personality type

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Totoro, Feb 8, 2014.

1. firebird

firebird Registered User

Independent thinker.

2. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Laid-back Doer.

This test seemed different than some of the others around here (MBTI, etc.) in a way that was somehow not as helpful. I mean, you click the boxes with sentences you identify with and then at the end it just tells you exactly what you picked with some sentence structure changes and a title. Of course it goes along with my MBTI result, I havent changed personality in that time. I don't, I dont feel like I gained any knowledge with this one.

3. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

It really is just a re-confirmation of what I already know.

Dreamy Idealist / INFP ... yup

What is more interesting is tracking how I answer questions differently now than I used to. There's a growing confidence aspect that used to be completely foreign to me. I wonder if I'll change enough to achieve an alternate result one day?

I found these personality-type overlays very useful/insightful when I was trying to understand that it is okay to be different than others, and how their differences are beneficial to them. It was part of the process of accepting who I am and who others are.

Now these tests seem less vital, though they could function as an indicator for clearer communication. Not as though I bother to change my approach ... oh, well.

A would be interesting to test on one of these, but how?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  4. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

That test is so flawed .

You can't answer one question?

It might as well say I am Batman.:rolleyes:

Or witch with a chip on her shoulder.

Dreamy idealist sound like more Peter Pan

good grief. I can't fly.

5. seagreen

seagreen New Member

I got Analytical Thinker: "Analytical Thinkers are reserved, quiet persons. They like to get to the bottom of things - curiosity is one of their strongest motives. They want to know what holds the world together deep down inside. They do not really need much more to be happy because they are modest persons. Many mathematicians, philosophers and scientists belong to this type. Analytical Thinkers therefore often give others the impression that they are arrogant or snobby - especially because they do not hesitate to speak their mind with their often harsh (even if justified) criticism and their imperturbable self-confidence. Incompetent contemporaries do not have it easy with them. But whoever succeeds in winning their respect and interest has a witty and very intelligent person to talk to. A partner who amazes one with his excellent powers of observation and his very dry humor."

Sounds about right, especially the part about people thinking I'm snobby. I've run into that many times in my life. It makes me sad because I'm not a jerk, but I'm so reserved that people mistake it for being snobby at times. I have taken a few of these tests. My MBTI was INFP when I was a teenager, but I took it again a year ago and got INTP.

6. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I've been through that myself. Shy kids are mislabeled as "stuck-up".

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

I got 'engaged idealist'. Some of it rings, true, but not perfectly.

8. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

Lots of idealists on here then. :D

I'm down as Dynamic Thinker. Hmmm...don't think of myself as a "leader" personally...:cool:

Yep...I think alright. Yep...I'm definitely frank alright and I don't believe in being underhand or anything. What you see is pretty much what you get LOL. No-one in their right mind would describe me as "diplomatic" LOL...I admit I don't know the meaning of the concept....

I'd like to think I'm intelligent, etc - well an "official" IQ test I did way back when said I am:D - which was news to me, as I hadn't thought of myself that way...

Logical - tick. Determined - tick OH YES. Sharp eye for errors and expect a great deal of myself and others - tick. Independent - tick OH YES. Responsible - I'd like to think so. Aggressive - errrm...well...I hope not....

I am a very good friend - if you can handle the fact "diplomats aren't me" and I have noticed that if a good friend is a bit worried as to whether something is "quite right" (eg in one instance an old persons carehome someone they know WAS in) then I'm your woman/take me in and I will notice whats wrong and say so....and then be supportive about getting things sorted out..

9. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Too much thinking. :rolleyes: In each choice about half the statements applied to me, half did not. Taking a wild stab at it I got Good-Natured Realist. Ha. I'm not good-natured.

10. Hirsch

Hirsch New Member

I ended up with Analytical Thinker. Makes sense for an INTJ.

Also: unpunctual? I have never heard this word in my life. However; it does seem to be a word listed in both British and American English Dictionaries. Ah. I would have though 'im-' would have been used over 'un-'. We don't say unpractical or unperfect (at least not in the States). So why un-punctual instead of 'impuncual'. Maybe I need to look at the prefix a bit closer.

// took a closer look. The root for 'punctual' is Latin based, so is the prefix 'im-' which denotes what follows is 'without' or 'lacking'. The prefix 'un-' on the other hand denotes a removing or revoking of something. (e.g. unmask) and is of Germanic origin...so it should by all rights be impunctual or 'without punctuality' instead of a Germanic-Latin hybrid of 'removing punctuality' or 'unpunctual'.//

I feel better with that out of my system. On topic again, if this test is a simplified version of the MBTI then why are INTJ's and INTP's ending up with the same answer? There are two sets of questions in each of the four groupings, that should be enough to replicate the 16 possible outcomes, so did they shortcut and only make 8 possible answers? That might explain why some people are getting an ill fit with their answers.

11. bb32

bb32 New Member

I got "the harmony seeking idealist" which seems pretty accurate for me.

12. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I'm the Analytical Thinker~ Sums me up pretty perfectly :laugh:

Analytical Thinkers like to work alone; their ability to concentrate is more marked than that of all other personality types. They are open for and interested in new information, they are always a little like an “absent-minded professor” whose home and workplace are chaotic and who only concerns himself with banalities such as bodily needs when it becomes absolutely unavoidable.

13. TMarie33

TMarie33 New Member

Another Dreamy Idealist here! Go figure, me being a Pisces.... :p

14. Agathe

Agathe Member

I got the Analytical Thinker :thumbsup:

15. QuantumP

QuantumP New Member

The Groundbreaking Thinker. It's not accurate. I normally fall under both the left sub-type and the right sub-type. I'm like two people trapped in one body. In all yes it's precise, but not accurate. I believe though that all souls are identical. What makes us different is the container, much like water. Put water in a glass, it takes the form of a glass. Put water in a basin, and it takes the form of a basin. Memories from the past life is due to the imprint of the previous body, learnings w/c are taken back to the divine consciousness. Some of these learnings linger and carried on to the next life.

past life.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/57c5f18582898_pastlife.jpg.bfbfb3a6d95c9301587a653fab128cb3.jpg

16. purple

purple New Member

Hello everyone, nice test,it reminds me of myers briggs personality test. I am the "indipendent thinker" and an intj for the mb...very accurate for me!

17. Medea_

Medea_ New Member

I got the 'Analytical Thinker. Sums me up really.. ;)

18. jaguar

jaguar Senior Registered

While taking the test I had the feeling it was the Meyers Briggs in a different form.
    I got Independent thinker from this. From MB, I am INTJ.
    But it does show something. There are 16 basic outcomes which most appear to feel applies to them.
    It shows that we are not that different from each other. How many millions of people are there on planet earth and 16 types seems to fit all?
    Fascinating. Maybe when making a comment in this forum one should specify personality type. Based on Meyers Briggs, there are about 1.2 percent of my type in the world. Clearly, I am a misfit. Proud of it.

19. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm even more rare.. INFJ.

I think that tests like that may be able to describe someone's core and driving set of values or traits, but people are so much more complex than that.

It's interesting to me in a way if you think that we all descended from one of several groups of energy that developed into complex people thereafter.

20. Leaf

Leaf New Member

Here another INFJ... I prefer the MB because it has much more nuances... (of course it's much longer)
    For example my report says:
    You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

IMO, the problem with this other test is you have to choose between two options with too many items in each of them, you can agree with some, but not at all with others in the same option...
    I also got the epidemical Dreamy Idealist :laugh: