personality type

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Totoro, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

http://www.ipersonic.com

I know we frequently talk about soul type and other things relating to our "place" in the grand scheme of things.

The above is a free link to a scarily accurate personality analysis. Its only 3-4 questions, which makes it even more scary! But it gives you a detailed report that can perhaps provide some more insight into your soul type while also possibly helping you to weave a thread through your past lives.

2. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I got the "Harmony Seeking Idealist." It is a very good test, Totoro - simple, but quite accurate.

4. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

I'm a Good Natured Realist, and this comfirms the Type 6 wing 7 personality. I find this quite interesting. Thank you for posting this :)

5. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I got the good natured realist.

I really enjoyed taking the quiz and I'm glad you guys did too :D

6. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Dreamy Idealist, here, like Skye. :)

7. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member Staff Member

:) Harmony-seeking idealist... Couldn't have described me better!

8. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Hello, fellow "Harmony Seeker". I bet we could be friends, and never have an argument! :D

9. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now did the test, it seems I am more of a Dreamy Idealist like some others here.

10. Micjer

Micjer Registered

Engaged Idealist for me. Very accurate actually.

Thanks for the link.coffee

11. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

If the Shoe Fits...

"Harmony Seeking Idealist." All I can say is... "Yep"

12. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Looks like we got the same results :D

13. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Hit a problem on #1. Neither one of those groups of statements applies to me even to a point where I could say "Well, it mostly applies to me." I'm going back to try something, though.

Aha, I thought so. I've seen this type of thing before. Unfortunately, even looking at all the results a person could get, in order to get the type that fits me (or how I see myself, at least), I would have had to have selected false statements.

Good discussion starter, however, and can get a person thinking.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  14. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Harmony Seekin Idealist

Shiftkitty: yes I was a little similar some statements in both applied. I chose the one that was most similar.

Maybe we are just diverse personalities?LOL

15. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Briar, Lynette & Aelf, we are the same.

I have to admit to not minding an argument every now and again. Never a bad one though & not frequently.

16. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

This is an MBTI Test, but simplified. ENFP = Spontaneous Idealist. I wouldn't say it's entirely wrong, but you can't sum up a person by the typical characteristics of their type!

17. SkyeSpitfire

Well, I have definitely changed as a person - or maybe I've just 'upgraded' in some way. Not saying any one type is in any way better than another, I just mean as an individual I have upgraded in my own individual way (i.e. I have grown). Not only am I no longer an 8, (now a 4) but when I take the Myers Briggs test, I'm an INFP, not an INFJ. And the dreamy idealist is linked to the INFP.

Whatever it all means, it's still fascinating stuff!

18. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Skye, do agree with you. We are all individuals and just our own selves. In some ways I do not like these many tests as it places people in these few and various catagories when we are all separate and individual people with many special gifts and talents.

As for myself in that other test I was also a INFP and on this like you a 'Dreamy Idealist'. Now I had not made that connection but thanks for bringing this up.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

19. SkyeSpitfire

Very true, Kmat - :D These personality things don't define who were are - though they're very interesting to delve into.

Now the issue I have, mainly due to burning curiosity, is why i made this obvious dramatic shift. I know I had to build a sort of armour in order to survive, but I still essentially felt I've always been 'myself' and never faked anything. I have also discovered that it's a LOT easier being an 8 in public than a 4.

Scarily, I also feel like I'm turning into my ex-boyfriend. The one I believed was my 'soulmate'. Considering that he got the same answers that I am getting now. Not just that though, but other things about me are now reminding me of him.

And I wouldn't say I'm a person who's easily influenced by another person, especially not him, and not someone who takes on the personality traits of other people as I've always been comfortable with my own identity. Now what is all THAT about?

As a 4/dreamy idealist/INFP, despite the drawbacks I feel it holds for me compared to being an 8/INFJ etc (as an 8, I commanded respect everywhere I went and this fed a part of me that I felt was very important!) I feel that I'm closer to my 'ultimate goal' the reason I'm here on this planet. It's a feeling I can't shake.

I know I shouldn't spend too much time speculating though - I still consider myself a doer more than a thinker. I'm sure it'll all be revealed to me at the end! :D

20. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member