Present Family and Past Lives (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by annie s, May 9, 2004.

1. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Nicely said, Ailish... ;) :thumbsup:

Hi Archergirl, :)

Well, it seems that "heaven" is a state of spirit or "place" that we must strive to reach and achieve on a personal basis through our own "merit", if we wish to remain there longer. In this, the concept fits quite nicely with the Christian notion... ;) The only difference is that through the reincarnatory process we ALL have equal opportunities to learn and improve ourselves, morally and intelectually, and to learn and correct ourselves from whatever mistakes we have made in our past.

The bonds of love are unbreakable. It is love that draws us together to help each other in our spiritual progress and evolution. Your mother may have been your daughter or son in a past life, your father may have been your husband... :) :cool We are all together, helping each other whether in the physical realms or the spiritual ones, acting as guides to our brothers and sisters who are still incarnated. The beauty of the process is by far even greater than the concepts we were previously given to believe... : angel :thumbsup:

2. vancouver

vancouver New Member

Choosing Family

I have had a problem with this question for a long time 'do we choose the family we are born to' The reason is I'm adopted and have always felt I was in the wrong place, in every context. I really do believe we do choose our family and that we meet specific people, for specific reasons at predetermined times in our lives. I think I see it happening to other people but never to me. I've never been able to find lasting relationships (family, friends, love. I never bonded with anyone in my adoptive family at all) I don't feel like I've ever been able to get a grip on this life. I feel like I've been dumped in the wrong place and can't get to the life I'm supposed to have, or the people I'm supposed to meet.

Does anyone have any thought on this? Or know someone with a similar problem?

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Vancouver,

Welcome to the forum. :)

There are many theories on that one - and I think it's not something that is easily answered. I don't think it's set in stone - and it's something that is malleable and everchanging. It may be that some people consciously choose - and others unconsciously choose (by thoughts, feelings and emotions). It may be that some pre-plan by means of "contracts" with others - and some births are more random (kamikaze souls! :laugh:)

I can understand your dilemma, even though our situations are different. I never bonded with my biological family - they are all new souls to me. I do not feel like I would have ever *chosen* them (and given the choice to work with them again I would most definitely decline! : angel)

The people I consider my "real family" found me a couple of years ago - and we had an adoption ceremony last year. It is with them that I feel at home - and completely loved. It's with them - that I understand what family means. I like to joke with my adopted mom that I went the wrong way. ;)

I do have to say though - that growing up with souls that I am not connected to sure presented me with an opportunity for soul growth at a pretty deep level. It gave me a different life experience and perspective - and taught me a lot of things about unconditional love. I don't think I would have been able to fully understand those lessons coming from someone I had been with in many lifetimes and had that profound connection with. It was only once I understood the importance of this lesson that I came to know my adopted family.

Perhaps your lessons are similar to mine - and once you learn to look at the relationships for all of the positive things you learned - you will figure out where you are supposed to be in this big old world.

I wish you much luck on your journey - keep your head up and your heart open,

Ailish

4. Total Recall

Total Recall New Member

Can you choose who to come back with in future lives?

Hi,

Now, my mum is a saint. I have to admit it, I'm a big mumma's girl. Sure there is love, but we just seem to get along really well. Of course, there are other people in my life that I love, but lets face it, mums are special in a very unique way.

So, I got to wondering, I wouldn't mind going another round with the old bird. Could I influence our future life-times so that we could come back together in some way. Simultaneously, could I influence future life-times to avoid people in my current life which are a pain in the neck.

I know they say you can't pick your relatives, but how true is that about reincarnation.

Demi.

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member