• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Question about Suicide

Misty8723

Senior Registered
My question isn't about suicide itself. I was just over reading that fascinating thread about suicide in the Religion forum and thought I'd put this out there to see what you all think.

My grandmother committed suicide when I was 4 years old. I don't remember her, but I know I was there when she was found. She had some sort of medical problems - unknown diagnosis - but apparently it was keeping her up at night and I think possibly lack of sleep and being in pain and not knowing what was wrong may have clouded her judgment.

Four years later my sister was born. She had medical issues from the day she was born, which continue in one form or another to this day. My mother, sister, and I were all close, but my mother and sister formed a closer bond with each other. My mother always felt that if she left my sister alone, or wasn't with her, something would happen to her. Now that could just be because of all the medical issues and the fact that she left her mother alone and came home to find her dead, but somewhere along the line the thought come to me that my sister was my grandmother reincarnated, and that she was going through so much medical trouble because she had checked out of her last life and not learned how to deal with it. If that's true, then she has learned to deal with it pretty well in this life. She pretty much has a "whatever" attitude about whatever comes along.

Not too long ago we were talking about something and I mentioned that I thought maybe she was our grandmother and she said that she had always thought that too.

Now that other side of the suicide thing, she always said that if anything happened to mom she would kill herself. When mom was ill and dying, I made her promise that she wouldn't kill herself and she promised. Afterward she said she wanted to, but because she had promised, she didn't.

I guess these are just random thoughts from a very tired brain, but I'd love to hear any opinions on whether we might be right thinking that my sister was our grandmother in her prvious life.

Your post was really interesting, Misty. Are there any physical resemblances between your sister and your grandma at the same age? I hate to ask a ghoulish question, but does your sister show any physical effects that might be related to the way your grandma committed suicide?

Misty8723 said:
... but somewhere along the line the thought come to me that my sister was my grandmother reincarnated.....
Not too long ago we were talking about something and I mentioned that I thought maybe she was our grandmother and she said that she had always thought that too.

I guess these are just random thoughts from a very tired brain, but I'd love to hear any opinions on whether we might be right thinking that my sister was our grandmother in her prvious life.
It's very possible. Same family reincarnation is turning out to be more common than anyone thought. Have you read Carol Bowman's book "Return from Heaven"? She discusses it in there.

BriarRose said:
Your post was really interesting, Misty. Are there any physical resemblances between your sister and your grandma at the same age? I hate to ask a ghoulish question, but does your sister show any physical effects that might be related to the way your grandma committed suicide?
That's a good question. Now I'm wondering about something. My grandmother hung herself. When my sister was very young she would get these attacks where she couldn't breath. It was absolutely the scariest thing in the world, and they would usually happen some time in the night. My mother slept in the room with us during that time, and we slept with the light on. I can remember sleeping sitting up so I could get up faster if I needed to. My mother would just try to calm her and that usually worked and eventually she learned how to calm herself and get out of them. But it was absolutely awful. We never did find an answer as to what caused them, it wasn't asthma, and they did eventually go away with time.

argonne1918 said:
It's very possible. Same family reincarnation is turning out to be more common than anyone thought. Have you read Carol Bowman's book "Return from Heaven"? She discusses it in there.
Yes, I've read Carol Bowman's fascinating book, and I know it happens. It was my sister saying back to me that she had thought the same thing, when I sort of jokingly mentioned my theory that she was our grandmother, that really made me wonder. Also, we are both into genealogy, but where I like to research everything, she has mostly focused on our grandmother's line.

The choking attacks sound like a possible clue, Misty, as do her strong interest in your grandmother.

Funny, I never even associated those choking attacks, and haven't even thought about them in years. Wish I could get her regressed, I'd really like to know. She says she doesn't have any memories of other lives like I had when I was a kid.

Maybe, the cause of her death has caused her not to want to remember. If she ever changes her mind, a regression therapist might be best, in case the trauma is too much.

I agree. The choking attacks at a young age for no apparent reason are to me a strong indication that she is your grandmother.

BriarRose said:
Maybe, the cause of her death has caused her not to want to remember. If she ever changes her mind, a regression therapist might be best, in case the trauma is too much.
I actually did look for a regressionist in her area, but there are none. Not the most enlightened area of the country LOL). I also asked her and she said she would be afraid to go to one anyway.

I can understand that. Finding out that you were a suicide would be hard to take. Keep us posted, Misty!

Back