Present Family and Past Lives (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by annie s, May 9, 2004.

1. vanhalen50one50

vanhalen50one50 Senior Registered

I agree with Aili that its all about learning. I haven't really figured out if I'm in my circle or not yet.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I believe we tend to meet souls from our own circle pretty much in all our incarnations. Often we are born into the same family, sometimes they are "just" friends or spouses that we meet a little later.

I don't think geography has much to do with this, though. For example I believe my last PL took place in the US, and there were many people there that I know again in this life - in Finland. So even though I changed scenery doesn't mean everybody here is a stranger, as many others from my circle did, too. And many of those who weren't with me in the US the last time, have shared lifetimes with me in other times and/or other countries.

Karoliina

3. Military

Military New Member

I feel like I'm in my "circle" for the most part. I don't know what I'm supposed to learn during this lifetime. I have a deep connection with my bestfriend and my girlfriend (soon to be my Fiancé X-MAS). All my close friends feel right as well as my co-workers "friends" and my bosses. It just feels right, like I was meant or supposed to be there with them.

Sad to say I don't know why I chose the mother I did this lifetime. I have 2 siblings. My sister 28 married, my brother 29 single and me 32. She always "protects" and seems to love them more then me. She always gives me a hard time and blames me for everything. This all started from a very young age. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be one of my life's lessons. :confused:

The only lesson that I have learned so far from my current mother is to never pick her again if do come back down....lol...

4. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Military,

Maybe you have some past life karma to resolve with your mom. I have similar trouble with my mom but I do believe strongly that there is a reason for it. With every incident or emotional exchange with my mom, I just try to be the better person. (often I fail at this) I try to take the moral high ground and to realize that she is incapable of loving me the way I needed to be loved but that she is loving me the best that she can. There must be some reason that this is the most difficult relationship to heal for both of us with our moms. I think it can only be past life related.

I am very dedicated to not taking this relationship, at least in the state that it is in, to my next life. This goal keeps me going as I try to do the healthiest thing with her. It helped also to realize that none of it is going to come from her. I have to heal on my own.

Good luck to you.

BTW--it has also helped me to have a child and to love him the way that my mom should have loved me. My son has told me that he chose me before he was born. I am sure that this is a big part of the reason that he did.

Vicky

5. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

Handicapped lives

Do any of you remember having lives where you were handicapped, such as mentally or born with some type of physical or mental handicap? I spoke to my spirit guide during my meditation session about this.

6. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Obie,

Yes – I recall having a physical disability during my life in Romania. I wrote a little about it in the thread Gyspy Life & Culture

That life taught me many lessons - and although my legs were not considered "normal" I was very adept at many other things. My mother fostered a love of music within me – and taught me to play various instruments - my favorite being the violin. Because I was not allowed to “work” with them and truly perform – I played at gatherings for our clan in the evening and enjoyed it very much.

I want to point out that I was not ‘hidden away’ for any reason but a mother’s great love for her child – she wanted to keep me safe and away from the hurtful comments people tend to make when they see someone “different” than they are. I was very happy – and very loved – within our little group.

Aili :)

7. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Fantastic Ailish that you have a memory of such a caring family and that your handicaps actually helped you on your soul lessons in a lovng and not traumatic way.

Clivia

8. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I also believe we sometimes choose to be born with challenges in order to learn important lessons. But I also believe that sometimes things don't go according to our plans. For example a sould could choose a fetus to enter, but afterwards the mother decides to do something not pre-planned. Maybe drugs, take medication or do some other thing that affects the fetus and leads to physical or mental abnormality in the baby being born. Then the soul and those around them just deal with it.

Aili hug2.gif

Karoliina

9. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

I have heard however that many handicapped souls such as children with mental disabilities are actually very advanced souls. Sometimes you see people who are mentally challenged etc and they are the nicest kindest people. Could this be true? If someone chooses to be handicapped in one life could they be non handicapped in the next?

10. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi,

I think each is unique and each case needs to be studied on its own merit.

I believe VERY FEW souls choose a handicapped life. The cases I have studied, and the individuals that I have known who have undergone regression work and searched for meaning behind their physical or mental challenge - have found extreme traumatic conditions in a life before theirs now. These difficulties include but are not limited to guilt, grief, pain and or fear. The body remembers physical trauma and feelings and emotions can carry into the next life.

For example, my daughter had several experiences when she was about 14 - 15 years old. She is thirty-one now. She would wake up and reach down to adjust her leg braces from what she thinks was polio. She would be attempting to move her legs from the bed to the floor. In the life before the one she was remembering, she was my Indian wife and we walked the Trail of Tears. The walk was very difficult for her; the extreme cold, the anguish of becoming lost on the trail and watching others dying on the journey. It affected her in the next life. Polio.

Obie - please note I have changed the terms you are using regarding these "challenges." ;)

11. Ailish

Let me tell you the story of Kevin.

I was thirteen, and babysitting a lot for families in the neighbourhood. A new family moved in and the mother sought me out to watch her two little boys, ages 6 and 9.

Little Kevin was born with so many problems to overcome. At six, he couldn't sit up, roll over, or hold his head up for very long. He had to wear a helmet to protect his brain, in case he hit his head. His little body had so many scars from surgeries. He had to wear diapers, couldn't feed himself, or speak.

At first, I was scared (being only 13), because this little boy was so different from the other kids I watched. Then I got to know him. I realized that Kevin understood everything that was said to him. He learned a few signs...like hungry and thirsty, so he could communicate. He loved stories, and being taken for walks. He loved being cuddled, and played with, and talked to, just like his brother. Like any child, his eyes would light up when his favorite babysitter came over...mum and dad were going out and it was time to have some fun!

This wonderful little boy touched everyone around him. I learned more about love from this little six-year-old, than from anyone in my life. He was a gift of pure joy, and had so much to teach everyone. I fully believe that able-bodied or not, high or low intelligence, gifted or average everyone is equal. We all have souls. We all need people to love, and to love us. And we all have something to give and something to learn.

Aili

12. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

I agree very, very much with that, Aili :)

13. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Again Obie, I am going to have to say in my view there are not necessarily any one-size-fits-all rules that apply to all cases. As Deborah has said, every single person's situation will be different.

There is no shortage of opinions and theories about these sorts of things. People would like there to be rules. Humans like rules to help them make sense out of things. It is part of the way our minds work to see orderly patterns everywhere. We would like for 'chance' to have no role in our various destinies, but I just don't buy it. I think there is always an element of 'chance' in everything that happens in the real world. It is part of what keeps things mixing around, creating, building up, breaking down, mutating, changing and in general it is called 'life'.

We have physical bodies as well as our more spiritual aspects. Bodies are made out of blood and bone, genes, chromosomes and so on. As with anything physical there can be problems, diseases, accidents and bad luck. Sometimes these things just 'happen'.

It might be part of some divine plan too vast for us to grasp. It might not. Really, in the end nobody really knows.

14. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

I have had problems in some lifetimes with either conceiving a child or I chose circumstamces that prevented me from having one. I believe it all goes back to a traumatic experience which involved another woman being tortured and put to death for giving birth to a deformed child. At the time, the prospect of the same thing happening to me created sufficient fear to give me reason to avoid childbirth for centuries.

I have certainly met a number of people with disabilities who either have extraordinary talents (which they could not have acquired knowledge of in the present) or who are an inspiration to others. Some even have a healing effect on others.

Years ago, I had cause to visit a home for physically disabled adults. One young woman there radiated such joy as I have never encountered in anyone before or since. I was simply in the same room with her for a few minutes and yet I could never forget her.

