Premonitions

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by ItisTrue4meDajeVu, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ItisTrue4meDajeVu

ItisTrue4meDajeVu New Member

Hi, new to this and just started opening up to my doctors and Pastor this past year for the first time, I am in my 50's now & a retired disabled Vet & almost died at birth I have been told. I have been dealing with dream Déjà Vu, Premonitions my whole life. I am spiritual to help me deal with it, as well as going to my Lutheran church. I never told anyone because simply, I did not want to sound crazy. But with its continuing pace, I could not take it anymore. I have dreams of the future of many degrees, good, bad, happy, sad, but most of all, the horrific ones of death and maiming of people. Yes, I see accident before they happen, but I do not know exactly where they are so I can help stop it 99% of the time. I can go on and on with hundreds of incidents of all the categories above. No one seems to have a way to help me, other than a prayer my pastor gave me about 9 months ago for when a horrific dream happens, so I can move on from it by passing it to the lord. Since then I have not had one I can recall. I am most affected during November through February, and if I make plans ahead of time to travel out of town, so now I just wing it, do not plan. I would get dreams about the trip that I have planned, and watch them happen while I am on the trip. As far as me being reincarnated and ties to another life, NO idea of this happening. I only see the future with full coherent while in the dream, like it is a movie I am watching of the future. I can tell the differences between Déjà Vu dreams and simple nonsense ones. I usually happen 1 to 12 months after the dream. It is the horrific ones I do not like, but you cannot pick and choose.

Here is a prime example: My wife and I go to Philippines to visit her family. Only the family knows of this, because they would be shunned if the neighbors knew I had this omen. I had 2 very bad horrific dreams whiten a few months before leaving, and yes, it was a planned in advance trip. Now I knew it was in an Asian country because of the people it them. So I told my wife about them before we left so we can both pray they will; not happen. So, it is the last day and we are on our 3+ hour drive to the boat to Cebu to catch our return flight. So, we are waiting for the boat to leave for a few hours, so when our family members get back home, they call us about 2 horrific accidents that happened in their town. Well, I was already cringing, and then they told us about them with enough details to know they are the same as my 2 dreams. 1. A group of Catholic school girl teenagers are hanging out around a large dump construction truck, the ones we always see saying, DO NOT FOLLOW. Please understand this is very hard for me to explain this all again, but I am a strong person. In my dream, I am watching the emergency break handle give way in the cab of the truck and then watched all the girls get run over, trying to escape the wheels, maiming many, but no deaths I have been told. 2. A motor cyclist runs head on into a flat front truck, popping his eyeballs out from the impact, yes, he died. This all happened in that 6 hour period. After we were told, my wife and I both looked at each other with our jaws dropped and speechless. Our long trip home from the other side of the planet was a hard one. I was so close but yet so far to stop it, but I am not given GPS locations to where and when they will happen, and yes, they always happen. If they did, I would feel better about this. Again, I can tell you hundreds of these stories with all kinds of happenings.

To get family members to believe me, I would have to tell them about a dream I had of them or were involved, and then wait for it to happen. Then they would come to me and say, it happened, I believe you now.

All my life I have been plagued with an overwhelming amount of strange coincidences other than dreams, way too many to be just, coincidences. Again, I can list very many.

I am told I posses what some call, "The Secret"?

God Bless all
    Darren

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    Scavenger and fireflydancing like this.
  2. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum, Darren. I understand your experience to some degree. When I was young I used to predict a variety of disasters, generally plane crashes but a few other things. They were detailed enough to see faces. I recall one time I described two people escaping from a plane crash, and the next day their photos were on the front page of the newspaper. I used to tell my family when I'd 'seen' these things the day before they happened, so they knew I hadn't made them up. I 'saw' the death of Martin Luther King, either the day before or at the time it happened, and did tell other people. I was always very disturbed by these things and wished they'd go away. The last thing I 'saw' was the tragedy of the Challenger spacecraft as the capsule came down. Similarly to you, I had no idea of where these things were happening at the time. Fortunately I no longer experience these kind of things.

I'm not at all keen on the idea of possessing any kind of secret, I see it simply as being open to some anomaly of time.

