Pieces of a puzzle

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sunniva, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hey everybody,

I'm writing this down here partly to tell you all of my 'new' memories, partly to myself in the hopes that it will trigger more memories...

For more years than I can remember I have been attracted to the time period around WWI. It wasn't actually the war, just architecture, fashion etc. You know what I mean, I'm sure :)

Years ago I had a memory of a lush garden. It was from a childs perspective. I can still see it clearly before me: it's summer and my parents (I think) are having a party. All the guests are seated along a long table in the garden, all the women wearing white dresses and large hats and all the men in equally in a summerly outfit. I'm playing in the grass, just a feeling of safety and happiness. There are (in my view) enormous rhododendruns with red and pink flowers and there's a smell of freshness. The table is standing on the grass, a few steps from the doors leading into the conservatory (it's a large house, typical of the era - probably built in the late 1890's - it's got small towers on either side).

I've tried to place that garden. My intuition says Sweden, but I've also thought Russia. 1914 means something to me (other than it being the year the war began...)

Anyhow, not so long ago I was in bed next to my boyfriend, the lights were of and suddenly I had a flash of me lying in another bed with another man. It is really clear to me.

The room is almost naked besides from the bed, which isn't large, it's bedhead is iron bars alike the end at our feet. I think there is a cross above the bedhead.

The man is sleeping, but I'm awake.

I had no other feelings than the 'odd feeling' of remembrance, I could just as well have remembered what I was doing last weekend. Now I was just remembering something that - I believe - was in the 1920's.

Again I have no idea where this took place. All I know is that I was a woman - a young woman. Only yesterday did I put together these two memories to wonder if they were from the same PL.

Sorry for writing this novel :) Hope you got through it. Any comments are welcome : angel

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Sunniva, and thanks for sharing! :)

I loved your garden memory - I could picture it really well, probably because I have very similar memories of that era.

It's actually funny - I've noticed lately that almost every time a member shares memories here, I have to post because they remind me of some PL of mine. But they're all real - I'm not making them up just wanting to relate. :laugh:

Anyway I had a PL in Sweden - and I used to think it was in the 1800's, but nowadays I actually think it was in around 1905-1925. I started in poor surroundings in Dalarna, but ended up (a long story) close to Stockholm (a little more south) living in a rich family, and we used to have garden parties just like the one you described in your post. :) We had a big villa where we spent the summers.

So I'm most interested, especially if you find out it was Sweden. And before that life I had a PL in St. Petersburg, so I have personal interest in Russia, too. :D

Karoliina

3. Sunniva

Thanks for responding :)

I really like the memory of the garden as well. It fills me with peace, satisfaction and a feeling of safety when I think about it.

It's funny, but I actually think the path in that life was the other way around than yours: born into a rich family, but ending - or at least at some point being - less rich. It's that bedroom that has me thinking so. It was so spartanous.

This PL is very new to me. I haven't tried regression, I want to, but I live on 36m2 with my boyfriend and I just don't think I could find the peace here...Any other advice? :)

I would so love to know more about. Actually, since yesterday I have had this recurring 'memory': I keep seeing a crowded street, I mainly notice the women - all dressed in 40's style, I especially take notice of their stockings with the seem on the back, high heels, kneelong skirts and tight jackets. :confused:

I will see if I can remember more of a location. Or anything, really :)

4. Karoliina

Sunniva,

You could try a regression when your boyfriend isn't at home. I'm sure he goes out sometimes to play sports or see his friends or something like that. :)

If it's difficult to concentrate and have complete silence, you could try "active meditation" or writing techniques members have posted about in this thread.

Another great way (at least it has worked for me) is to do "dreamwork". You can try to ask questions from your guides or your subconscious before going to bed, and often you get answers in your dreams or have PL dreams with invaluable information. It doesn't always happen at once, but if you continue to do this, I'm sure you'll get results sooner or later.

