Past Life Regression

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by CatM, Sep 14, 2020.

1. CatM

CatM New Member

Today I did a PLR (YouTube) of 40min, I felt the body become paralyzed as if swollen, then in a moment I saw some white lights and felt I was going to see something, but then it stopped and didn't see anything! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    TruroNE likes this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I didn't have exactly that, but it did take several attempts, over a long period of time, before I got anything from regression. It takes patience.

Having said that, I didn't need regression for past-life information, it was more a case of trying out the process. It seemed for me to have a lot in common with the process of attempting an out-of-body experience. Both require deep relaxation and the body may be not exactly paralysed, more a state of disconnect, losing awareness of the body.

3. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Senior Member

I've been doing deep meditation for a long time but I never reached a point like that. How I wish I could experience that thing.

4. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I mentioned out-of-body experience. That is something which I doubted was even possible, there was a time, years ago now, where I would try to reach that state as I lay in bed at night. Of course what happened was that I fell asleep! Nevertheless, it was as a result of regularly, over a period of perhaps a year, trying to reach the state where I might leave my body, that it did eventually happen, though it took me by surprise, it may even have occurred when I wasn't particularly trying. There's a contradiction there of course. The intention to do a particular thing is needed. But at the same time, the act of 'trying' is itself a cause of stress, pressure, while what is perhaps needed is to let the mind wander, quite literally, by relaxing.

I think some of this applies to past-life recall too, the 'letting go', not trying, may be a factor.

There's something else which comes to mind. I was reading or listening recently to someone (was it Sandra Champlain of "We don't Die Radio"?) describing going on a training course to practice becoming a medium. On her first attempt, she knew she was not a medium, so she just made up some sort of impressions, just to be able to say something. The things she said, without expecting anything, turned out to be very accurate and made a deep impression on the person she was partnered with during the session.

5. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

That happened to me also. Then again, I've got quite a few distractions... I got to a point where I saw a white light and was standing in tall grass on a high cliff overlooking the sea. I could smell the ocean air and feel the wind blowing. I find that I get more memories at night with dreams, I always have. I keep a journal next to my bed and sometimes find that I've written in it during the night. Names, dates, places, memories. Some are helpful, some... not so much. If I ever find physical things that relate to my past life in some sort of way, that also helps me remember things.

Maybe the first try is just that. Keep going, maybe you've got to train your body to relax. I know I do! I never stop moving or thinking about things... GAH!