Question about Reincarnation and the Spirit World

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by hippiemade, Oct 14, 2011.

1. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

I have always had a strong belief in both the spirit world and reincarnation.
    I am hoping not to embarrass myself straight away on this forum, but I want to ask a question about something I have always wondered about.
    My father passed away about 8 years ago, and shortly after his passing several other life changing things happened, all of which came out fine. Without going into great detail, I know my father stepped in to act as a " Guardian Angel" so to speak.
    Both my mother and I both see my father, she has seen him several times, I have only seen him twice. I feel so connected to him, strangly although close in life, I feel closer to him now that he has passed.
    So here is the question: Will he eventually become reincarnated?
    How does that work? I know he is still in the spirit world, could he be waiting until maybe my mother or myself passes to begin his next life? I appreciate anyones advice/feedback on this, as this has been something I have wondered for years.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Sounds like you had a very strong spiritual connection with him. I believe he will eventually reincarnate, but I also believe that he may very well be waiting to spend a bit of time with your mother. I know my mother was waiting for my father and believe the two are still together somewhere "over there". They'll stay there until the time is right or until they are needed again.

3. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

You may be right about your father waiting for you both before a new journey begins. However, its also possible that we, as souls, can incarnate but some of our energy always remains in the spirit world. There are well respected mediums that also support the idea that we can divide our energy.

Basically, when you pass over, although your father may have already started a new incarnation here on earth, he will still be there in spirit to meet you as you cross over to the spirit world. :D

Remember the spirit world will be timeless. If a soul wanted to incarnate exactly a year after their last physical death, the 'time' they take inbetween wouldn't exist so they could be as quick or as slow as they like before incarnating, without having to worry about missing the bus! :)

4. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

Thank you both for responding, this makes so much more sense to me now.#G^H

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi hippiemade, We can only speculate on the answer, but there is a popular belief that 'time' is just a perception or an illusion that we only experience in our physical form - and that in reality, everything in the past, present and future is occurring simultaneously. So what could seem like a hundred years between lives here on Earth, could be instantaneous in the spirit world. There is further information about this in the thread: Time as relative and non-sequential

6. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think that if and when he becomes reincarnated, it's up to him, as it is to all of us.

My father, from my previous life, chose to stay behind to watch over me and again it's up to him as well.

I also agree with that it's possible to reincarnate with some of our energy remaining behind, I think that's because we don't every truly give up our "link",as many religious people feel that god, the universe or "the force" is in all of us.

I also think that "the other side" exists out what we know as time and space and it's possible to be living at one point in time, die in the future come back in the past and be born into a simultaneous lifetime.

7. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

Hi Deana,

Welcome to the forum. On a human level - I had five friends pass away between 1977 and 1981. All five of them visited me in visions, dreams and made apparitional appearances to my sight. All five told me about their future incarnations. I have ran into four of the five and confirmed the testimony their spirits gave me in the visions during that time. They reincarnated in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1988. Unfortunately - none of the four had any sort of past life recall - and had no interest in the subject. (I was warned of this in the visions.)

I had a NDE in 1988 and during that 'out of body' into the light adventure - I met with 'many' spirits - past, present and future. It is as Kristopher states. There is an element of the 'soul' that is always present in the light regardless of the 'time zone' factor with the biological process of reincarnation. I even met a 'spirit' of a friend - who hadn't even passed away yet. (He passed over in 1994.)

So (in my opinion) based on my personal experiences - you will be reunited with the 'heart and soul' of your Dad when the time comes - regardless of where his future incarnation may be in the physical time zone of life.

Welcome once again to the forum. Hope this helps with your question.

Sincerely,

DKing

8. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

Thanks to everyone that responded, it has been really helpful.

Answered a lot of questions.

9. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

My father passed over 10 years ago and I speak to him often but have only seen him a few times. He says he is waiting for Mom and he watches over her.

I am glad you are both able to see your father. It really helps to heal a broken heart. Hugs to your Mom.

10. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

My grandfather past away at 2004 or 5. I remembered his funeral clearly. I heard from my mum that even though he always got drunk and picking out fights but he was a really nice guy inside. (That one is true by the little memories I have of him)

Everyone was crying at his funeral, except me. I remembered looking at his corpse but I didn't feel sad instead I felt happy he finally get to rest. I remembered saying to my mother 'Don't worry! He'll be back!' (yes, in a very cheery tone) That didn't help. Now, I have a picture of him in my Bible. I looked at him occasionally but I wasn't close to him. I last spoke to him last year. He borrowed my grandmothers body for a few minutes to speak to us when my parents brought her to my mothers parents place.. Hope that wasn't confusing..