Scavenger and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

Welcome Darren! As tanker wrote, I also think it must be some anomaly of time. It's widely accepted in reincarnation circles that time is not what we think it is. That everything happens in the now: the past, present and the future too. Maybe that's why some people can have memories from previous lives and/or dreams or strong intuitions about the future. Every time I come up with this idea to my materialistic friends, they instantly disagree, than none of these can actually happen, end of discussion. But we can actually validate past lives and you can validate future events... but I think for many, it's really difficult to accept that time is more than a ticking clock on the wall.

I've only had some not very interesting premonition cases, like when in a dream, I traveled by a tram in the city where I live, but on a nonexistent tramline. I found it funny and I even wrote it down next day. The tramline was not even in the process of making, or making the plan public. Then many years later that tramline eventually got built and I was quite surprised. There were a few more cases like this, but that's all.

I can understand premonitions with death scenes can be very disturbing. The feeling that you can't help because you don't know the exact location... And even if you seem to recognize the place, you can't run there to act. And there's a big chance nobody would believe you anyway. It's a good question why only certain events appear in the premonitions, and why not others. One can even feel that there's a reason for it. "Do I have a quest? What can I do?", these questions may appear. And in the end when the event happens and you couldn't interfere, you would feel a bit involved in the tragedy, that must be the hardest part.

Sadly, I don't have anything helpful to say, how to deal with it, but thank you for sharing your experiences, I liked to read it since I was always fascinated by premonitions.

tanker likes this.
  4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Welcome! You're not crazy, you're just tuned into something.

I often have premonitions myself and I can feel it when something is about to go horribly wrong. At my friend's wedding reception, I knew something was wrong and that they wouldn't make it a year. They split well before what should have been their first anniversary.

I rarely say anything to the people involved. I don't think it's my place to do that. Like life has to happen.

It's interesting that you mentioned it happened more in November-February. That's when the veil between our world and the spirit world is at its thinnest.

5. ItisTrue4meDajeVu

ItisTrue4meDajeVu New Member

Hi, very interesting info in your replies, Thank you. I also feel the need to greatly express my thanks to Carol Bowman's web sight, I feel I have found a safe place to communicate my issues with people that know I am not alone in this phenomena, Thank you greatly All!!!

The idea of this, " Anomaly of time", seems to be a good explanation and very possible I feel. This at least gives me a way to deal with it better now that I am aware of this possibility. I would need to research it more and learn how it is possible and how we feel it happens and works.

Tanker, I was station in Central America when the space shuttle Challenger went down, 1986 was a horrible year for air disasters all over the world from all facets of flight. Check out this list, very sobering information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aviation_accidents_and_incidents_in_1986

Another very interesting situation these responses mentioned: It's interesting that you mentioned it happened more in November-February. That's when the veil between our world and the spirit world is at its thinnest. ( By Klaud) It is like a invisible blanket casted over me and the dreams start, and then they end in this time frame. Thank you for this info. This past season was not bad because I did not plan the (3) 1000 mile away road trips I had to do to move my sister out of a battered woman's home to live with me, it was a mission for me, a mission of my heart, to get her out of poverty of 13 years, after her first husband left her for his secretary. It worked very well, no bad dreams I can recall.

As for the idea of me trying to change the outcome of dreams, you are correct, Scavenger, in saying, I rarely say anything to the people involved. I don't think it's my place to do that. Like life has to happen. Yes, 99% of the time I say nothing, only tell my wife about them so when we do see them, she understands that it is a need for me to share it so I can take some of the burden off my heart. The other way it to pass it on to the lord, he is the the one that I feel helps me the most to ease my heart ache.

Lately, with me practicing NOT PLANNING TRIPS in advance, has greatly reduced my dreams of all types. I feel that the lord or other likes to use me as a median to help those in need during my trips. They are often not of death and destruction also. just simply to be present and try to help others in guidance and actions of kindness to them, or just simply being present. Please add your input anyone??? Have you tried this, do not plan trips, make no reservations ahead of time, just do them when needed.

Next time I will get into other situation of phenomena's I deal with, we have just scratched the surface.