It's also very useful to practice to remember your dreams by first deciding in the evening you will remember your dreams in the morning, then writing down everything you can remember when you wake up. When you have done this for some time, you'll start remembering more and more. If you are busy in the mornings and like to sleep for as long as possible, try at least to write down some key words that will help you to remember later, when you have time to write down the whole dream.

You could find Denise Linn's book Past Lives, Present Dreams useful. It's pretty popular, so you might even find it in your local library. She gives some very good, practical advice on how to remember your past lives.

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

5. Sunniva

Thank you so much for that advice, Karoliina! :)

I will see if I can get the boyfriend out of the house...hehe...

I will post as soon as there are any updates :)

6. Sunniva

Hehe something about that made me smile Quintessence :) Maybe because I know that feeling so well! Being a female in this life it's very hard for me "accept" me as a male (even though I've always been scraching my chin as if I had a beard :tongue: ) But it has happened a few times that my intuition puts it's foot down: you were a man!

I'm quite sure this posted life was as a woman though. Although, I am not sure the 40's memory is connected to it. We'll see, hopefully more things will come up to the surface soon.

7. Sunniva

Oh by the way, I forgot. Since a couple of nights ago, just before I went to sleep, I asked for information about these memories. The name 'Graham' came to me. Whether it was my own name (as a lastname I suppose) or that man I was sharing a bed with I don't know. But it did pull me in the direction of England.

I've actually always loved England, the landscape especially - and I have an obsession with tea, but that could be something else hehe :)

8. Karoliina

It's great you got a name! :thumbsup: I'm sure it's somehow important to you PL wise, but I also think you should still remember your first instincts of the memory being located in Sweden or Russia. I've learned usually my first thoughts are correct. :) But you could've ended up in England in that life, or had another past life there. (I'm also thinking it's possible the memories from the beginning of the 20th century and the ones from the 1940's could be from different past lives.)

It's also possible you or someone else was called "Graham" even though you didn't live in an English-speaking country.

But you have the answers, and I hope you get them, and once you do - keep us posted. :thumbsup: I'm somehow very fascinated by your memories.

Karoliina

9. Sunniva

I may have come across something new now...:)

I have written that I wasn't sure whether my memories took place in Russia or Sweden. Well, I've gotten a more and more strong feeling that it was both. It popped into my mind that my mother was Russian.

Last night I - again - asked for more info (it seems to work :) ) and I got this image of a funeral. In an open coffin was a fairly young boy (around 14, I think). He had blondish hair, a fair complexion, a rather large nose and slender eyebrows. I got the name Leo. He kind of reminded me of a Lion, actually. What seems even stranger to me is that I thought he looked exactly like my boyfriend in this life, only younger, and yet different. It's very hard to explain. It popped into my head that he was my cousin and that he was russian.

I couldn't get a grasp of the room unfortunately (I tried), but I was standing by the coffin and people would kiss him in turn. He was covered with a white linen up to his chin. Almost looking like a porcelain doll.

I think perhaps the funeral of former Russian President Jeltsin triggered this.

Besides from cousin Leo, I got the name Uddevalla. It's a town in the Northwest of Sweden and I am just now researching that a bit. It's exiting :)

10. Karoliina

Wow, great Sunniva! :thumbsup:

Let us know if you make progress!

Karoliina

11. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

Sunniva it sounds like you are making good progress! :thumbsup: I look forward to reading more. When I was picturing your garden party I could almost smell those flowers. ;)

12. Sunniva

Thanks so much for responding everyone! It is very movitating for me :)

I am just 'going with the flow' and I have realized that I've had many, many memories (not only of this PL in particular) that I categorized as vivid imagination before. I guess I just never really knew how it felt to 'have a memory'. Anyway, from now on I will just write everything that comes along :)

13. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Hi Sunniva,

When I recognise someone I have known before I get that feeling that they look a bit like they look now, but different. They certainly have the same 'feeling' about them which allows me to be pretty sure they were the same person. They often have very similar personalities too. I would say Leo could very well be the boy you know now. How did you feel about your cousin? Were you close to him? It is not unusual to meet the same people over and over again.

