"personality" of souls from life to life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by michaldembinski, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Casiopea,

Welcome! :D You pose a very good question. Personally I believe that our personality does indeed change from life to life, based on the lessons we need to learn, the situation we are born into and the choices we make during each lifetime. I think certain characteristics, or traits, can be carried over from life to life, though. I also believe that the soul chooses to experience many different situations for the purpose of growth and understanding, so even if we were a murderer in one lifetime, doesn't mean that we need to feel guilt or anguish over it in this lifetime...as long as we have learned from the experience.

Good luck with your first regression and keep us posted on your findings ;)

Ailish

2. Lemurian

Lemurian Senior Registered

Welcome to the forums Casiopea :) ........

Ailish nailed it right on the head with her reply. Our personality does indeed change from lifetime to lifetime but our core does remain the same. It all depends, like Ailish said, on what we need to learn, what we have created for ourselves (the experiences), and what we may need to work on......

I also must commend you for trying to deal with your "fear of driving" in such a manor. I also fear it big time (as well as being a passenger :laugh: ) though I do know the reason (In my last life I was a race car driver and died in a bad accident during a race). As of yet I still don't have my license, and I am 39 years old. So I know where you are coming from and again commend you on trying to overcome it.........

I hope your regression goes well, but you have to relax when doing it. No matter what you find out, good or bad, try to remember that its not THIS lifetime and that it's a learning experience, one to be embraced. No judgments here :) . Keep us posted and just be.........

Peace............

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Casiopea!

Ailish and Lemurian have given very good answers to your questions. I think it's great you're trying to overcome a phobia. Don't be afraid of what you might find out; we've all been "bad" in some of our lives and hopefully learned something from them. We've all also suffered and been victims. And we'll probably be bad, hurt, happy and good in this and following lives. No soul is better or worse from others.

So don't worry darling. And please let us know how you're regression went. :thumbsup:

Karoliina :)

4. elese

elese Senior Registered

Hello and Welcome! :D Interesting question. Personally, I feel that you have basic personalities and that different lives fall under one of (three or four) different personalities... so basically you stay in the same element but yet... just like in one lifetime... you change according to experiences... but your core essence doesn't change (unless you are living a life under a different personality source)... I hope this makes an ounce of sense.
    I also liked what most everyone else replied...

5. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

i always hear of ppl who knew someone in the past say a nagging mother in law. in the past life she might have been a nagging boss for example. in the one before a nagging spoiled child, etc. i see these types of patterns in past life stories. so i was wondering if u guys have PL stories of ppl you have come across from lifetime to lifetime. have these ppl's personalities been the same every time. are ppl who treat others with kindness always kind. are ppl who treat others horribly always horrible.

6. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

I would have to agree for the most part with Elese. I beleive that our personalites basically remain the same. There may be changes due to circumstances of different eras and lives that can make us act differently. But deep down I beleive we are who we are and that doesn't change.

7. Ailish

I think this is an interesting question -- what do you new members think about personality & reincarnation?

8. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I think too that personality depends on genetics, enviroment and soul. But if the personality is practically the same to the previous ones, maybe is because the soul chooses similar families and enviroments, otherwise, important changes in the personality may happen. If it`s a rutinary soul i think is less common that that soul would choose completely different situations to born again.

9. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Fantastic topic. Based on my own experience in this life, I'd imagine that even if my current personality were transferred to my next life, that before long it would begin changing slightly. I'll be 60 in December, and I'd guess that I've had 3 or 4 significant personality changes in my adult life.

I've matured, my interests and likes and dislikes have changed, slowly but noticeably. I've had periods where I've been more serious and responsible and periods where I've been the opposite. Possibly some of these changes have been caused by PL influences, but I'd think some would be due to my present live slowly unfolding.

John

10. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

I think that we have an over riding personality and that we bring with us to each life the parts of it that we want to work on with us. If you were to look at what I was like in my life as a magician vs what I am like to day about a 700yr spread there is a very large difference. But the difference from one life to the next is not always very great.

Jack

11. kathyann

kathyann New Member

I think.........

I think, since we all learn to perfect our souls, our personality can only get better and better, each time we incarnate, so thats why i believe, in the way future, many moons from now, there can only be peace in the world, wouldnt that be awesome!::D

12. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Yes, that would indeed be wonderful. But since we all have free will, I have my doubts real peace will ever dominate our world. Now if we all have strong and fully working consciences, then peace might have a chance. Maybe my cynicism comes with age.

