Past Life Regression Therapy?

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by Antigone, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Antigone

Antigone Member

Hello there! I am very new here, and to rather new to the idea of past life regression as well. However, I am now considering this technique in observance to some issues that seem to persist in my life. Last year, I suffered from servere depression, an illness many suffer from. My depression is much better now, but comes up still from time to time. Most of the time, I do not have depression, but I think it must be completely eliminated because it is an unsafe situation when it does come up. Also, for over a year, I have regularly visted a conventional therapist. However, my problems that caused the depression have not been eliminated, and really nothing has been solved or "fixed". Oddly, ever since I was very young, or ever since I can remember, feelings of guilt and shame come up without any reason. The feelings are also not based on a certain thought. It provides a rather mysterious case, but my depression feeds off of these feelings, and as they are not solved, I am worried I might tumble into a very frightening state once more at some point. Frustrated and burdened by this intense feeling of guilt, I came to my loving mother with my confusion. She brought up the idea that it might be from a "previous experience". Apparently, she did not believe in past lives until I was born, when I told her of how I lived in a different city, and how I acted more like a woman rather than little girl even in younger years. I also have always been extremely drawn to history, and have always loved dressing in past era clothing and such. I do not have any amazingly striking experiences as many have here, but I do have dreams placed in the past, and have odd "flashback" like moments occasionally. Still, these have not been tied to my feelings in any way, so I am left searching. I think I have basically tried all past life regression videos on Youtube, and some I have tried multiple times. I have also read an interesting book by Brian Weiss concerning this matter, and I thought it was a wonderful read, but I can never go under hypnosis with the CD it came with. I will keep trying these "do it yourself" methods, but I am wondering if anyone has any helpful insights or suggestions. If you think I should use past life regression, when do you think I should finally break down to see a therapist in this field (and you guessed right, I don't enjoy doctor visits)? Has anyone else resolved completely unreasonable feelings with this therapy? If you used this therapy, was the experience good or bad? Does anyone else seem to have trouble going under hypnosis, and if you solved these issues, would you please share how? It may be a collection of questions, but I will appreciate any answers (truly).
    Thank you for reading.

Li-la likes this.
  2. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi, I'm sorry you have been going through/am in a depression. I had trouble too with you tube past life meditation regressions but then one day it worked. I have had some issues come up that I could handle but I suppose one or two would have been better if I would have been in the care of a professional. For instance I would have feelings of anxiety that I have not felt in this life after the experience of having been married to someone who did not come back the same after WW1. When I left that husband I was stuck in the emotion that past life me was going through at the time, anxiety being one of them.

So I am kinda cut in two about what to advice you to do. Some things I have been almost fine with, for example experience being shot to death in a wood long, long ago, but another time things get too close and then it is more difficult to handle on ones own. I never know from time to time.

Maybe you could have someone you trust with you in the room whilst you try to do it yourself just to feel safe and to be directed to a safe place if you are too effected by it?

Best Wishes
    Li La

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  3. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

As Li-La pointed out, it'd be good to have someone you trust around to help you. Visiting an actual therapist would probably be the best option if possible though. You do need to be mentally and emotionally prepared for what you might find as past lives aren't always pretty.

4. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I have tried hypnotherapy three times to get information about prior experiences/lives without success. The thing is that hypnosis is accumulative, the more times you try the more likely you become as Li La has found.

5. Antigone

Antigone Member

Thank you so much for your insight Li-la. I will certainly consider what you have shared. I have been reading also that the subconcious does not reveal what might be too difficult to take on, though your experience seems to suggest that this might not always be the case( though I am not sure). Still though, if I may ask, do you feel that the more painful memories that caused some difficulties immediately after diy regression helped with issues you might have been having? In the Weiss book I read, he talks about how someone will remember a memory and because of this all their issues are somewhat miraculously solved. If this is typically the case, I am certainly willing to go through a few painful days for a solution with diy regression (though I try again and again without results). Again, I really appreciate your answer.

6. Antigone

Antigone Member

Thank you Ken and Klaud as well. I really do appreciate your feedback. Your opinions really are helpful to someone who really knows nothing about this, and certainly make me contemplate the importance of professional therapy and dedication when it comes to past life regression. I will continue to consider my options and what might be safest with your advice and the other materials I have. Again, I really appreciate it.