing abilities.
    I decided to make it the year long topic of research for my college level AP Research class. The class requires you study a question that has never been researched before; my question is “Is Past Life Regression Therapy Or Cognitive Behavior Therapy more effective in treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Patients?” My purpose in choosing this subject was to prove to students at my school the benefits of the unconventional method of therapy. My hypothesis is that Past Life Regression Therapy is more effective than the conventional method of talk therapy (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) as it treats the root of the problem, the subconscious.
    However, I am finding it extremely difficult to find sources regarding PTSD patients that have tried Past Life Regression Therapy.
    My research inquiry process is phenomenology and meta-analysis so I would need specific cases of PTSD patients in the therapy from either the patient themself or the therapist. I am analyzing the effectiveness based on the time duration of the treatment, the long-term effects, and whether the therapy cured the patient or simply taught them to cope.
    In short, I am examining different cases and reviews of Past Life Regression Therapy to find trends in the effectiveness in treating PTSD. If you suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and are willing to help please let me know; all sources will remain completely anonymous. All I would need is either a review of your case and how the therapy helped (time duration, long-term effects, cure or cope) as well as any details you may feel is necessary, or if you would prefer it I can conduct an interview. Thank you all so much! :)
    I know the criteria is very specific, so any input or ideas for potential sources would be greatly appreciated.

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

It depends on where the PTSD stems from, using past life regression to heal, let's say, my WWI, WWII or even Nam PTSD could work but for my PTSD from my current life's combat tours it would be the same as putting on a small band aid on an artery wound, it's useless

I've used self regression and successfully dealt with my WWI history but I'm still in complete denial of my WWII Airborne life (ignorance is bliss) you probably have to read my log posted here to understand that one
    In Nam I got blown up so not really interested in finding out the how and it's gory details either
    In this life probably my most traumatic experience was getting caught in a friendly fire incident, got one good guy killed and around 3 dozen of us severly wounded thanks to the USAF (realistically speaking that whole time leading up to it is all PTSD worthy and plenty of guys from that tour ended up taking their own lives in the past decade or so since)

So with civilians it could be (not neccessarily will be) easy to solve PTSD with regression but with military, especially those that have seen a couple of centuries worth of war, it's hard to pick one life, where do you start? Which lifetime do you threat first?
    Food for thought

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Angela, I'm impressed with your undertaking and seeming understanding of your project and methodology. I'm also impressed with the institution that would accept your premise as acceptable, it would be uncommon in my country. I would imagine that your access to credible subjects would be limited, as well as complicated as CanSol has pointed out. Since one of your criteria is having a regression as a therapeutic experience, your best chance of finding a pool of usable subjects would come from a friendly therapist that used both methods and would be willing to ask their clients if they would be willing to participate anonymously (but this would influence the outcome since the respondents would likely be those that had a positive experience). Maybe you could search for a therapist that is interested in doing that research already and work with them, but I imagine that your time restraints would not allow that. Perhaps my only other concern is that the results would appear to be too subjective to be taken seriously, but it certainly seems interesting.

Good luck!