Past lives from opposing forces in WWII

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by WWIIlives, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Sorry for this being so long, but two people’s past lives to put together takes up a lot of space apparently. So that is all I can recall at this time. I have no idea what to do with all this knowledge. It is comforting at some level to know that I am not the only one who has gone through past life memories and neither is my child, but could someone explain how people who lived seemingly opposing lives previously have been brought together like this?

So it seems my oldest son and I may have been on opposite sides during WWII. When I was a child I was obsessed with WWII. It started when I was almost 2 ½ according to my mother. I would wake up screaming “Run Run” and would give her a detailed description of my “nightmare” that included descriptions such as the guards with their guns in the guard tower, sneaking out of the barracks, and escaping by crawling under the barbed wire trying to run for the woods with someone else, a girl. She said she never got my age, but thought from the things I told her that I was maybe 12 or 13 and assumed I was a girl. She never discussed these dreams with me (and I don’t remember them) until a couple of weeks ago when I brought up the topic of reincarnation, which until this point was not something I would have ever discussed with anyone in my very Christian family who would NOT have accepted even the possibility. So I was surprised when my mother said “oh you that’s like you when you were a child” and then proceeded to tell me about the dreams. I asked her if those were the words I used and she said yes and told me how it made her think I was a concentration camp prisoner reincarnated, but she never wanted to think I didn’t make it to the woods or that I died and I never indicated if I died or not according to her; however, here are some odd facts about me in this lifetime.

I have always been interested in WWII, specifically in stories of survival, escape, or hiding and more specifically of the children. As a child I use to play a game I called “orphanage” (yet another word I had no way of knowing at that age, maybe 5 or so) where I would get with my friends and we would hide and run and hide and run trying to not be found by the bad guys. I use to pretend that my (very large) collection of stuffed animals were my adopted orphanage children and I would hide them around the house, always in two’s so they wouldn’t be alone, to keep them safe from any bad guys. I remember always wishing that I had brown eyes “like I use too” (I should say that in this life I am, as my mother always stated, the perfect picture of what the Nazi’s wanted, tall fair skin, blue eyes blonde hair and athletic) and preferring boy things and boy toys (I think my mom was wrong when she said she thought I was a girl, I don’t know that I agree) although this was always written off due to the fact that I have an older brother. I have always loved big band and swing and love the 30/40’s clothing, but more specifically the hats the boys wore and the cargo wool pants and cable knit sweaters of the era that the children were known to wear. Also as a child I was terrified of dogs. They were great and I wanted to be around them if I saw them, but as soon as they were physically able to be near me I would freeze and shake in fear and scream. I was also terrified of the woods to the point where if I had to be in the woods I would hyperventilate and freeze. I couldn’t (until recently) even walk in a park that had a lot of trees.

When I was almost 8 my mom bought the diary of Anne Frank in hopes it would help me, we read a little bit every night and every night after she left my room I would pray with tears streaming down my face and apologize repeating over and over “I didn’t know, I’m sorry, I should have tried harder”. I would cry myself to sleep for months after that. It was also around this time that my need to count and/or list off all my family and friends and their family whenever I was doing something. For example, if I was walking into school I would list off everyone I could as quickly as I could with the idea that I was making my list of people to save, once I reached the classroom or once someone talked to me I would stop and that would be all the people I could save (if I was counting it would be I could save whatever number I ended on). This continued until about 2 years ago. It was an overwhelming urge, although if interrupted it didn’t cause any alarm or disturbance. I would just start over again at the next opportunity.

Another thing that happened up until about 2 years ago was that I could read and understand German fluently; however, I have never in my life taken German, been to Germany, or had exposure to German in any form outside of the random foreign film which I never needed the subtitles for. In college I took French and was oddly able to read and understand the language fluently and was able to always respond appropriately but never in French always in English or Spanish (I had taken 7 years of Spanish through high school and college). I always assumed this was because of the similarity between Spanish and French, but in actuality I don’t think they are that closely related. The first time this happened I was in Spanish class in high school and my Spanish teacher was extremely excited about the new German class she was taking (we only had Spanish and Latin as options for foreign languages at my high school). She wrote a sentence on the board and before she could translate it for us, I translated it out loud without even thinking. The teacher was shocked and said I was right, but I got in trouble for speaking without raising my hand so my spontaneous translations of her excited German sentences she would always write on the board despite being in Spanish class, stopped. With French I remember being in class the first day and the teacher coming in and speaking French to everyone. Some people understood since they took it in high school some looked stunned, no one spoke but I answered him and so “no I haven’t taken French before, but I’m still excited about it.” He had said “if you have taken French before, you are probably excited to be here, if not maybe you are not so excited”. He laughed and said “well then you wouldn’t have understood me now would you”. He seemed to be annoyed with me from that point forward as I would always answer questions correctly but in English or Spanish and fortunately for me he also taught Spanish and Italian so he knew I was correct in my answers.

I have always had a soft spot for children, and am actually a professional counselor for children. The overwhelming need to be prepared for an emergency is unrealistic in the sense that I have never, in this life, lived through an event that would thus put me in the mindset to ensure I had things for myself and my family if we had no access to anything. Emergency plans of where to meet up and who is in charge of who and what are also something I am and have always been very concerned with. I have always liked and felt comfortable hiding or being in small places, but only if I choose to go there (whenever my older brother would lock me in the closet or put blankets over me I would have a full on panic attack to the point of trying to scream but nothing coming out cause I couldn’t breathe and was totally frozen in fear and panic) and be there and as a child my mom was constantly having to figure out where I was hiding as I would do this almost daily and would stay there for hours as I always took things with me to ensure I wouldn’t have to leave my spot. I have always had a strong desire to visit Germany and any holocaust or WWII related memorial or historic place, yet at every given opportunity I do not take it. I even lived in London (which I knew like the back of my hand despite never being their prior to this visit) and did not go with my sociology class to the War tombs which is all about WWII and Churchill. I said I didn’t feel well and instead stayed at my dorm at the boarding school and found old school newspapers from WWII era and read what they had to say about the war at the time.

2. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

My son's story

Once I became pregnant with my oldest child (he is now almost 6), my obsession to read and watch anything relating to the holocaust abruptly stopped. I had moved during that time and never unpacked my books or movies and even stopped listening to swing music. I had my wonderful son, and life went on without much thought about WWII as my reading interest were more geared toward parenting and development. One day when he was barely 2 on our way to school he said “mommy I don’t want to go to Germany’. I asked him why he would have to go to Germany and he said “for school, I don’t like Germany and I don’t want to go” I asked why he would have to go to school there and he said “to learn and to work on trucks”. He had an intense fascination with trucks, which I assumed was a typical boy thing, but maybe not after hearing this. He mentioned his dislike of Germany and not wanting to go to school there almost daily for months and always in the car on the way to school. It should be noted that my child was not much of a talker, so for him to say all of this was huge not to mention that the content was impossible for him to even know. I finally asked his dad if he had mentioned Germany to him and he said no he thought I had. I asked my Grandparents who watched him for us at times if they had mentioned it and they said no and thought we had. Apparently he had been talking about Germany to everyone not just me. Seems it was always the same thing about how he didn’t want to go there because he didn’t like it, but he had to go for school.

When he was 3 he began to become fascinated with airplanes, which was not really unusual considering his dad having an intense fascination with commercial airliners and having a die cast model airplane collection of commercial airliners. So his dad was on the website he orders planes from and had said he would let our son pick out a plane. There happened to be a WWII plane, he picked that and has never wanted another type of plane since. WWI planes are acceptable at times, but nothing else.

He now has a HUGE collection and can tell you all about the planes, more specifically the German and Japanese planes. He knows things about the planes that no one has told him about. Once he started playing with these planes he always wanted to be the Germans and would insist that they win despite knowing that they were the “bad guys” and lost. He would have melt downs saying “No No no no no, the GERMANS WIN!! They do not LOSE!!” I tried to just let him play how he wanted, but it was (and is) extremely hard to listen to him say that the Germans are the best and they win. Just in the last week or two I have started to tell him more about WWII, seeing as the holocaust aspect of the war is definitely not age appropriate to discuss. I asked him if he knew why the Germans were the bad guys in this war and he said no. I told him that they killed millions of people (killing is a concept he just recently grasped as we are pretty strict about what he is exposed too and have only relented to the war aspect because of his intense interest in the planes). He said “well mommy it’s war, people are going to die that’s what happens. Sometimes soldiers and pilots, they die when they fight for their country”. I said that no the Germans killed babies like your brother (he’s 1) and children like you and mommy’s like me. His face turned snow white and his eye’s teared up and he started talking fast and saying loudly “why didn’t anyone kill Hitler!? Why did they let him do that!? It is a leader’s job to protect the people of their country, how could he kill people who weren’t fighting? How could he let them kill you and brother!” I ended the conversation at that point because he was getting so upset, saying that’s what happens in war time sometimes and why the Germans were bad in that war, but that was a long time ago. He said well let’s pretend that didn’t happen and that Germany was good, but if you want we can be the French instead.”

My child is very sensitive and can easily be pushed around. He is not very outspoken about what he thinks or what he wants and is fairly shy and quiet. He is a leader when he is with those that he knows, but a people pleaser so it has taken some work to get him to feel safe sharing how he feels or what he thinks if he knows it is opposite of what someone else thinks. Specifically if it is opposite of what those in authority positions think or want. He is very perceptive, but once he knows it is safe to say what he truly thinks and feels he will let you know. He enjoys playing pretend and has begun talking about hiding in “bonkers” with wires and barrels all around and he is beginning to have an interest in tanks and battleships, although this is minimal in comparison to the planes. He prefers listening to classical music, specifically German composures. He would wear a button down shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes every day if we let him and he is obsessed with wearing hats, specifically newsboy hats or the military hats that are popular unless he is in a suite or with a tie on then he has to have one of his many fedora’s.

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I will read all of these later when I have more time. We love long stories here, the more details the easier it is to research. Just some quick comments for now. 1) You may have known your son in more than one past life. 2) Most of the people you know now (including relatives, friends, classmates, etc.) you have known in other lifetimes. 3) Be sure to keep a journal and write everything down, no matter how crazy it seems. Otherwise you will forget and your child will not remember. If you have not already done so, you need to read Carol's books "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". Also "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leninger. Carol was the one who advised them when their son was having nightmares.

4. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Thank you!

I actually received Carol's book as a gift when I was pregnant with my first son. I read it through totally fascinated, thought hmmm I should watch for that and maybe I was somehow involved with WWII. Then life happened I put the book away (and I think it is in storage somewhere now) and didn't really think about it much again until my son started talking about Germany, and then more recently with his current fascination.

Glad it's not too much to write. I have been thinking of all the things I forgot or random other things from both my childhood and my little guy. Now I'm curious as to what my youngest my start revealing as he grows!! His personality is definitely opposite than my oldest, he is opinionated and a little tornado while my oldest was (and is) slow to voice his opinion and a rule follower even if he doesn't like the rule.

A journal is a great idea. Thank you! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on it all.

5. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Your story is fascinating. Do you have any idea if your son died during the war, or lived out a normal life span afterward? In the 1980's, I met an older man in California who had been forced to fight for Germany. He was taken prisoner, and spent the rest of the war, traveling back and forth over the Atlantic, working on American ships, if I remember the story correctly. He and his wife may have been the kindest people I've ever met. Most of our ideas about rank-and-file German soldiers may be wrong. I find it interesting, that when you became pregnant with your son, you lost interest in studying the Holocaust. Do you think your son's incoming spirit had some effect over your behavior? On a much more trivial level, my three children apparently influenced what I could eat, while pregnant. The vegetarian wouldn't let me eat meat, the meat-lover wouldn't allow any vegetables, ect. I read your posts twice. Please keep us informed.

6. argonne1918

Most people don't realize that most Germans in the military had no choice, they were drafted. German civilians were forced to join the Nazi Party if they wanted a decent job, housing, etc. Most Germans themselves were not that hateful of Jews. It was the Austrians who were the real anti-semites. Hitler was Austrian, as were many of the top Nazis. Austria had been the seat of the old "Holy Roman Empire" after the Romans were defeated. After World War II the Russian Red Army occupied all of eastern Europe plus Austria and the east half of Germany. The only way the US and the allies could get the Russians to pull out of Austria was to guarantee that Austria would be neutral. So the Germans took all of the blame for the holocaust and the Austrians got off the hook. Vienna turned out to be the perfect place to spy on the Russians during the Cold War. Politics makes strange "bedfellows".

7. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Thank you both for your reply. I have not discovered if he died during the war or not as of yet. Tonight though while going to bed he said "a long time ago, everyone looked different than they do now". When I asked how they looked different all he could say is that "well some people in my family were shorter and some were taller than they are now". I tried to get more of an explanation about who or when he was talking about, but he then decided to talk about a dog and how he didn't know where his old house was anymore. All of these things are out of place with who we are and our current lives, and he was asleep within minutes of this coversation so I am thinking he was discussing his past life.

Definitely writing it down.

8. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Oh also to answer the other question about my abrupt disinterest in WWII when pregnant. I do think it had something to do with the pregnancy and his little soul. I know once he was born I had this odd melody come to my head with only a few words to it. I would sing it to him late at night when I woke up for feedings and tears would flow. I am not sure where the song came from, no one in my family had ever heard it, and I would get dreams of hiding a baby in a hay stack after feeding the baby and I was always crying and singing this song in my dream. I am not sure the dream relates to the WWII past life, but maybe another one where we were connected.