John

13. MATT

MATT New Member

Sushi

If you think of the reincarnation process as a series of plays where we at the soul level write , produce and act the plays in order to learn about ourselves and create withour mind, then the answer is perhaps more obvious. We as personalities are the players who act the play. There is not much learning if the actor is always the same playing the identical roles .For each new play we have a new ego and certain new subconscious levels. Each actor has however available in each play the inner support and inner senses of the greater self that we access during our sleep or dream states.Here we can see our other past or parallel personalities which you saw.

Jane Roberts and Seth in their book Seth Speaks said it this way
    The ego at any given time in this life is simply the part of the inner self that surfaces in physical reality; a group of characteristics that the inner self uses to solve various problems. Even the ego as we think of it changes constantly.

In...various reincarnations only the ego and layers of personal subconscious adapt new characteristics. Other portions retain their experience, identity, and knowledge. The ego, in fact, receives much of its stability because of this retention. Were it not for experiences in other lives on the part of deeper layers of the self, the ego would find it almost impossible to relate to other individuals, and the cohesive nature of society would not exist.

14. Ailish

I agree.

I fully believe that mankind can choose to change, but this requires moving into a different consciousness -- a deeper awareness -- and into that purity of compassion, love and intelligence that originates beyond thought and time. We must remember. ;)

Have you read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot yet, John? I think you'd really enjoy it. :)

Ailish

15. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

No I haven't, but I'll add it to the top of my growing list. I'm reading both of Carol Bowman's books now, which I'm enjoying. One nice perk about being disabled, my local library will send me any book they have, and they pay postage both ways.

John

16. Simba

Simba New Member

Do our personalities change from past lives?

Hello all,
    I was just wondering what you all have found about your personalities in other past lives. Have you stayed the same basically through out? And the people you know from this life that you recognize from another life have their personalities changed?

I have found that they don't change much at all which I find surprising as we learn different lessons in each life. One instance I found myself as a man standing next to my current husband, we were buddies talking about rules and laws and I was telling him a plan I had which was against the rules. He was completely against it. I was just a trouble maker, we were laughing at eachother and who would make it further in our lives, I believe military. We were only maybe 19. Which is weird because even til today in this life he's very big by following the rules and sticking to the straight path where as I'm always making up my own rules and living a little more wild. Which is why we're perfect together - good compromise otherwise I'd likely be dead or living on the streets ;-)
    I really don't believe this was imagination, it felt too real!! Which has been the case with other PL memories including other people I know from this life and their personalities.

But I'm just really curious at what you all have found.

Simba

17. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Hi Simba,
    I think our personalities can vary from life to life. Some can share similarities and carry over traits and characteristics...especially if those lives have a stronger thread of commonality shared between them. Say, they're all afraid of water or focused on healing some wound that originated in one life, was repeated in another, etc... until this plexus is strong enough energetically to be dealt with on a more conscious level. Those lives would share more traits with each other than a life that's focused in an entirely different way or area.

So you might have a life that was focused on military ops, for example. And then four lives that were focused on music or art (or whatever). Those four will share more traits with each other than the military one. And if your present personality is into the military, or related things, you'll have more in common, characteristically, with that one life than you will with the artistic ones. Does that make sense as a possibility?

I do think that the way our minds work (i.e. the way we think things through) tends to be very similar. But that might also be true of emotions if the soul is more on the emotional track than the mental or physical. hahaha Loads of possibilities. :tongue:

Wulfie

18. Hammy

Hammy Senior Registered

I believe we under go some personality changes, however I also believe that we have a blue print for our essential being, that stays fairly constant.
    I know for a fact that in my life before last I felt very often the way I do now. I have thoughts and feelings in this life that I recall having in that one, I worry about the same kind of things and seem to have carried forward the same way of looking at life in general.
    Interesting thread.
    Hammy.

19. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Hi Hammy,

Do you think this blue print is the equivalent of one of the layers of the energetic body? If so, which level?

It makes sense to me that we would carry energetic imprints with us as we move through lives. It gives us a way of carrying important information with us and explains triggers and such for working with past/other life issues.

Wulfie

20. Hammy

Hammy Senior Registered

Hi Wulfie,
    I am really not sure what is meant by 'layers of the energetic body' means :) .
    If a beings blue print does exist, which I feel it does, and it is one of a number of layers, then I guess it must be the first, as it is part of the creation process of a being.

Regarding us carrying imprints, whatever they may be called or are, I agree. It makes sense that the essence (soul? Being?) of who each of us are, would carry information about ourselves from incarnation to incarnation, physical or otherwise, if our essence didn't carry such information then we would not be cohesive, we would be random.
    Hammy.