Question about Reincarnation and the Spirit World

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by hippiemade, Oct 14, 2011.

1. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I came upon this thread, it is along the question I started a poll about awhile back and I wondered if a new discussion would work.

I'm sure that everyone is familiar with the one-soul one-person one-life idea, Most of us here on this forum have moved away from that in one way or another I suspect.
    My curiosity lies in one area here, how the many "personalities" created during our many incarnations fit together. Do they just get reabsorbed back into the "Higher self?"
    Does each "personality" remain also as a separate "something" that can be seen by mediums? The idea of a Soul, or Over-soul, that combines aspects of itself and introduces those characteristics into a physical incarnation appeals to me.

I would be interested in what others think about this.

2. xtriggerman

xtriggerman New Member

I kind of like a description I found in either a Bob Monroe or Bruce Moen book about exactly that. He said that a past life soul begins consciousness as a bus rider as a single past life experience. This "bus" is temporarily tethered to this world dimension. As the same soul reincarnates to experience needed influences, it in death, always returns to the bus to is growing family of past lives. The now chorus of past life experiencers blend their lives together each time and select a new bus driver who is a combination of all to be reborn and find what ever answers to existence questions that may yet to be experienced. It may take many thousands of lives to finally fill the bus at which point all questions answered, the bus blinks out of this world reality and goes to some unknown reality destination. The author of this saw completed soul groups disappear once they came into full knowledge but could not "see" where they went to.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

That seems to be along the same lines as my thinking, although it implies bringing more into the current life experience, and not leaving as much "behind" as I'm more comfortable with.

4. xtriggerman

xtriggerman New Member

I believe past life knowledge is better left behind for the most part since in todays social environment it may prove more disruptive than beneficial. Life is a targeted experience under the stars and planets. What we lack in emotional experiences will be found at the exact timing of a birth under a new set of astral influences. Each conception & birth is on hold until the needed astral influences materialize that new path for the new born. Its really an incredible design of building a pure living light composed of spectrums we have no idea exist yet.

5. Myna

Myna Humanoid

6. Native Son

Native Son Member

What If? That old "IF". Great and popular stage and Hollywood actors come to mind, and their many different roles during their acting careers, and yet the real personality is only ONE. The actor retains his/her personality, although being able to step into another personally, as the role required, for brief periods in their lives. What if life here is something along these lines, as we could all be, unknowingly, actors in one of God's infinite plays He writes? Our lives and past lives and also future ones could be many combinations of starring roles, supporting Roles, cameo appearances, and even just roles as extras. And we all do our own stunts. A star in one life, and just an extra in another, etc.. and that old Hollywood disclaimer at the end of the movie would fit just nice: no animals, (us souls) were injured during filming!

We, nearly all, do not recall our past acting lives, like real actors, and there may be God's good reason for it. As I keep stressing, eternity is a long, long, long time, to say the least. And what are we, immortal souls, to do with ourselves in eternity? GOD'S Picture Book,

https://g.co/kgs/5Gvndp

Eowyn likes this.
  7. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

I like your vision, Native Son, no wonder I came to a similar conclusion which I describe in length in one of my books: life is like a theatrical play, we are all actors playing a part and trying (but often failing) to follow our scripts. I think there is no need to overthink here and get lost in spiritual notions. We are acting, experiencing life, and having as much fun as we can believing death is real. And though we can play many different roles, I totally agree with you there is a core spiritual personality that makes each of us unique. Nothing gets lost or destroyed. I don't think there are different personalities in each life. There are different manifestations of the same personality as we encounter different challenges throughout our lifetimes.

8. Native Son

Native Son Member

Eowyn,
    It seems that we may have some similar ideas, besides a love for Plato. I would like to read your book cited, but my Spanish would not do it justice. But I would venture to say that our notion of life being a sort of many different acting roles may not be far from the very truth. And if our dynamic duo philosophers may just be authentic messengers from the Astral realm, there may be something to be gained from their messages. And as I recall, Socrates, on his last day in that life and role, spent the whole day making a case to his friends and disciples, who had come to the prison house to see him for the last time, about the immortality of the soul, where he laid down the foundation as to what true philosophy and a true philosopher is. Socrates's very words on this were that true philosophy is practicing dying. This because the soul must needs be free of the body to "think" and reason just what the truth and reality is all about. And only by itself can the soul partake of that beautiful vision of the absolute Good.

And as far as our notion of life in this physical realm being just an acting career for all us souls, one of my favorites songs comes to mind. And I believe that the writer of the lyrics for this song was someone very much in tune with reincarnation and possibly also with our "acting" notions.

9. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Well, that's why you have it also available in English :cool:, here: http://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/ana-maria-del-rio-books.html

It's funny, but I've just finished watching, transcribing and translating a couple of radio interviews to Helen Wambach in the 70s, to post them in my blog and make them available to the Spanish public, and her vision of reincarnation and the universe in general doesn't differ too much from ours. I didn't know her opinions in deep, and I still have to accept that decades ago there was already another sensible, practical woman, virtually saying the same things I am saying now in my books and writings. The only difference is that she draw her conclusions from her research on hypnotic regression and I drew mine from personal experience through self-hypnosis mainly. And I say "accept" because this makes me realize sensible words usually fall on deaf ears. I think it's just a pity that after her work and similar investigations, the New Age beliefs have become so widespread. Now it's almost impossible to say karma doesn't exist and be safe. :(

This is part of what she says, I'm sure you'll like it:

I even agree with the last part, as my own ideas also change with time, as I experience new things and think about it all.

I'm completely sure it works this way. And it's easier to understand when you've had an NDE, or, as in my case, voluntary OBE's. You realize your way of thinking changes completely when you get rid of your mind even if it's only for a little while. So, how can we be so convinced that our vision of reality, our thoughts, won't change when we die and see it all from a different perspective? Ours will always be a partial truth, seen from our human eyes. And my personal opinion is that even when we die, we'll still have a partial vision of the Truth, that's why we keep coming back, to keep growing and understanding the Universe, which is not limited to our physical reality.

10. Virochana Asura

Virochana Asura New Member

“Will he eventually become reincarnated?”

Unless he is a Liberated soul or another subset of religious practitioners with specialized knowledge (that did not seem to be implied in your post) the answer is ‘yes’ according to Hindu thought. He will follow through this full cycle in the same way that those of us who are alive following through the cycle of aging. We may be able to tamper with this to a degree, but it is not something which we are able to change.

The reason for this is that the cycle of reincarnation is driven, in Hindu belief, by desire. So long as one has desires then one will be drawn to fulfill them and then by necessity to experience the result. Desire is the engine of reincarnation.

“He who, cherishing objects, desires them, is born again here and there through his desires.”

- Mundaka Upanishad 3.2.2 (et al Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.10 & Katha Upanishad 1.2.9)