Present Family and Past Lives (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by annie s, May 9, 2004.

1. elese

elese Senior Registered

I think people that are adopted are meant to be adopted by certain families... it's the same deal that like some of your soul family are your friends.

My cousins were adopted from India... all when they were young and all from different families... yet they all seem to have relationships that string back aways just like the rest of us (I.E. I think my girl cousin who is my age has been married to one of them...) and as far as I'm concern, me and my cousins go way back. there are certain people I feel more connected to than others... and these cousins I'm WAY more connected to than even my real blood cousins...

So adoption in my mind is really no different than having your own children (in the sense of relationships), and would highly encourage it (altho i would like children of my own, I'll probably host foster children and stuff like that.)

2. christie

christie New Member

reincarnation and the disabled child

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Any thoughts about disabled children and reincarnation? Our third child (almost 5 months now), was born with a chromasomal anomally and the doctors told us she will likely not live to her first birthday. We are struggling to make sense of this nightmare we find ourselves in and would appreciate any insight to help make sense of this.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Christie,

Welcome to the forum. :) My personal belief is that we "choose" the situation that we are born into through our thoughts and feelings - we create our experiences. Some people believe we pre-plan our lives and others believe it is more random. Sometimes we may have soul agreements with others - to help each other along on our path. Sometimes the purpose of our lives is to learn a lesson. Sometimes it is to teach one to others.

In my opinion, children that are born with certain illnesses and/or disabilities come here as teachers, and touch our lives with their light and love, if only briefly.

Warm thoughts for you, your family and your beautiful daughter,

Ailish

4. buntaro

buntaro Senior Registered

christie,

My understanding is that we are meant to spend a certain amount of time on this earth. Sometimes a previous life is terminated prematurely. Then, the soul must return to finish out the remaining time, not matter how short that may be.

I hope that you can find solace in this, or in other ideas that you read on this forum. I wish you well.

5. BessieA

BessieA Senior Registered

Hi Christie.
    I don't really have anything to add. I just wanted to say that two years ago I gave birth to a daughter who died when she was 3 days old. This was because of a disability. I often wonder why her life was so short and what was the point of her being born just to die. The only reason I can find that makes the slightest bit of sense is that she came here to teach me something, rather than to learn anything herself.
    Best wishes
    BessieA

6. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Christie,

I'm very, very sorry for your difficult situation. I believe everything happens for a reason, and your daughter has indeed chosen this life and experience herself, but it doesn't take away the pain you must be feeling. All I can do is try to send some strenghtening and warm thoughts your way. Remember that you'll probably meet your daughter in another life, so you still have lot to experience together!

And ((((((((BessieA)))))))),

The same goes for you. I can't even imagine what you've gone through, but I'm sure you'll meet again!

Karoliina

7. christie

christie New Member

Thank you all for your thoughts on this subject and your support and care. You have given me something to think about and I hope to find some peace in the thought that I can meet Claire again.

8. Bliss

Bliss New Member

Any thoughts about disabled children and reincarnation?

Yes! It has been much on my mind ever since my daughter was born two years ago. I won't get into that now except to say this: Out of all the mothers in the world, your daughter picked you. And out of all the families in the world, your daughter picked your's. You guys must be something special . . . and what a brave little muffin you have! Best wishes.

9. christie

christie New Member

Bliss,
    thank you for the kind words. You sound as though you speak from experience. I don't know that we (my husband and I) feel special,but what a nice way to think of how we received our little one. And what interesting choice of words "little muffin;" we call her that all the time! Thanks again, I'm slowly finding peace (for the time being.) I hope my hubby can do the same.
    Christie

10. Melsie

Melsie New Member

Question on abortion and adoption

Hi Everyone,

I have two questions I would like to post, and welcome all replies. A little info is given with each question.

Question on Abortion:
    I've seen numerous posts where many here believe that the baby/child's soul is not in the physical body of the fetus until shortly before birth. Here is the story that confuses me...
    The OB Dr. that delivered my daughter in 1986 became an anti-abortion activist in the early 80's. Prior to becoming an activist he was an abortion Dr. and worked in an abortion clinic. He said that at the time he worked at the clinic, he didn't believe a 'fetus' was a baby with a soul until it was born. What changed his mind was a 17 yr old girl that came in to have an abortion. At that time, they did not perform ultrasounds to correctly estimate the gestational age of the fetus/embryo. The girl said that she was only about 3 1/2 to 4 months pregnant, when actually she was close to 6 months pregnant, she just measured small for her gestational age. When the Dr. was performing the abortion, the fetus was formed enough that it was making sounds as if it was trying to cry. The Dr. was stunned. Before this, he had always thought of the baby as 'growing tissue' and not a growing baby who could feel and react to the pain of being aborted. After performing this girl's abortion, he walked out of the clinic and became an anti-abortion activist.
    Also, I've read several stories where children remember being in the womb.
    So, the question is, if a fetus can cry during a 6 month gestation abortion, and some children remember being in the womb, is it possible that the soul is in the physical body of the fetus months before birth?