Anyways the WWII interest began to come back once he started talking about not wanting to go to Germany, it stuck around for another 2 years or so, but has since been pretty minimal and tends to be more of a passing interest in regards to figuring out past life possibilities rather than the overwhelming interest it had been.

9. argonne1918

Well this pretty much confirms he is back with you and some other family members. Read Carol's books, especially "Return From Heaven", if you haven't already. And yes, bedtime is usually when they talk about past life memories. When they are half-asleep it's easier for the memories to come to the surface. The haystack thing sounds like you were on the run and hiding from someone. Could be holocaust or something else. You'll be getting more clues as time goes on.

10. BriarRose

Dear WWII lives, Just for the sake of clarity, do you think you were both German, or maybe German Jews? The little song you hummed is very interesting. That might tell you something about nationality. Towards the end of the war, the German people themselves suffered a great deal. That you were hiding your baby in a haystack, could mean eithor connection, as Argonne said. I often dream I'm hiding in the hills above town with my children, but don't know why, or which country I am living in. Your son seems to have strong memories, but is not emotionally upset by them. What an interesting little guy, he must be!

11. argonne1918

By the end of the War the Germans were terrified of the Russians. The Russians had been greatly mistreated by the Germans and were out for revenge. There were not many buildings left standing in Berlin by the time they surrendered.

12. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Briar Rose,

I think the song I hummed was from some other place and time, the dream associated with it I had clothing from the 1800's or so....so something different, yet could explain the connection with my little man outside of the German aspect. As for if we were both German or German Jew's I couldn't say, from what he has said and his fascination I feel he was more than likely on the Axis side of things while I was not so much and from my childhood nightmare was apparently in a concentration camp, but that does not automatically put me in the category of Jew or German although the latter is more likely given my propensity towards German for so many years despite my lack of exposure to the language.

Argonne,

I agree that we are back together again after time apart, possibly a long time apart. I am pretty confident the haystack thing was from a completely different time frame. It is interesting the path the soul takes, just wish I could understand more why our souls would take such vastly different paths and then reunite decades later as mother and child. Maybe there are some things we are just not meant to know or understand.

13. BriarRose

I've been doing some research in reference to one of my own PLs, so I know that German Jews primarily spoke German, not Yiddish. They suffered somewhat less anti-semitism when they emigrated to the U.S., because of that fact, and a higher educational level in general. The little song you hummed sounds very sweet. You're right. The path the soul takes, and the reasons, are very curious.It sounds like you were a German Jew, and your son, a Nazi, in your immediate PLs. I hope my conclusions are not too off-base. Is that what your heart tells you?

14. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

I don't think you are too off base...I definitely feel and have always felt a pull towards the German Jews of WWII and the Jewish people in general, and with my dream as a toddler about escaping a concentration camp it is highly likely. As for my son, I think he was not necessarily a Nazi in the sense of heartless killer or in agreement with what Germany was attempting to do, I would not be surprised if he had been pushed into military service. His statements when he was 2 stating he didn't like Germany but had to go to school there, but didn't like it and didn't want to go makes me think maybe he was from a country overtaken and forced into school (hitler youth maybe) and then military service possibly airforce with his intense fascination with the German planes from that era.

15. BriarRose

That sounds exactly right, for some reason.

16. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Wow - thank you for sharing your story! I'm sure many members will enjoy reading it. :)

17. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Thank you lady 2. It is always nice to hear people's thoughts on it and to get it all out there and not have someone say "thats ridiculous" or call it blasphemous.

18. argonne1918

That's very possible. A lot of countries were overrun. Holland, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Hungary, Austria, etc. Also, many or most of the SS officers were graduates of the Hitler Youth. They were indoctrinated from an early age. BTW, the Hitler Youth camps were Naturist/Nudist camps taken over by the Nazi's after the Nudist movement was outlawed by Hitler.

19. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Hi WWIIlives,

I think this statement you made as a child is key to why you and your son are together now:

Do you do meditations?

20. WWIIlives

WWIIlives Registered

Thats an interesting thought Deborah. I was thinking that statement was more in regards to trying to get more people to sneak out with me or not hiding well enough with others, but now thinking about it in that context is interesting and perplexing, so I will have to think about that.

I don't actually do meditation. I spend a lot of time in prayer which many equate to meditation, but I think there is more thought involved there than meditation which from my understanding is about clearing the mind.