Question about past life traits

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Grel, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Grel

Grel A Quebecker stuck in an American body

Allo... I don't know where to post this, so I hope this is right.
    I understand in your current life, one can exhibit traits, likings and skills that seem to natural.
    My question is this: is the particular gift/trait/liking a holdover from a pl?
    Merci :)
    -Grel

Jaimie likes this.
  2. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

hi yes it could be like I have seen those who has inherit their past life gift when they were a good artist, painter, for example. Other things can also sadly pass on like my having fought depression and anxiety in past lives and always in this life I have been aware of the depression side of it ( but not the anxiety ) like it is lurking about, very soft, just there. hard to explain. when ever I face a problem I get kinda intense, a curse, and I think in my past life I just sort of tipped over : ( so that's not good right, but so far so good. I'm OK now :)
    /Jaimie

Emerald and Grel like this.
  3. Grel

Hang in there, Jaimie. When things turn bleak for me, I put in a comedy or hang out with my partner and Hugh, my doggie.
    -Grel

Jaimie likes this.
  4. Shay13

Shay13 Active Member

I think it could be a combination of many factors when it comes to talents. When people are instantly good at something to a professional level and innately know the skills that are usually developed through careful and practice study, I think that’s a past life skill.

We (the culmination of the interaction between our soul and body) are spirits having a human experience. Over lifetimes the soul becomes better at bringing the gap between the consciousness and unconsciousness. It’s an experience junky (lol at least the ones on this planet and plane are). While we are not conscious of everything our soul is always in the background with knowledge of all its lifetimes.

Bringing back these skills maybe just be away to see if we still got it.

Maybe there’s skill that we wanted to develop. So we choose to be born into a family that has the genetic and environmental circumstances necessary for cultivating certain skills. Since it is a skill the soul wants to develop the culmination of the souls want, the genetic predisposition and the environmental support can have astounding effects on the cultivation of a skill.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Peace of mind likes this.
  5. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

It can be, yeah. I still have some heightened senses from my life as a hunter.

Grel likes this.
  6. Grel

The reason I am asking is due to a comment made by April's dad when one of my articles was in the paper. He said it was well written and I did a superb job. I don't dare tell him writing comes naturally and easily.
    -Grel

Jaimie likes this.
  7. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

Hi! Yes, we must have skills from previous lives, but also, I think the soul can choose not to use them, or make them available. What I'm talking about is the reason why we have the life we have now. With all the skills we've had through many lives, we must be superheroes by now, but we aren't. Certain skills would make you choose different paths in your life. In my case, it was hard for me to choose a profession (and eventually I don't even use it), it feels like I've got a very limited set of useful abilities in this life. And my foreign language skills are very limited too. I don't even talk the language that was my mother tongue in my WWII life. It makes me stay in the city where I have to deal with the fact that I did many bad things in a previous, very important life. Now it's my turn to do something completely different, through my job. So in order to make me stay here, it feels I got "robbed" from some basic, good skills that would make me leave the country and start a new life somewhere else in the West. And when I think about people who show some extreme skills even as a child, I can only think it's not an accident, they came back to make a benefit out of that certain skill.

8. Bailey25

Bailey25 Senior Member

I believe we do sometime have our past life abilities. Taking me for example, my past life was John law Hume a violinist on the Titanic. I too posses that ability for music and some art though I don’t know for sure if he had some artistic ability but I’m grateful I have that ability like my past life. I do think it’s up to your soul depending if it wants to use it or not and save it for next time.

9. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I found a pic I had not seen before from my past life where past life me sat and basically laughed at her own disability to play the piano and this after practice. Like me she loved music very much, and piano, but had no patience to learn to play the piano for real. I have been told by spirit guide aka potential ex boyfriend from a past life (aka potential twin flame) during meditation in a nice way that I have not much patience in me, this could be why I was so poor at it ; )

In this life when I was to start learning to play the piano I frustrated my teacher and parent by being angry at being given too simple songs to learn how to play, I wanted to try the more difficult ones, at once. :rolleyes:

So if possible could I add this to the list -- the things one wants to be good at but have no patience to put in the great job in order to be really good at it ?

