Race, colour, religion?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Angie Brown, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I do not practice Asatru. That is mostly silliness and people dressing up. Although I know of one or two asatru/odinist Gođar (priests, basically) who are quite able when it comes to actual practice of meditation and magic. I can appreciate the dressup types, but I think it is a waste of time. I practice spiritual techniques found in the vedic and zen buddhist traditions. I also practice different forms of rune magic. I try to LISTEN to the universe as much as I can. One can learn much by just paying attention to one's subconscious and connection to all other living souls. That gives me a basis for daily praxis of meditation. I practice Zen daily in many forms. Mostly as a shooter. Both zen and vedic tradition have their roots in the European peoples who migrated to India and became the ancient Brahmin (and kshatriya) caste. Buddha was a European pagan, a member of the European Brahmin caste. Basically priests. The vedic tradition and practices survived, whereas in Europe all that is left of our prehistoric tradition after the Church was finished is fragments and folk tales. European native faith was once more elevated than most think. The Vedas spring from that tradition, and the only reason the exact same thing does not exist here currently is because of intentional sabotage and destruction of evidence. That said, I am not hsteful towards contemporary christians. They get a lot right. I sometimes go to the catholic church with my wife. I don't seek to faithfully recreate a carbon copy of bonafide norse faith, I do what works. Whether it is focus meditation, past life regression (in reality a form of astral journey, I believe, it feels a lot alike to me) or some other tool. I pray, to some degree. I often pray to be a tool for the divine to do what good I can. Practice also means doing thoroughly pagan things like going out and doing things in the real world. I view every day as a challenge to do good things that aren't easy to do. Like when I long to just sit down and disappear, I go do something someone else needs. A christian priest taught me that. It gives much joy. Being a pagan is all about achievement. I am a farmer, so I give back to the land. That is the ancient origin of religious sacrifice. It got ritualized and people mostly don't understand it. I hunt, I practice with firearms and I lift weights. I was slender in my last life and I wouldn't have died as I did and the way I died if I had been a wright lifter or wrestler. I had a runner's build and I was born with one again, but now I look more like a powerlifter. I manage to somehow squeeze things in between being a small farmer, my part time day job, being a father of two daughters and a husband to my wife, who is catholic but somehow accepts my past lives as true. All the weird things I do and say probably convinced her at some point. Another thing I try to do is to impose ascethicism and minimalism in our lives. Simplicity. Quality over quantity. That in itself is also anti-modern and pagan. In short, I live like a pagan. Give me other clothes and I even look like people did a thousand years ago. Because I do and eat a lot of the same things as they did. Beard and all. Groomed. Not like some mad unhygienic hermit.

Tinkerman and SeaAndSky like this.
  2. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

What do you yourself believe in?