personality type

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Totoro, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Member

I have done the Myers-Briggs personality test twice: the first time (3 years ago) I was INTJ. I did it again last year and I got INFJ. Apparently these are the two of the rarest types for men which might help explain the lifetime of bullying, particularly as a child.

2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Super Moderator

yea.... :(

It's not strange to me that they would be the rarest for men either. I'd say I have a female brain or personality, easily. I'm sure to an extent, certain traits go with ceartain brain or personality "types", but a lot of that is just cultural and what we define as male or female.

3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

The Spontaneous Idealist

hmmm, I also couldn't choose between left and right, in fact I even wonder if I have a fixed personality... lol
    I am a lot of things at the same time. This used to bother me, but since I discovered astrology I became to understand 'why', or at least I have peace with it now. It's just what it is.

4. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Active Member

Also a Dreamy Idealist.

5. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

6. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Senior Member

I turned out to be
    The Analytical Thinker. :)

7. bellaDonna09

bellaDonna09 Active Member

now i feel bad about being infj because i was bullied a lot.apparently i was really quirky as kid even thought i was considered to be really charming(bullying know no borders)so i got bullied.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  8. autumnleavesnnovember

9. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, it said that I was a Reliable Realist, whatever that truly indicates. These "tests" leave more confused than ever. The various tests show me as INFJ, ENTJ, and ENFJ, none of the percentages are very high - I'm either very "rounded" or without much "personality", I don't know which:).

10. autumnleavesnnovember

Let's just go with "very rounded". :)

P.S. One of my favorite descriptions of the Analytical Thinker was: "You are not particularly suited for dealing with others . . . ." :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  11. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I remember I took the test a couple of times in my life. When I was a teen I was INFP, now I am INTJ -very rare for a woman. I guess my personality followed the evolution of my character, we don't always think the same way at different points in our life.

12. autumnleavesnnovember

AlexD, that's so true! When I was in my thirties, I thought I had it all figured out and would think that way the rest of my life. Not quite, and I was surprised when my views really started shifting, too.

13. glia21

glia21 Senior Member

dreamy idealist here..

14. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I took this ‘test’ a while ago and my results were INTP-A. I then took the test a couple days ago and got the exact same results. The description of the personality type’s are very detailed, It’s shocking how accurate it is for me (well, most everything is accurate). There’s not too many questions, doesn’t take that long.

Here’s the link if you want to take it: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Wondering if you guys can say the same, are the results accurate for you?

15. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Super Moderator

I would say so.. I am an INFJ. I would also look for a larger, more clearly labeled Meyer's Brigg's test. A lot of the ones you find are quick versions of it. They're longer, but the results are also more in depth.

16. Kenz1010

I’ve taken one that was an insane amount of questions, and still had the same result. The one I linked isn’t too long though, and I think gives a very in depth explanation of the ‘types’.

17. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Took on of these tests (with loads of questions) way back. Got INFJ, and I think -T.
    Read the description again. I first was going like: What? No way, too good to be me. Then I read about the weaknesses, and yes: this is sooo me.

18. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

INFJ. Taken these tests a million times, so no need to retake one. Enneagram, which complements MBTI rather well, places me as an 8. Meaning basically that I am assertive.

Slight preference for introversion, over 90% preference for Intuition, very slight preference for Feeling, over 90% preference for Judging. I sort of shift between seemingly extroverted and introverted or between thinking and feeling. Tested differently in different periods of my life. ENTJ and INFJ are my closest types. Strong use of introverted intuition (cognitive function).

19. Kenz1010

Im rounding the numbers, but my introversion was 90%, intuitive 90%, thinking 80%, and prospecting 90%. Assertive was 60%, from the test I took. All this stuffs pretty interesting to read about. Especially the strengths and weaknesses, as they’re pretty accurate for me.

20. glia21

glia21 Senior Member

Infj - A
    The advocate
    Yes pretty accurate I guess.