Phobia from Past Life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Tea4Bunny, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Tea4Bunny

Tea4Bunny New Member

So, I am new to this forum and have always believed in reincarnation, but have never delved into my own reincarnation. I happen to work in a outpatient clinic with a variety of disciplines; one of those being an acupuncturist. As we got to know one another, she informed me of her previous past lives and the experiences she faced when going to particular countries. I have always been fascinated with Asian countries, specifically Japan. I explained to her how it has felt difficult living in the United States, since I have always had this feeling of never belonging. Japanese culture makes sense to me and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Not only that, but I have a phobia of giant squids (I know it's odd). She informed me that the Japanese use to depict them in their ancient paintings, which she felt further confirmed her belief I was Japanese in a past life. I have never encountered a giant squid, only saw a documentary on them and was instantly terrified. Now I can't even think about them too long without beginning to hyperventilate. Does anyone else have phobias they believe may stem from their past lives?

P.S. Please be respectful of others phobias and don't post any pictures!

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Tea4Bunny, Giant squid have been in tales forever, from Gilgamesh through Homer to Jules Verne and more. What was the reason for your "Always" believing in reincarnation, did you recall something, or was it something else?

3. Tea4Bunny

Tea4Bunny New Member

Thank you for the welcome KenJ!
    Hmmm... That's a good point. Well, I have never experienced anything. It has always been a "well that makes sense." But even as a kid I would spend hours reading about the Romans (which I also wonder if I was). A couple of years ago I was experimenting with religions and was trying Wiccan, specifically the Roman gods. And hands-down, that is the only time I felt something. Like a wave of peace and great emotion, I began crying during the ritual.

4. Annabell

Annabell Anna

I hate thunderstorms especially in the dark, they sound like bombs.