During that time I wondered 'What the heck was wrong with me..? Saying that..' but now I finally understood 100% what I said.

PS. If you're wondering my religion. My father is a Buddhist and my mother's a Catholic. I follow both, which I don't think is a sin as there's nothing wrong in thinking that two Gods is looking after me. In fact, I behave better.. I'm saying this because a lot of people are confused by my religion but on official documents I state that I'm a Buddhist.

11. Shiftkitty

That rocks, a Buddhist/Catholic mix! I'm an atheist who keeps a copy of the Torah handy, LOL! (Drives my anti-Semitic mother-in-law up the walls! :laugh:) I've delved into many religions, not as a practitioner but as a student. I find the subject fascinating, though I can't bring myself to submit to doctrines that don't resonate with me.

12. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

OMG Shiftkitty>> This totally funny!!!

Put it on my Karma Card. I'll pay for it next life. :thumbsup:

13. Shiftkitty

:D Glad you like it!

14. Ignotus

Danke! Its much better when I was a kid, I refused to believe in God. I always wonder if He was alive, why are we suffering? But year after year, I manage to find that answer in my own way. So now, I'm quite sorry I said that. He was always supporting us. Because we can't learn if we don't experience it ourselves. I to look at many religions to see what makes them different yet special in their own way. As Mahatma Gandhi said ' Though we may know Him by a thousand names, He is one and the same to us all.'

15. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator

I like this quote and relate to it well.
    I find that my Buddhist beliefs stir well with my Christian faith. You might be surprised at how many of us there are!

In regard to your original question Hippiemade, I don't think that any one of us could say for sure the timing or method by which the soul migrates. The spirit realm has been talked about for centuries. I believe it is a time for rest and review. And I do believe there is a way they still know and understand us here on earth. I also think that they will move on in their soulful journey as their own personal evolution with the Creator dictates.

Thanks for joining us... welcome! And there are no embarrassing questions here. I hope you have some ideas to work with.

Tinkerman

16. Ignotus

Thanks, glad to know I'm not alone. Every time I mention this to someone in my country I will always get a lecture on how and why Religion is 'suppose' to work. Honestly, I don't really see the problem. As long as you're not doing sins and helping others, its not a problem. Heck to me, you can even be an atheist, just don't do bad things. But I can't say this to anyone in my life as there comments would be 'You're too young to understand..' 'Sooner or later, you'll see it..' or 'Don't you have something else to do, kid??'.. =="

But now I feel sorry for my late grandfather... The person he saw there was not me.. I am a Walk-in soul. I believe my contract was sealed there as a few days later, I received a dream. I was holding a torch running through dark corridors and I stopped at a picture of Ganesh. And I remember someone coming out and looking at me.. But enough of that, that's another topic..

PS. Don't despair. he's happily up there. Resting, taking his time. Just take it he went on a vacation.. He'll be back soon.

17. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

Update to Post

I wanted to update this post

A few days ago I was able to have a reading with a medium

I actually never thought I would do that, figuring there were a lot of phoneys out there, but this lady was recommended to me by another friend, so I thought I would give it a try.

I was actually really amazing

When she called me, she said she had felt a powerful presence and it was a male father figure.

She also said to me 3 things that made me believe it was really my dad coming though.

She said my dad said he understands I couldnt be there when he passed over, and he knew this had bothered me for years. ( it really has)

Also she said that he had been there during the times right after his death when I needed his help. And that he was there acting as a guardian angel when my son was born ( I almost died during birth)

Also he came through stating he had been with me at other very specific times I thought he was there ( she was able to tell the very exact times in question)

Lastly and the most important, she told me 5 numbers, my dad was saying to her to tell me. So that I could validate it was him indeed coming through, they were my BIRTHDATE.

After this reading I felt strange, kinda displaced.. But then I felt a weight come off my shoulders. I knew I needed this validation in my life.

18. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Thanks for sharing that hippiemade, I'm glad the medium could help you to bury a few issues. It looks like you continue to have a very close connection with your Dad hug2.gif

19. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Excellent news, Hippiemade. I bet its also a great relief for your father because now he'll know that you know hes there when you need his help! :D I admire your determination to uncover the 'unknown', it has obviously really payed off. :) Good job!

20. hippiemade

hippiemade Registered

Thanks everyone, I gotta tell ya I feel like a different person, I am so glad I went ahead with the medium, and I will be going back again :laugh: