Past life soldier personality traits

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Kenz1010, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

I’m wondering if people who have PL memories as a soldier, have similar personality traits to eachother in this life.

There’s traits that I’m noticing about myself that are quite prominent, that I haven’t found present in my family members. These traits also seem to come out of nowhere, like they just take over my body in the moment.
    One of them being that I’m insanely over protective of my family members and close friends, to the point where it’s actually concerning (like almost got into fights). And I don’t get along with most of my family members but I still find myself being very very overprotective of them. And the weird thing is I always want peace, but then I find myself thinking the complete opposite. I don’t know if that makes much sense.
    Another thing is I can’t stand disloyal people, but I find many others and also family members of mine can tolerate people like that. I don’t know why it bothers me so much. These things just seem to be things I was born with, and not the personality of any of my family members and friends.

Let me know if any of you guys know of any traits that have passed over from a past lifetime as a soldier

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Traits carry over from life to life, you don't have to have been a Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine (yes we're protective of our branch)

I am in general the same person that I was over 3 to 4 centuries ago, I'm a Warrior Soul so war hs what I'm good at but the me, my personality, hasn't changed much

Stacy Swan and Ritter like this.
  3. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I recognize what you speak of. But a lot of your perceived problems with it is modern cognitive dissonance. The correct way to have peace is to kill or disable the opposition, who likely has other interests than you and yours, at the cost of your interests. As long as that is the case, there cannot be peace. One side must be removed from the equation. At times, diplomacy fails, and permanent solutions are tried. There also is no diplomacy with an opposin side unless there is a credible threat of force. The main reason war continues is that there are many groups inhabiting earth, and they at times have wildly clashing agendas as well as a desire for one another's land and resources. It is bound to continue either until divine intervention or until there is only one group with largely similar interests left. Which current or future group that will be remains to be seen.

A protective instinct to the benefit of one's family and ingroup, is historically a very normal and desirable thing. Only in the last few decades have westerners (nobody else) been thus mentally disarmed and weakened. Your instincts are good. Don't doubt them. When push comes to shove, maybe you will do more than "almost getting into fights". In my opinion, a life spent fighting for and protecting your own is a great way to live, and an honorable way to die.

4. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

That would make sense. I thought that maybe people who remember a past life/ lives as someone in the military, might carry some of the same traits as one another. Would be interesting to see, but obviously lots of people can relate to eachother with certain traits even if they weren’t similar to one another in a PL.

5. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Ritter. Ideally I want peace, but I know that’s not the reality of the world we live in. Maybe some time in the future people will keep a peaceful stance in all areas of life.

Ritter likes this.
  6. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Well... I'll share a few of my 'traits'. Ever since I was little, I found myself ordering people around. One of my earliest memories is of being in nursery school and going around and telling all the little children to hurry and tidy up (as it was tidy up time). I still very much like to be in charge now in most situations. If people tell me what to do, they have to do it in a certain way or it will infuriate me to the point I will do the opposite of what they tell me (especially if they tell me to do it in a condescending way). And God forbid if someone tells me I can't do something -- I'll go out of my way to prove them wrong. From my research I've noticed a past life trend of being an officer in the Armed forces. Sometimes wasn't always happy with that situation, and probably didn't make the best moves career wise. Did pretty much what I wanted in my last life which resulted in past me getting shot down in Vietnam. There's a strong gypsy element in me, which survives to this day. Always preferred to work for myself and answer to no one if I can help it. But will work with people as long as there's mutual respect and open communication on all sides.

As for the protectiveness you stated, I understand that. I'm the younger sibling but always felt protective of my older sister (to the point that she doesn't understand why I didn't approve of her boyfriend -- now husband). Also feel the same way for my kids. Am probably overly protective of them.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi kenz. Many many traits have carried over for me, from the small such as my taste for military style long coats to bigger stuff like using similar tactics in successive lives.

Is risking taking a bullet for the woman you love being protective?

I always took the lead in wargames as a child, in gang fights as a teen and with sociopaths and authority as an adult. I wasn't military in my current life because I had no fight to fight...at least not until I had dealings with a high functioning narcisisstic sociopath.

Really how are warrior souls similar? How do they differ?

Kenz1010 likes this.
  8. landsend

Think that warriors often have a strong sense of honor, duty, justice and the need to protect. That seems to be the overall traits. I'll put myself in the category of 'wounded warrior' as that seems to be the general gist of my life thus far.

BenjaminFR and Kenz1010 like this.
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

In that case I'm a lost warrior landsend because now I know fighting is wrong but I don't know how to do anything else.

10. landsend

It depends on how you define fighting. Fighting doesn't have to mean bloodshed.

SeekerOfKnowledge and KenJ like this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yeah but its hard to break a habit of lifetimes.

12. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

When I was younger I absolutely HATED when someone told me what to do (although, I wasn’t an officer or a position similar to that in the military). When my mom would leave, my grandma would come and take care of me and my sister. My mom said she’d get a bunch of calls from her mom while she was taking care of us. And my grandma would tell her that I won’t do what she’s telling me and that I’d get angry if she did, oops. I still don’t like it now, but I’m not as vocal about it, it’s just something that kind of bothers me.
    Same as you, I’m also very very overprotective of my sister (even though she’s rude to me 24/7) and she’s a couple years older than me.

There and back again likes this.
  13. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

Yes I would most definitely take a bullet (at least I think I would, although, I haven’t been in a situation that intense), I would do anything to protect my family and close friends. I think my sister’s surprised at how protective I am, even with the way she treats me. There’s been many instances where I’m even surprised at what I did or almost did. It’s just something that I do in the moment, like something just comes over me.

And I can say for sure that majority of my family members most likely wouldn’t do the same for me.

I think it’s interesting seeing the similarities between certain soul ‘types’.

14. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

The wounded warrior. Hah. I have a pretty funny memory from when I was four or five at kindergarten. Slightly OT, but I came to think of it. Me and another chap "played triage". We were in this toy hut basically playing wounded soldiers in a triage stagion and talking about the battle raging outside and our families back home and so on. Well, mostly me. Must have been something from the incessant bombings and air raids on the west front. I remember that it felt very real. Didn't analyze that moment until I had done my regressions, as an adult. It is pretty clear what it was, in hindsight. In hindsight, it is also a bit of a mystery how I would otherwisw have known about strafing runs, tanks, burning buildings and that level of general mayhem that I remember seeing inside my head as I told the other boy this story. Anecdotal, but another thing that at least proves to myself that this is all real.

BenjaminFR and landsend like this.
  15. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Going with that weird thing as a kid theme
    My father never understood why I was on my knees by my bed, having made a circle around me that I said was a foxhole dragging large stuffed animals from my bed like you do with a wounded Soldier and started applying bandages, placing tourniquets and administering morphine (not surprisingly this scenario was mostly during new years with the heavy fireworks outside)

Nobody ever really complained about it and let me do my thing because what I was 'playing' was basic combat medicine and saved real lives with that knowledge by the time I was 6 (first multi vehicle accident I witnessed I started administrating basic medicine, paramedics had to take me to the hospital because doctors wouldn't believe a 6 year old could bandage, create a splint and fix a tourniquet with the entire proper procedures)
    So everyone left me alone to do my thing no matter how odd it looked to them

landsend, Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  16. landsend

CanSol that story is just amazing really. Proof of reincarnation right there.

Speaking of fireworks my 2 yr old daughter keeps telling me almost daily how much fireworks make her scared and cry. I’ve tried asking her to talk to me about it but she’s not able to articulate for me. She will sometimes wake up crying and then talk about the fireworks. Have no idea what to do about it really.

17. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Perhaps she doesn't know how to explain it or shuts down about it (AKA avoiding the issue) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a PL thing

Kenz1010 likes this.
  18. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

This thread is very interesting, I also have a strong sense of justice (and hatred for injustice), along with, how to say, a clear sense of right and wrong. I also have always felt an inner need to protect those I deemed to be the most vulnerable.. which can be very tough in my daily life in China now because it is a highly unequal society.

Regarding the behaviours I had as a child, aside from being attracted to everything military-related (I built my own swords, armors in carboard all the time, or carved my own guns from balsa wood), I also organized very complex wargames with my little friends.

I would place my friends in battle formations, have them fight each other while getting angry when they broke the ranks ("HOLD THE LINE" I yelled at them:D) and kept a collection of sheets of paper where I would detail in very clear diagrams the battle formations I "recreated" for my friends. Funny times.

When I was 13, I had an exchange pen-friend from Hamburg in Germany, and when I visited him I organized a complex wargame, that came with shoulder ranks I made that were to be worn by the other players. Most of them included a german flag and insignas, and when we played in the streets we got into huge trouble because, apparently, it was a huge taboo to have kids play with military ranks, especially with the german flag as a support.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  19. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

That is pretty much me right there and have always been which kept me in trouble for years in school, I certainly wouldn't be viable in the forces today because of it though I wouldn't be immediate and obvious but in little ways I always rebel until it snowballs. Narc managers in 9 to 5 plantations don't take too long before realizing that I got a mind of my own that despite the kindness and grace there is potential for me to be a viper. I loathe it when people are not down to earth with me in a kind and equal way where they come off as either just being a snob or someone who only wants control.

Carloloner and Kenz1010 like this.
  20. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Member

Weird question, has anyone had a horrible reaction to murders? Like cases shown on TV shows or the news? I'm sure no one responds to murders well, but I feel that I'm a little "over the top" with it. It absolutely infuriates me, I feel like I really want to help bring to the surface whoever is responsible. I'll investigate case's, come up with some of my own theories and so on.

It's funny to me because the 2 job occupations I'm trying to decide between, is either becoming a travel journalist or a homicide investigator (maybe I'll figure out how to pursue them both somehow). They're just a "tad" different from one another :D

BenjaminFR likes this.