Posting Guidelines

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Guidelines' started by Forum Staff, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Forum Staff

Forum Staff Senior Moderator Super Moderator

The Past Life Forum is a private forum open to the public. It is a rich and valuable resource for anyone interested in any aspect of past lives and reincarnation. You can delve into discussions on any topic related to:

• reincarnation and past lives
    • children's past lives
    • same-family reincarnation
    • the scientific basis for reincarnation
    • past life regression
    • past life dreams
    • personal reincarnational memories
    • animal to animal reincarnation

The original intent of this board is to be an open and non-commercial place to discuss and share about children's past lives and reincarnation. Steve and Carol have requested that we all, moderators and members, work to keep the board focused and messages on topic. Because of all the extra traffic, it is now necessary to become more vigorous in enforcing the policy to preserve the original intent of the board.

In accordance with the Bowman's wishes, we do not permit signature links, posts or threads containing the following:
    • psychic impressions of other people's past lives
    • channeling spirits
    • advertising or promotion of any kind for any products or services
    • preaching -{i.e. Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, or spirit teachings presented as prophecy**
    • occult, unconventional or conventional religious topics (unless the topic somehow connects to a past life/reincarnation issue),
    • current politics
    • human to animal reincarnation
    • alien and other world past or future lives, or abductions
    • dreams that are clearly not past life related
    • references to drugs and/or alcohol in relation to spiritual experiences
    • spirit possession
    • walk-ins or soul exchange

The purpose of this forum is for research and discovery. It is intended to appeal to all ages. References to homicide, suicide, cruelty, sexuality, and perversion are highly censored by forum staff. Inference to any of the above is subject to moderation without explanation. Posts regarding such should be carefully written and edited with caution.

Forum Staff reserves the right to remove any posts containing inappropriate content – without warning or explanation to the poster.

Dual memberships are not permitted. In the instance of such an occurrence, the member will be contacted by an Administrator. Failure to respond will result in accounts being merged, or the inactive account will be deleted entirely.

***For privacy and security purposes we do not allow members to post their full name or e-mail address on the open forum.

Please credit the author when you use a quote.

Continual disregard for the rules will result in membership status being changed to probationary. If you have not read the Mission Statement of the forum, please take the time to do so.

Thank you,

Forum Staff

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    Myna likes this.
  2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Side note - Please note the signature length rule has been in place since 2001 -

Signature lengths are limited to three lines. Thank you! :)

If a moderator sees that your signature is more than three lines - it will be edited without notification. Please don't take up posting space with long signature lines. THREE lines single spaced is the rule. ;)

THANK YOU.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Ancient civilizations

Discussions on ancient civilizations that are currently defined as mythical, i.e. Atlantis or Camelot, are permitted - within reason. Historical documentation of these places is insufficient at the present time; however, we do recognize that certain cultures were lost to history. When discussing the possibility of a past life in one of these civilizations, please do not post experiences that contain the following:

• Flying crafts/UFO's
    • Magic spells and potions
    • Other worlds and/or planets
    • Beings of supreme power/strength/intelligence etc.
    • Anything that could be considered science fiction fantasy

4. Deborah

Full names and email addresses

***For privacy and security purposes we do not allow members to post their full name or e-mail address on the open forum.

If you do use it in a thread it will be edited out or if your user name is your full name, it will be changed and you will be notified my e-mail of the change.

5. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Website Links

Please note: Website links, including those in profiles, are subject to the posting guidelines of the forum. Links containing information that goes against forum policy will be removed at the discretion of the Forum Staff without notice or warning to the poster.

6. Deborah

Just a reminder; this forum is structured with specific guidelines for posting. Please read through the guidelines if you are unsure what is acceptable and what topics will be pulled without notice.

Forum Staff is made up of a volunteer team - our goal is to make sure that Carol and Steve Bowman's wishes are implemented. Have a wonderful day and we hope you enjoy the space.

7. Calla

Calla Registered

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't understand - what do you mean by posts containing channeling spirits or psychic impressions of other people's past lives? I am very new to all of this, really, so I'm sorry if that's a stupid question. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

Calla

8. Deborah

Welcome Calla,

What that means is we don't want people becoming members claiming to be psychic and giving readings to other members.

The forum is 20 years old for a reason. :) We don't allow advertising, or phishing for cases either. Keeps the forum clean and members safe. We are so glad you have joined us.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Hi!

In case of channeling spirits, if it has to do with purely personal PL related experiences and absolutely nothing to do with offering services or claiming that one is able to do this for other people?

And the "graphic content" how about warnings before posting...

Demi

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi Demi, welcome!

Posts related to channeling spirits can be allowed within reason, as long as they relate to your own past life experiences and not offered as a service to others.

Graphic material will most likely be removed, even if it has a warning. Remember that the forum has visitors of all ages, and Carol doesn't want to be responsible for allowing the younger or more sensitive members and visitors easy access to graphic content. We try to maintain a safe, friendly and happy environment for everybody to enjoy their time here.

If you're not sure whether to post, you are welcome to send it to one of the forum staff via PM first, and we'll happily review it and let you know if it's ok to post. Hope this helps.

11. Mumrah

Mumrah Registered

Hello. I have a question about the ban on "alien and other world past or future lives, or abductions". I had a "dream" that seemed to be a past life dream but it was not in the past (unless we had hi-tech weapons in the past). Is this kind of thing not allowed?

Thanks!

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Hi Mumrah

We find that there is plenty to talk about on this planet. Posting about off-world experiences is outside forum guidelines.

13. Isha

Isha Senior Registered

I'm new here myself, but looking at the forum guidelines, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many posts per day are allowed. (An admin/mod will know more than I do). As far as I know, there's no rule about not posting about well-known lives, but, again, an admin/mod would know more than I do and can clarify.

14. Deborah

Isha is correct. No limit to the amount of posts you post per day. Just remember this is a discussion forum, not a personal blog or journal.;o) If you have experiences that point to a well known person's life in history that's OK too. Just be open to good healthy talks about it.

15. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

I'm sorry I just was worried since I got booted before. I didn't notice this was an issue with other people. I checked to see if it's working and it is not. I still cannot reply to posts. However, if you're busy no worries. I can wait. I was only worried because of what happened to me beforehand. I can check my other account though to see if it's a bug here on this account only.

16. Deborah

The purpose of this forum is for research and discovery. It is intended to appeal to all ages. References to homicide, suicide, cruelty, sexuality, and perversion are highly censored by forum staff. Inference to any of the above is subject to moderation without explanation. Posts regarding such should be carefully written and edited with caution.

Forum Staff reserves the right to remove any posts containing inappropriate content – without warning or explanation to the poster.

17. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator

Bumping this thread out for those who haven't had a chance to look it over.

Deborah likes this.