/Jaimie

10. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I can totally understand both of these! Between age 8-12 I used to play the violin, and according to my teachers, I was very talented. I learned faster than others, I could easily memorize songs without the notes, and eventually my teacher gave me a contemporary classical piece, because everything else felt too easy to me. But I put almost zero effort into it and I eventually stopped playing not only the violin, but every instrument I put my hands on once. Same happened with several more artforms, I stopped doing them after a while. I'm not sure what exactly is the reason behind this, when we just "throw away" a skill in our present life. Maybe we just want to experience these skills again, but only for a while. Or we no longer have the patience and commitment to spend a whole life honing one skill, the same skill again. At least it can happen, because that's what I feel in my current life.

fireflydancing and Jaimie like this.
  11. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

When I was in school I wanted to play the Violin and Cello. This of course was from my WWII lifetime where I played the Cello, while my love played the Violin. I played the piano too in that lifetime but couldn’t master the electronic keyboard, while my mum could play any piece I put in front of her (in her WWII lifetime she co-owned a music conservatory) .

I’ve learned that I’m just not supposed to play instruments in this lifetime but to enjoy music for what it is. Perhaps you have that too?

Eva x

12. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Man I wish I had remnant musical talent from a PL. That'd be awesome.

Jaimie likes this.
  13. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I definitely have musical abilities from two pls where my occupation was as a musician. The strangest leftover though was finding that in this life I needed no instruction to drive a tank! It felt so natural, and very comforting.

Scavenger and Jaimie like this.
  14. Bellona324

Bellona324 Serial Killer

Well music comes naturally for some reason. I play the piano, cello, ukulele and guitar. In my past life, I could play the violin, piano, guitar, cello and maybe more I didn’t see. I would want to learn the violin one day. Don’t ever ask me to play a wind instrument, though. I tried the ocarina before, my playing hurt my ears and I couldn’t remember the notes at all.

Anyway, I actually post piano covers on YouTube but I won’t advertise it here. Feel free to ask if you’re curious, though.

There’s something I like that carried on from my past life. Violence and death. Ok maybe not like but just an obsession. I don’t know why. I feel aroused watching any bloody scene. I also love watching about murder cases, better when they get solved. I was a violent man in my past life and murdered a lot of people, either because I was ordered to or the person just pissed me off. Now I can barely hold myself back, but I’m successful.

Peace of mind, Scavenger and Jaimie like this.
  15. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

So you are most likely a past life musical lover and a killer all in one ! Somehow I did not see that one coming, just one example of how complicated we human beings can be. Good you're holding that killer side to yourself back this time around...:)

Bellona324 likes this.
  16. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I guess this topic is not really about such things (or who knows :oops:) but I have this feeling too. I've had sadistic thoughts in my head ever since very early childhood (It's not that surprising since I was once a Gestapo officer). Actually, it's my biggest carry-over feeling, I think. I often feel, more like know that I know every tricks about how to break one's body and/or spirit. And the attached sadistic feelings never really go away. The good thing is that I learned very quickly how to hide it away from everybody. I definitely don't want to use this skill in my current life, but my twisted soul just likes it so much. Well, we all need a little crazyness in our lives, don't we? :confused:

Peace of mind and Bellona324 like this.
  17. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

We all need to get a little crazy! :p

Eva x

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  18. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I guess, yes. :) We just need to know where's the line what we never want to cross... :cool:

tanker, SeekerOfKnowledge and Eva1942 like this.
  19. Elle C.

Elle C. Active Member

Sewing was a skill I learned in several of them and I was a dressmaker in a past life. To that end, I am still sewing for a living in this one, and I am naturally good at it. I can hand sew as fast as most people can use a machine.

But I was also a hairdresser...and I suck at that. Other then being able to keep my dry hair looking nice and basic styling, I have none of that talent at all. And I can't even say PL have anything to do with it, just vanity.

Odd things carry over. I don't find blood and gore to be gross, quite the contrary...I find it fascinating, probably too much so honestly. I can't get emotionally attached to the physical aspect of love, the outside of my house looks like one I had in a PL, I have to sleep next to the wall instead of my bed open on both sides. All of these things came from PL's, but I have my own quirks today as well.

20. Bellona324

Bellona324 Serial Killer

Same, I also love blood and gore. In my past life, though, I had to be careful not to get too excited, aroused or become hard since I would see violence almost daily, having my hand in some of them. In this life, it is easier to be careful since I normally do not see blood and gore in real life.