Question about adoption:
    As some of you may have seen in a previous post of mine, I am adopted. Was adopted at 5 yrs old. I've read so so much that we tend to incarnate with other souls that we've been with during previous lives. Prior to this life when choosing a mother or family, do adopted children (myself included) choose the mother or family that they want to be raised with, or born to?
    Recently, I found my birth father and 1/2 siblings. One of my brothers I feel an incredible connection with. When we met in Oct. 2005 and hugged each other, he said "I missed you so much!" I was thinking the same thing. I knew him although I had never laid eyes on him in this life. We have a very close relationship now. I've never asked him if he believes in reincarnation or not, but I did find it odd that he said 'he missed me so much' when we first met.
    So, my question is, do adoptees choose to born or raised by the souls they knew in past lives?
    I hope I've said this where everyone can understand.

Any and all responses will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Melsie: angel

11. Ailish

Hi Melsie,

You may find this thread helpful in answering some of your questions:

[thread=8146]When does the soul enter the body?[/thread]

As far as your question regarding adoption, I believe that children end up with the parents they are supposed to have, and it really doesn't matter how they come together -- just that they do.

It could be that you and your brother have shared a past life and decided to come together later in this life -- for a very specific reason and/or purpose. How wonderful that you found each other. :)

Happy reading!
    Ailish

12. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Melsie,

My friend was over with her twin girls one stormy night and the power went out. The girls and my son were 5 at the time.
    One of the girls, Olivia, crawled into her mother'a lap and said.
    'Mommy, I'm scared, its dark in here like before I was born.'

I have also seen studies where they hold a newborn baby between two people. One is a person that the parents do not know and he calls the baby as does the father. In every case, the baby turned toward the father's voice.

My husband clears his throat a lot but I guess I didn't notice it that much. When I was pregnant and he would return home and clear his voice like that, even before he spoke, our son would start moving around and kicking.

Oh--I think soul groups come together in a variety of ways. have you ever heard of people that move across the country and then meet their spouse or best friend. Meant to be in my opinion. Same thing with adoptees. They were just meant to have a different life and learn different lessons and had to be in a different family to do that.

I was also thinking about the abortion thing. Maybe some things happen like that so that the person making the choices can learn from them. For example, I had an abortion many years ago. I was only about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant. I'm doubting those fetuses (twins) felt much because I was pregnant for such a short time and I'm hoping their little souls weren't in their bodies. I think the reason for the whole thing and the babies really short lives is so that I could learn some powerful, lifelong lessons. What I'm not saying very clearly is that we are all part of each other's lessons. Someone that hurts you or innocently comes to you in a very short pregnancy might be present in your life just so you can learn.

Melsie, maybe your biological mom learned something from having been pregnant with you. Maybe you learned something because you were adopted by the family you were adopted by. Maybe in this life, you needed to be wanted and what better proof of that than to be adopted. Maybe, at the last second, you told whoever helps out with this kind of planning-'no thanks, I'd really like to be wanted in this life.'

Whew! I think I'll stop now.

Vicky

13. Colleen

Colleen New Member

Should they mean something....is this normal

Hi All its me again

Glad to see how many have replied on my last thread.

Its 5am sunday morning in Perth, Western Australia and I've been up since 3am any how Im up because I see people, family (also extended) who are they...???????
    When I was young I always thought that I was adopted I never belonged in the family I was in (still in). My parents divorced when I was a baby now at 32 I don't even know why they even got together.... its like trying to mix melted chocolate and washing powder!
    Anyway my mum caught me as a child under the age of 10yrs old (I can't remember how old I was) going through all her papers looking for my adoption papers. Oh and I'm not adopted (just in spirit) My whole life I never wanted to be here.....
    Not that its suicidal or anything I just wanted to go home!and this wasn't it!
    Now at my age I have an understanding, maturity, maybe just acknowledgement... that people are just people in my family... or, just really let down...or both. My mother I'm close to but really anyone else I don't feel a bond with? My cat Cleo I had since 16yrs old and Max my dog I've had for the last 5 yrs I feel more a connection too than my family!
    SHOULD THEY MEAN SOMETHING? Is this normal? I do love them and care, I just know something is changing at this point in my life. I'm trying to find it. I am definately on a search. My partner of 13 months means more to me than people in my family, I have always had an expectation that they are older and should know better but know I see "it doesnt matter how old. Is it how your raised or what lives have you experienced! what kind of person are you really???
    I have as a child kinda had to accept the way some of my family has treated me, not now as an adult as a child and now know you do not have to accept others (attitudes, behaviours,actions etc) when it is not nice... basically. You see how there lives are hard, sad and sometimes empty because of who they are. I just feel confused as to why I'm here because of all this, its sad.....And thats why on this search I know my past life/lives have something to do with all of this. I'm going to try hynotherapy and also a metaphysician in the coming weeks and haven't said anything to anyone except on this site.... its different this time this is my journey and don't care for families or anyones elses opinion as I feel it won't be positive as only we here feel that extra sense, the 6th............which makes it so different! I'm not experienced in or had alot of experiences in my past lives but I do know, thats why I'm here. love to you all and thanks for reading;)

