Progress of my research over the past several years

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by ssake, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ssake

ssake Senior Registered

I haven't been active in this forum for many years--I think it's been since I was working on my documentary, which was about 18 or 19 years ago. I have posted occasionally since then, but even that's been awhile. I want to briefly summarize what I've been doing. Some of this may be familiar to some of you.

Having studied the strongest cases I could find, and the methods used to research them (including both scientific research and layman's studies), I stumbled upon a proposed past life of my own as obscure 19th-century author, Mathew Franklin Whittier. He was the younger brother of Quaker poet John Greenleaf Whittier. This was in 2005; in 2009, I began researching it in earnest. I utilized two hypnotic past-life regressions (one in 2008, and another in 2009); and two psychic readings (both in 2010). The psychics have been verified as genuine, inasmuch as many of the details they got were later verified in the deep historical record. Some of those details were unknown to me at the time, as well. That includes my past-life first name, coupled with a small town that Mathew and his wife lived in for a few months--which I knew nothing about, at the time. It's the only town with that name in the U.S. (Methuen).

Then, with the help of a few different researchers over the 10 years of the study, I began digging into the historical record. As I did so, I recorded and dated my past-life impressions, and also dated the discoveries I made, so I could see whether I was legitimately predicting those discoveries. These impressions included recognitions, emotions, and cognitive memories. A very few of the memories were so detailed, unique, and obscure, that being verified amounted to having proved the case. Which is to say, they indicate that I was studying a genuine match. Then, there were a number of other memories which were very close to being proven (but since we are now dealing with a genuine case, they are stronger than they would be otherwise). And there were a great many more impressions which were at least plausible, even if at first glance they didn't seem to be.

In February of last year, I moved to Portland, Maine where I would be in a position to expose myself to places and situations that Mathew, himself, experienced. I recorded all of my impressions at these sites in real time. What I learned is that in normal waking consciousness, past-life impressions--or at best, past-life flashbacks--are likely to be triggered when two conditions are met: 1) the stimulus is very much still as it was in the past life; and 2) there was strong emotion associated with the stimulus in the past life. If either of those two variables were missing, the past-life impression was far less likely to be triggered. Obviously, I have a sample-size of one; so it begs a larger study. But just for example, my past-life grave, which has undoubtedly been redone, triggered no recognition. The outside of Mathew's boyhood home likewise triggered none, or none to speak of--but it has been renovated and painted. But once inside, I was hit with a powerful emotional experience of recognition. The inside is much as it was during Mathew's childhood. I wasn't expecting that, based on the lack of reaction I had to the exterior.

Once I was up here in New England, it was easier for me to access historical materials, as well. I made a great many amazing discoveries, as a result. All of this was put into a sequel. Both books are in e-format only (being far too large for physical print), and both of them sell very, very poorly. I average perhaps one sale per year, though my website gets a fairly healthy 400+ hits per day.

Now comes the interesting part. Although MFW is said by historians to have only written one satirical, anti-slavery series in his lifetime, beginning in 1846, I discovered that he began publishing in 1825, at age 12, continuing at least until 1875. I have painstakingly identified over 1,600 of his published works, including seven books.

Mathew was secretive, and during much of his career, he was engaged in dangerous undercover anti-slavery work. As a result, in an era of rampant plagiarism, his work was often claimed for, or by, other authors. He was not in a position to defend his work publicly against these claims Some few of these authors were, and still are, famous. And this is where it gets tricky--I sometimes almost wish I hadn't discovered these results, but I did, so since research by its very nature has to be honest, I have to report them.

I found that it was Mathew, and his young wife, Abby Poyen (first cousin to Charles Poyen, who introduced hypnotism to America), who wrote the original of "A Christmas Carol" (probably, during their stay in Methuen); it was Mathew who wrote "The Raven" after Abby's death; the future Elizabeth Barrett Browning published two of Mathew's poems in her compilation, "Poems"; and with one or two exceptions, it was Mathew writing the star-signed reviews and essays for the 1844-46 New York "Tribune," not Margaret Fuller. In addition, it was Mathew signing as "F." in "The Dial," not Fuller.

There are a number of other mistaken attributions where Mathew's work is concerned, but these are the famous ones.

Now, the trick of all this is, that of course it pushes everybody well past their boggle threshold. But it is quite real, and the evidence is very solid. IF these theories--along with their evidence--ever goes mainstream, it will create a controversy--both in the public sphere and in academia--which won't die down for many years, or even decades. Reincarnation--a proven reincarnation case--is inextricably bound up with these discoveries. (They actually couldn't have come to light any other way.) Therefore, every single time that these theories are debated, the question of reincarnation will come up along with them. This will bring reincarnation into the public arena in such a way that it cannot be swept back under the rug--which, as Carol knows, is the problem we have been fighting for many years, as for example with the Leininger case. That case definitely had an impact--but the gatekeepers of Society were able to squelch it such that the average person isn't aware that a genuine proof case was on mainstream TV.

They won't be able to do that with this one.

I am pushing this work as hard as I can, and reaching out to everyone in the field. So far, I am almost universally ignored (or worse). I expect that. But I need help from everyone who wants to see reincarnation pushed front-and-center into the public arena.

