• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Post Regression Flash Backs?

Hippy16

Senior Registered
I have noticed ever since i did a past life regression (using a cd) which was back in april i have noticed short snippets of flashbacks, triggered by random things. taking the trash out, driving and seeing something, conversations, etc. actually it didnt start right away just in the last month or so. Is this normal or am i making them up? since i cant make myself have a flashback, theres a feeling you get, anyone know what i mean? I was just wondering if anyone else started getting flash backs after a regression. i would get a few before i did the regression but they were "blank" like i would get the feeling but no full images. Its kind of like say all of the memories for our lives are stored in the middle of icecubes in icecube trays, we can see blurry images inside. during a regression we focus on one cube in particular and start chipping away, now we have bits and pieces. but since the cube is chipped and sitting out it slowly melts and more and more gets added to the puzzle that is out past lives. sorry if that makes no sense at all LOL.

For me flash backs and dreams are the only way I remember.
So perhaps the regression triggered something, your past life database opened up
that's why you're remembering more and more.

Curious Girl

Once I had my key memories in place, flashbacks started occurring all the time. New memories show up on a regular basis now.

Sandra

I wonder...

Some people have regression therapy because they want to solve a present life phobia.
They get regressed, they remembre a past life trauma, they cry about it and then they move on.
The phobia is gone and all they remember from their past life is what they've seen during the regession.
For me this was the opposite, as soon as I saw one glimpse, I started to remember more and more.

I have a friend, she also had a past life regression to solve a present issue.
I've asked her several times: don't you ever dream about it? Don't you have deja vus?
She doesn't.
And I'm so curious about her other memories, because I've dreamt about her,
about another life in which we probably met.
I even got the century and her profession right, she says: how do you know this?
Well, that's the secret of dreams :)

Curious Girl.

yeah i never had flashbacks or dreams of past lives, not big ones anyways. i have only dreamt of a past life once. sometimes i think our dreams are past life events we just add people we know now in the spots.

I have always wondered if someone did a regression and say their mother now was their duaghter in the 1800s. and that persons mother did it and said her duaghter was her mother in a past life in the 1800s, before they told eachother what they saw, that would just be amazing to me.

Im interested to see what else i get and add to the life im currently researching. since i dont really know why i went back to that one. the only thing is i do feel guilty for not caring for my duaghter, well actually not caring about her. thinking about that makes me sad, i missed on her growing up. but i really didnt feel any regret before that, other than i really like babies and children now, but then i didnt like my duaghter. weird.

Be aware!

Keep in check that flashbacks can be figments of our 24/7 subconscious recording and storing everyday images we see that never catch our attention.
If you have ever had a crazy dream that never made any sense in its description-and perhaps the visions could be deemed from a PL, consider that an automatic download caused by relieving stress of our central nervous system. This "download" is essential and quite normal and can interpret the wrong data we think is correct.
Stress is normal in our lives and varies from person to person. If the visions keep repeating then take them into consideration.

Jupiter -

There is a big difference between a past life dream - "memory" and stress and overload release. You title your post "be aware." What exactly are you asking people to be aware of? When past life dreams happen they are lucid and it is as if you are in another time and another place. Time flows in sequence and is real - like everyday life. They are more than just "visions."

Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Ph.D. has a great chapter in her book titled The Dreamer's Way on past life dreams. Anyone interested in the difference between regular dreams and PL dreams should pick up her book.

Happens all the time

Hippy16, "flashbacks" after a regression are totally normal. I know this both from my own and friends' experience, and having it explained to me by a regression therapist (Bob Holmes) who sees it regularly in his practice. A regression opens a door to our past-life reality... and some of the time, at least, that door remains more open than it was before, subsequent to the regression.

I have a friend who has memories pop up, just like you, during mundane chores, everyday activities etc., that don't require a lot of mental concentration... leaving the mind free to wander where it will. Same as with you, they are often triggered by random stimuli that the mind uses as a reminder.

Warmly,
Karen

Deborah,

As you may or may not know, it has been proven that we use about 10% of our "brainpower". Imagine the potential if that were increased to a quarter, one third, or one half? Our subconscious would be able to have an uninterrupted stream of video and audio of those PL memories. We then wouldn't have to deal with inevitable contridictions from flashbacks or dreams.
Having a secure tap would remedy all of that.
In an age we we all are inundated with overwhelming visual stimuli of all kinds, this advancement would be of a great benefit to all of us.

Now, you can disagree all you want with the above. But bear in mind that I needn't posted what you replied to had the above were possible. Catch my drift?

Back