It is very interesting. The more you get to trust your feelings the more will come. You get to be able to tell the difference between something you are remembering and something you are just 'making up'.

14. Sunniva

All I got was the feeling of total non-comprehension towards him. I just couldn't believe he was dead. In my mind it was impossible. It was just as incomprehensible as an astrophysical calculation is to me in this life. Just without any sense at all.

It was as if I expected him to open his eyes and laugh every second. I wanted to tickle him, but he didn't respond. It was quite tragic. I wonder how old I was. Younger than him, I'm sure.

I don't have time to write any more now, but a picture from Uddevalla triggered a new memory, that I will tell you about later :)

15. Sunniva

Okay I'm back :)

So the trainstation from Uddevalla. I've mentioned in another post that I believe my mother was Russian, and it happened so that when I looked at the picture from the trainstation I thought: "My mother went to Russia by herself sometimes. We would say goodbye at the trainstation and come get her there again when she came back."

I can't say for sure if Uddevalla is the place. It could just be the old photograph of the train and trainstation that triggered it.

It's quite strange how I seem to remember so much all of a sudden. For years I've only had that one memory of the garden and now - within few weeks - I get a new memory for what seems everyday. I believe it's exactly like Tanguerra said: the more I trust these images and feelings, the more comes to me.

16. Karoliina

Yes, you're right. :) It's also possible there's some kind of link to your current life so that you need to remember now.

Karoliina

17. Sunniva

That's interesting actually. I'm going through a rather stressful time at the moment (exams around the corner) and I have enormous moodswings related to stress. I think I'm quite vulnerable at the moment and perhaps more open to these impulses than at other times.

I'm going away this weekend, but I'll definitely update you all if anything pops up during this time :)

I hope you all have a nice weekend! :thumbsup:

18. tanguerra

Hi Sunniva,

It is funny - the memories can come in bunches like that. Sometimes nothing for months and then a whole rush of things at once. I tend to have more images when I am stressed and busy for some reason. I don't know why.

I have just been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and feeling very relaxed and did not think about any of it much or have any memories or insights that whole time (which is a bit unusual for me). I just put my feet up and slept and read books and so on like a normal person!

Also, as Karolina has said, sometimes a present life incident will trigger a whole lot of related memories which can come in a bunch. You may not be able to work out what the relationship is, but make a few notes now while it is all fresh in your mind and as you look back at your leisure you will sometimes find a pattern emerging along with some more details. It might be either a similar emotional situation triggering feelings of uncertainty or whatever (eg. loss of a loved one, moving to a new country) or the same person being involved in a number of incidents.

19. Sunniva

So I'm finally back.

Not that much really happened while I was away - only one thing, and a quite interesting one as well.

My boyfriend and I walked past an old car: http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/ModelAFord/

I just turned my head, looked at it as I passed by and thought: "Papa hadde en sån" - which is Swedish and means: "Daddy had one of those".

It's strange for me that I suddenly 'thought' in Swedish. For all my life - at least as long as I have been able too - I have 'thought' in English, never or very seldom Danish (my native toungue).

(For those of you, who wouldn't know: Danish and Swedish are very close linguistically - we are able to understand each other quite well. So as a Dane - and especially one growing up in Eastern Denmark, close to Sweden, I know quite a lot of Swedish and can understand most).

I know, I'm blabbering now. It just starts to make sense to me. You know, feelings I've had all my life.

I better stop now :) Speak to you soon!

20. tanguerra

That is not blabbering that is very interesting.

Thoughts like that will pop into my head now and again which relate to historical incidents. Odd things sometimes like "I wish we had one of those back then!" one day when I was looking at a building site with a huge crane lifting up a pile of metal and thinking how useful a thing like that would have been for breaking a siege back in the old days. So, I know exactly what you mean.

I will be very interested to hear the rest when you have time to put it all together.