If this forum software will let me do it, I'll provide the links to two half-hour videos I just recently released, describing the strong evidence that MFW was the real author of "The Raven." So far, I hardly get anyone to watch them. According to the stats on YouTube, when they do, the average is only the first 7 minutes. But I really have proved it. If anyone watches both videos all the way through--an hour of your time--with an open mind, they will see that I have.

I've been at this a long time, as Carol will tell you. I released my documentary featuring an interview with her, in 2003. And I had been studying the Western research and cases since beginning work on that film, in 1997. I haven't gone crazy. I've just been very, very busy.

My website URL remains as it always was:

http://www.ial.goldthread.com

Stephen Sakellarios, M.S.

KenJ likes this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with this as seems to be my own experience. For your #1, I had that triggered by a plant stand of all things. I didn't realize what it meant other than figuring out I had seen it before somehow.

It was decades later I knew what it was, when I saw the exact same thing in a photo that's a little under 100 years old.

I've not been very good with analytical observations such as those, with regards to reincarnation. All of my experiences have been emotional, fulfilling your second point and not being something I would sit down and really ruminate on.

3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

In my opinion the more complicated something is the less likely people especially those who do not believe in what you believe in will take notice .. Yours appears to be a complicated and complex memory
    which in my opinion makes it a daunting task for others to wade through .. just as you said about your videos and 7 minute is as long as most people watch.. Things for me are simple .. for example my experiences tell me as I have said before.. spiritual memory is not a carbon copy of physical memory.. making things like physical emotions not recorded in spiritual memory.. The emotions we experience about the memory are those of the current physical entity and have nothing to do with the physical emotions of the original physical entity I make this point because that is easy to understand if you agree with it or not.. To me this is the problem you have

4. ssake

ssake Senior Registered

Thanks for the feedback. I don't personally agree with you, but it is valuable nonetheless because your opinion, and your reaction, may be shared by many.

I will say this much--my intention was to prove the case to a high logical standard. That is impossible to do, or at least extremely difficult to do, with an adult case, because of the false memory ("cryptomnesia") objection. So the more difficult it is to dig up the corroborating evidence in the historical record, the more deeply it is buried, the more that the false memory objection is defeated. That means that a great deal of complicated scholarship is necessary in order to confirm the past-life impressions that were recorded beforehand. But if the deep historical record *does* confirm those impressions, you have a solid case which is immune from any suspicion of false memory, because I could not possibly have seen that evidence by any normal means. This was far more important to me, than ease of presentation. This case is for people who want very strong proof, and are willing to immerse themselves in the study for that reason. There are not so many such people in this current era.

However, there have been eras in the past, when people were not averse to immersing themselves in a large work which was deemed worthy. And there are people with the burning desire to know the truth, and to have it proven to them in a way that cannot be logically refuted. My work is intended for those people--whether they are in this current era, or in the future. The problem is, my study has to outlive me and be discoverable by those people in the future, and that's why I'm making such a big push with it, now.

If I can prove--as I have done--that MFW wrote "The Raven," that should be interesting enough to overcome the denseness of the books (which are actually quite entertaining, there's just a lot of evidence). If people can't watch an hour of video to have proven to them that Edgar Allan Poe never wrote "The Raven," I kind of don't know what to say to them. The fault is not mine, in that case, it's that the entire world is afflicted with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. People routinely watch all kinds of things that last an hour.

5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Its interesting how memories effect us differently.. for example in my previous incarnation I was a US marine fighter pilot in the Pacific during WWII and had an extremely violent death.. I was nobody special just an average guy I have no clue what my name was, Several memories I will mention.. I'm lying on the flight deck on some sort of bedding just sunning myself having a drink and enjoying the company of my buddies... another I'm landing on the carrier with a plane badly shot up There was an enormous thud when I landed.. some guys ran over and dragged me out of my plane I was not injured
    Then a vehicle used to move the planes into position came over and pushed my plane off the carrier into the ocean.. The point I'm trying to make is... I know they are real memories.. it's not important to me to prove to myself they are real because I already know they are That is the difference between me and many others on the forum... I know which memories are real and those that are not and it only matters to me

fireflydancing likes this.
  6. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

Not necessarily "a great deal of complicated scholarship". Sometimes the mere passage of time is sufficient. There are many types of detailed information which are readily available online nowadays. This information may have existed, but certainly not have been readily available half a century ago. Even now, every few years fresh details show up online which may have been not only unpublished but perhaps unrecognised until recently.

Of course I realise the points may be irrelevant to the case being presented, but may have importance in other cases.

7. ssake

ssake Senior Registered

Agreed, sometimes new information can become available that wasn't available when the past-life memories were recorded; that would defeat the false memory objective just as well. I think that's fairly rare, however. It happened in my case, when I felt that in my past life, I was a more significant literary figure than the official John Greenleaf Whittier legacy would have you believe. Then, I discovered that the only known volume of MFW's own newspaper, the Salisbury "Monitor," had recently come up at auction:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/18598/lot/222/?category=list

This is not surprising to me, now, because he self-published this little newspaper in 1838, whereas I have since determined that he began publishing in 1825. But to the Whittier scholars, this would have been a total surprise, because they never imagined he was editing his own paper at this time (or at any other time, not believing him capable of it).

In general, however, I think the strength of my case lies in the fact that I uncovered so *much* confirming evidence, which was deeply buried in the historical record (mostly published under various pseudonyms), which I couldn't possibly have known about when I set down my past-life impressions.