Pets!

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by inhaltslos, Jan 24, 2019.

1. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

4105F4DF-D6C7-4016-9D48-77F84C355C21.jpeg DA9E0D66-58CD-4346-BB7A-C055153B2C42.jpeg Who here are fur mommies and daddies?
    I am. I’d like to introduce you to Naya, the newest addition to our home. She comes to us from across the USA, where my sister’s boyfriend moved from. They decided to close the distance, but they can’t have more pets at my sis’s place. She contacted my wife and I to see if we would take her in (of course we said yes). We got her the day after Christmas. Naya, 3, had been chipped, then abandoned, taken to a rescue, adopted, then given to the boyfriend. Talk about 9 lives! She’s very docile, vocal, and sweet. Surely, that helped.
    She’s a big girl, so we took her to the vet yesterday to get her checked out and receive dietary advice. We also got the name of the chip company, called them up, got the old info changed to ours, and now she’s officially with us now in her forever home.
    We actually have a kitty and dog abroad (both rescues), that we’ve been trying to get shipped here. They’re with family now and in good hands, but imagine when we get them all together! :D
    So, what do you have? Cats, doggos, birds, fish, snakes? Share here, I’d love to see them!
    2BC0EB1D-861C-476B-BBAE-03968FEB7CA1.jpeg

Angie Brown, WhiteRose and AlexD like this.
  2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can't stand cats. Horrible, disloyal selfish creatures IMO.

3. inhaltslos

Awesome, Jim!

4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I had a miniature collie once inhaltslos, from my teens til my thirties. He was really stupid but good natured. Great dog really.

inhaltslos likes this.
  5. inhaltslos

Collies are FANTASTIC. We had one in South America. She was mature, only had her about two years before we had to put her down. Brilliant, bossy af...she was missed.

Angie Brown likes this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I kept my dogs collar after he died inhaltslos. I still have it. Unfortunately I don't have the headspace to look after a pet anymore though.

7. inhaltslos

What sort of cats are they?

WhiteRose likes this.
  8. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm a dog lover. First time I've had "Indoor dogs", as all previous ones were large and mainly stayed outside. When looking at photos to choose from, I could not resist the photos of our first meetings a year apart. The group picture is more recent where the older, smaller, alpha dog is seen on her normal foot-perch. New Halley.JPG New Abbey.JPG
    My girls.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    WhiteRose, Jet, Angie Brown and 4 others like this.
  9. inhaltslos

Precious, @KenJ! They were so tiny!

Angie Brown likes this.
  10. KenJ

I'll add some text that I've shared behind the scenes gegarding cats: "My current wife and her daughter had a cat when we married, I despised that cat - could not move fast to keep her out of the house. One evening, a November election night when my wife was the director of the county Board of Elections, I was working on changing the locks on the house (her house, mine was still for sale) and the cat was trying to get by me in the doorway. I had a board-ramp up the steps for my wheelchair but somehow got off the edge and flipped over sideways onto a concrete goose among the flowers that were planted there. November can be pretty cold in Ohio - the house is in the middle of a five-acre plot on a small country road, It's maybe seven o'clock with my wife due home around midnight - I don't have a coat or hat on, did I mention that I hate that cat!"

SeaAndSky and Ritter like this.
  11. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I like cats and birds. At a distance. Very funny creatures. I would never have indoors pets, though. We had cats and dogs when I was little. I used to like dogs a lot, but I no longer do. They smell horrible and have ADHD. Having pets which one treats like children, seems to me in my distant bunker, like just a silly and unnatural surrogate for real children. I understand keeping animals for food, hunting, shepherding or guarding etc. As company... I prefer fully sentient human beings. Preferably quality conversationalists or my own children, who fulfills the cute/funny-quota quite well enough. Why not have real kids and put the parenting instincts to good use? Pets are not kids. Pet owners are not their mothers or fathers. If so, that would be in some very strange lab and the resulting creature not quite normal.

12. Emilie

Emilie Senior Member

Here is my fur baby.
    His name is Toby and he is a 2 year old Cockerpoo.

Attached Files:

Angie Brown and WhiteRose like this.
  13. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

We have three dogs: a purebred border collie, a border aussie mix, and a lab mix.

We also have one very fat kitty.

Angie Brown and WhiteRose like this.
  14. KenJ

A note about pictures: The forum pays for space that is used for storage and pictures can be quite large, as in taking up a lot of storage space. The smallest space usage is IP address links. I have found that most pictures display well when the larger of the two dimensions (height and width) is about 800 pixels and the resolution of 72 (low-medium) usually suffices. Your attempt to keep the sizes down would be appreciated.

I just discovered a great tip if you don't have photo-editing software: Email the picture to yourself (but not as an attachment), and then use that image, it will be a lot smaller in (computer space) size.

Angie Brown and inhaltslos like this.
  15. Cat1965

Cat1965 Time flies by with such wickedness..

rescues rescues rescues...and i have had cats since the Egyptian times. They find me ALL the time...they talk to me, even the feral ones if they so choose and i adopt them, fix them up, sterilize etc. It is the same with dogs:) We have a new kitty now.showed up one day recently. Think he is a reincarnation of a kitten i tried to save 3 years ago. Multiple vet visits but the kitten passed on and than the same looking kitten shows up behind the house (different country) and i swear it is him:)) Cats RULE...Egyptians really worshiped the cat. "The Ancient Egyptians held cats in the highest esteem, the penalties for injuring or killing a cat were severe. They worshipped a Cat Goddess, often represented as half feline, half woman, whom they called Bastet. ..."

16. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Now, a feisty staff/boxer and a cat. :)

Best wishes,

Angie

17. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

18. Jet

Jet Active Member

How cute they are!!!