14. Ailish

Hi Colleen,

I can relate to your feelings. The family I was born to in this life -- are all new souls to me. I was much different than them all -- and though I love them, I never really felt any special connection to them.

There are people in our lives we just naturally resonate with. Some happen to be family members -- some are friends or co-workers. My personal belief is that the people we are connected to -- we've been with before, and perhaps they are members of our "soul group." ;)

It's hard when you're a child -- you have little choice in where you live, or the type of things you are exposed to. As an adult -- you can choose to forgive them for whatever hurtful behavior happened, and love them anyway.

Unfortunately I can't answer that one for you -- but I can tell you that in my personal experience, it was a lesson about unconditional love. I had a very difficult childhood -- but I've become strong, and learned so much from it. ;) Imo, it's a good thing.

It's my personal belief -- that family doesn't come from blood. It comes from the heart. Surround yourself with people who love you and understand you for the special person you are -- they are your family, too. ;)

Bright Blessings,
    Ailish :)

15. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hey Colleen,

Sounds like a bit of a 'dark night of the soul' the other night eh? Family is a funny thing. I don't always understand mine either and I am very different from them all, not just in appearance, but in temperament. Out of all of them I don't really remember any past life connections - maybe my father and one of my sisters, but on the whole the others all feel like 'strangers' to me on that level.

However, maturity is learning to deal with these things and not to sweat it too much. We don't always understand the reasons for things and we just have to learn to deal with that (or make ourselves nuts worrying about it :) ). 'Accepting' people, with all their faults and failures is not the same as approving of their faults, or tolerating any type of abuse of your person. But acceptance does mean caring about people even if they are irritating or stupid or whatever. Compassion for others, who are mostly trying their hardest, is the short way to acceptance. Forgiveness for past injuries is on the way towards love.

It sounds to me that there are various issues swirling about in your psyche wanting to come out. You are probably very wise to investigate getting some professional regression work done if you have past life issues bubbling up willy nilly.

If you are feeling in an upset state about your life in general, there is always a good argument for seeing a 'regular' counsellor as well - just to get a bit of perspective and some common sense advice - after all, these people have heard it all before and may know how to help. It is easy to get ourselves tied up in knots fretting about things on our own. Good luck with it and I am looking forward to the 'next installment'.

16. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Hi Colleen

I remember when I was in my teen years feeling that I didn't belong with my family and wondering if I was adopted (I wasn't) but I went through stages of wondering.
    I know that I have shared pastlives with some of my family and had good parents but it didn't prevent these feelings.
    If you feel that your feelings are caused by unresolved pastlife issues then maybe looking at regression could be a solution.

Kind Regards
    Kay

17. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Family vs. Strangers

Why do you suppose that we sometimes reincarnate within our same "circle" of family and friends and other times, we reincarnate halfway across the world to seemingly "strangers"?

18. Ailish

Hi Kat,

I can't answer for everyone else -- but for me, I believe I had to be with unfamiliar souls early in this lifetime, away from my "circle," to learn specific lessons that I couldn't learn with people who knew me. I'm hoping that I've learned them ;) After those early lessons - I ended up with my new family - exactly where I belong. :)

Aili

19. archival

archival Senior Registered

Ailish, I feel the same way. Not sure yet if I have learned what it is that I am meant to learn yet. Why are you asking MoonDansyr? Which way do you feel you have gone this time? Really curious to what motivated the question for you as I am interested in the question and possible reasons as well.

20. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Ailish, that makes sense. It all seems to be about learning, huh?

Archival, just in reading other posts, and finding that reincarnation tends to lean both ways, I pondered why.

In my life now? I feel pretty strongly that I'm "within my circle."