Thank you all for you most helpful input. :)
    Darren

tanker and Scavenger like this.
  6. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I'm not sure if there's a difference between a trip planned early on, and a trip planned a few days before departure. Even the latter one needs a certain amount of preparation both mentally and physically. Because it's hard to just wake up, pick up a backpack and go on a trip the same day. Personally, I feel that a lot of events happening in our lives are already pre-planned, even before we came back to life in a new body. Many events seem to come in the "right time" and oftentimes chain of events feel so orchestrated to me.
    A big part of my life has been about not having any plans and willpower to do anything significant or to change the circumstances around me, yet I'm constantly making small upgrades in my life. It's like when one person constantly clings on his boss to get a better position and the person eventually gets it, and on the other side, there's me who only concentartes on the work itself, yet I can find myself in positions others need to fight for. Things can literally fall on my lap. Why? Good question.
    But it makes me wonder if all these life upgrades/changes are already planned. Because many times the events happening in my current life seem to parallel similar event from a certain previous life too. Even the dates can be symbolic too. I only started to notice it a few years ago when I started to do past life research and it made me curious what happens when we just drift through life and try to stay very alert of our surroundings and the "present". Actually, concentrating on the present made me take some steps forward in life, while planning something for a long period of time resulted in nothing.

I'm not sure if my thoughts made any sense. It took me a while to put them into words since these are my usual bathroom thoughts I hardly ever say out loud. But it's definitely great that you feel changes after you started to plan your trips in a different way! I don't really know how does it work, but maybe when we have months to think about a trip, we can end up with some strange spiderweb-like connections on spiritual levels that reach out for those other souls in far away locations. But now I'm only guessing.

Speedwell likes this.
  7. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, I get that feeling too, of events sometimes being orchestrated as you put it.

Yes, this has happened to me, more than once. Sometimes great things have just fallen right into my lap, with no planning or effort on my part. Though I wasn't sitting idly waiting, but simply concentrating on what I was doing in the present.

A lot of what you say makes sense and reflects my own experience. Not only things happening easily at times, but also sometimes great exertions resulting in nothing.

I'm a firm advocate and believer in free will. I consider that we have choices at every moment, particularly in our mental attitude towards any situation in which we find ourselves. At times we have more external choices such as how to behave or respond to circumstances. Nevertheless, I'm tending towards the idea of certain key events, almost like landmarks or milestones, being preplanned (with our own agreement) but the exact path by which we arrive at them may wander a little. It does give me the feeling that any individual life is not that of an isolated individual, but of a team of helpers and assistants gently making adjustments, for example by feeding thoughts and ideas into the minds of different people, to nudge things into place. For example a person may have a choice of many routes during a shopping trip, and with a nudge here and there, such things as a chance meeting in the street can be either brought about or avoided. In my view, and these are personal opinions, there is a need to honour each person's own free will, so such 'nudges' are a delicate and subtle process.

Scavenger likes this.
  8. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

Speedwell, great to know others experience these things too! I must add, it's not like we don't need plans or decisions to make, maybe I sounded a bit discouraging. :) It's just we need to be a bit more in the present because it's such a human thing to make short or long term plans all the time, worry about the future, being dissatisfied with our present life (and I'm not saying it never happens to me, it still happens every once in a while).

We humans so badly want to make a progress in life, our parents teach us how to fight, how to achieve goals. If I don't do this, I'd be labeled as lazy or depressed. But many times it makes us rush through life. The first time I slowed down and became alert of my surroundings in the 'now' was when I first started to research a past life. It looked like the world was full of tiny signs that put certain clues in my way. Normally, we don't pay attention to such details, we just run to the bus stop, work, rush back home, socialize and we already think about the next day. We usually cling on our past and worry about our future, the present seem to be overshadowed by these two.

I also think that not everything is pre-planned. As you said, we possibly have a few milestones in our lives what we can reach in many ways. Also, I'm not sure if our deaths are ple-planned, I think there are a few "exit points" and then we end up with one of them. Sometimes I wonder fortune telling is a real thing or not. Is it possible to tell when and how a person would die and then things would really turn out that way? I always thought I'd behave differently with the information about my death in my head. But maybe it doesn't matter if I know it or not, I can still die that way, I just walk down a different path to the same "exit point". Like in John Lennon's case, who got a fan mail from a psychic who predicted his assassination. Lennon was possibly not very serious about it, but the thought was already planted in his head. Yet he could not change his fate (even though it's much harder to evade an assassination by a random person than avoiding a death in a plane crash what you can easily try to avoid by not traveling by plane in the rest of your life).

Speedwell and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.