I also have past life memories of Mr Joseph Merrick who was known as The Elephant Man. Over a hundred years after Joseph's death, his courage, humilty and ability to enjoy life, despite everything, continues to inspire people all over the world.

I agree 110%. Beautifully put. :thumbsup:

Angelcat :)

15. Loneagle

Loneagle New Member

Family

Hey everyone,

I'm new here although I have posted a few topics on here before.

I have a question concerning family, particularily immediate family. Is it true that some souls reincarnate together as a soul group and that they usually reincarnate as a family? Not all at the same instance though.

Like say, a grandfather would someday incarnate into the grandchilds daughter or a soul group may incarnate into a different family in each life time.

16. Deborah

Hi Loneagle,

You might want to look up an article written in 1985 by Sarah Belle Dougherty titled, Looking Beyond the Material.

In it she suggests that reincarnation introduces another dimension of understanding. The appearance of soul-groups does not necessarily happen in an unbroken line of cause and consequence. Sometimes there is a vast period of time between lives. In other words, ‘time’ doesn’t matter; relationships are a continuum that span beyond any one life time.

17. Archergirl

Archergirl New Member

Well, hopefully, our families are part of our "soul group." Or how does that work? Do we reincarnate with our families? If so, then that would be great! I do not want to spend a lifetime with strangers and not be with my family and friends.

My mother and I are super close. We seem to have some kind of psychic connection. However, I feel that she is a much more "advanced soul" than I am. She is very big on karma, always positive, patient, fun, optimistic, kind. I, on the other hand, am negative, pessimistic, impatient, boring, vengeful, LOL. I am realizing that if I do not change my ways and evolve, I will reincarnate in some horrible circumstance (which I am NOT loking forward to). Why would my mother and I be together when she is so much more advanced? I read that soul groups are comprised of souls learning at the same level (i.e. beginning, intermediate, advanced). Does that make sense?

Also, is it possible to work really, really hard on evolving your soul in this lifetime, be super nice to people, and NOT have to reincarnate? LOL I know this sounds shallow but the stories I have read about people reincarnating are horrifying!

I really would love to find a good hypnotherapist/regressionist. I have no memories of any past lives, I do not dream of any past lives, and all of my fears/traumas are definitely due to present-life childhood issues. It would be fun to find out who I have been before and what I need to work on.

I have a friend who remembers her past life very vividly, has seen spirits, and is a huge believer in reincarnation, which is unusual. I have told her to post her story here, but I do not think she has yet.

Archergirl

18. Deborah

Hi Archergirl,

You stated:

But then you said:

I think you already know. ;)

When you say that you find reincarnation horrifying - I realized you have not experienced the birth of a child of your own. Yup - I know you are still young and yes of course WAIT! The miracle of birth might just change your perspective on reincarnation. I mean - who knows -who will reunite with you later in life this time around. ;)

19. Archergirl

Archergirl New Member

It is a relief to hear that families reincarnate together. I cannot imagine life without my family and friends.

What I meant by reincarnation being horrifying was based on the case studies I have read in books. The case studies seem to be very morbid and dark, with people reincarnating to be tortured and tormented by the same people again and again. That is just crazy! As far as the life-between-life regression case studies I have read about, most people report that they do NOT want to reincarnate and leave the spirit world, but are practically pushed out the door, LOL!

20. Ailish

I do not believe that we are always with members of our soul group in the "family" type of setting.

My biological family are all new souls to me this life – but I have to admit that I’ve learned some of the most difficult lessons from them. ;) And had I not learned what I learned - I would not appreciate my soul family as much.

In my own experience - soul connections are much stronger than those of blood. There are several people with me from past lives – who are very important to me in the now. My love for them has not changed, regardless of the role changes between us. They are still "my family" and nothing changes that. :) The wonderful thing is – remembering and recognizing them - and knowing that the bond between us is constant and strong.

Reincarnation - is a gift, imo. It gives us the opportunity to be with those we love in many different times and places.

Aili