Rape in PL

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by lonewolf, Aug 16, 2006.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Senior Registered

Has anyone been a victim of rape in a past life? If so, what are the effects in the present life? Might they include feelings of guilt and self-loathing, especially after the sex act, or fear of interacting with other people? Can a certain symbol, such as an item of clothing, associated with the past traumatic event stir disgust or fear in this life? Might it stir dreams and visions of being choked or smothered?

I understand this is a difficult and sensitive question, so I'd appreciate any input.

Lonewolf

2. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

well i guess i would still call it rape, but in 2 memories my PL husband raped me while he was drunk. although i dont think it really affected me that much, as there were many other issues i was having. i always seemed to defend him.

although in my life now i do feel very ashamed of anything sexual. as well as nudity. im not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i think thats more from how i was raised in this life.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Lonewolf,

I can recall two separate lives – about 600 years apart in which I have experienced this.

Only a few people close to me know the details of the death of Anyana – it is not appropriate to post on the open forum, and the details are really not needed to understand the act.

As for effects -- I’ve carried no strange fears or feelings into this life. I have absolutely no problems with relationships, or people. I have never felt guilty or ashamed of the attack itself. Any guilt or shame I may feel over this life – comes directly from the realization that my attitude and actions caused someone important to me a lot of unnecessary grief, anguish and pain. I tend to be very cautious with people's feelings now -- that was a very good lesson for me to learn. ;)

The re-experiencing of the attack was emotionally draining, but also healing at the same time. The only possible quirk I can think of that could be related – is that I cannot stand to be alone in a forest or wooded area – I am afraid someone will grab me. ;)

Do you have any thoughts, memories or experiences to share, Lonewolf?

Ailish

4. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

Re: Rape in a prior life

Yes. In a life back in 1200's Italy. I was gang-raped and as a result, I gave birth to a little girl. I made an error in judgement on cold winter morning when I went out to get more wood for the fire...something happened that caused my little shack to burn, and my children were killed in the fire. I don't know if my inability to have children in my current life has a connection to this prior life (and others as well).

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Senior Registered

Thanks so much for sharing your memory, Ailish, and to Hippy16 and jere too.

I had a regression yesterday and blocked out a portion of my life (as a woman) leading from an episode in a 1920s Los Angeles nightclub. Didn't want to think about it.

Walking and meditating today, I let the vision flow from where I had blocked it off yesterday. It wasn't pretty and ended in rape. Suddenly everything clicked with a lot of present life feelings, including guilt, shame, fear, and unaccountable disgust with certain items of clothing. I sense that I felt incredibly ashamed and guilty in the past life, feeling I had brought it on myself (I was married and out dancing and drinking away from my husband at the time). There may even have been more than one episode, but because the vision didn't happen during a formal regression I am a little suspicious of it, though it fits perfectly and I was close to tears thinking about it.

I am a male now, and am a little out of my element with understanding a woman's feelings after such a horrible trauma. Women who have been victimized should not feel guilty, but I understand many do anyway--or especially did in the old days.

Just looking for help trying to sort this out.

Lonewolf

6. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

You're very welcome, Lonewolf :D

There are always going to be dark moments in our pl's. I believe that sometimes those moments come through more easily, because it was something that left a deep impression upon us.

Personally, I think it's important to process my feelings -- I write them down, then I look for something positive I gained from the experience -- a lesson learned. I sincerely believe that even in the most difficult situations -- if we look hard enough, we can find both beauty and meaning. ;)

Ailish

7. cott

cott New Member

i have the impression that i have been raped or sexually abused a few different times. one in particular, i was kidnapped from my family's tent (?) and abused many times over by one group of people. i have always had problems with men. i get very nervous when they raise their voices even a little bit. i get uncomfortable when they touch me unexpectedly. and when i was younger, i had a real problem with men who had beards. i should probably regress myself specifically to investigate these memories, but i haven't felt ready yet.

8. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Yes, I have been raped in some past lives. In my most recent one I died after my boyfriend (who was also my pimp) raped and beat me in front of his friends being on drugs.

Seeing this in a dream was horrible and it took me many days to be able to let go of the memory - to not feel sad and sorry for me/the girl all the time.

I think that experience is one of the reasons behind my strong feminism in this life, but I don't think it has affected me negatively. In my dream I could forgive my rapist/killer as soon as I died.

Karoliina

9. Lotus Rain

Lotus Rain Future PLR Therapist

I grew up in New Mexico and Colorado, but now I li
    I was raped as a little girl in my most recent life before this one. I believe it was my uncle at the time who did it. He came in and I tried hiding under a table in our dark kitchen, and he found me and took his belt off. I remember seeing him taking the belt off and thinking he was going to whip me, but what he did was a lot worse.

In this life, I have always had symptoms cliche of someone who was raped as a child, but I have no memory of being raped as a child in this life. I may have just blocked it out, but I think the symptoms are from the past life.

Oh, and I was date-raped in this life when I was in my early 20's, and I believe he was my uncle in the past life I mentioned, but that's another story...

But this memory, as well as friends and family in this life having been raped, caused me to create a support group called RISE [rape incest & suicide education - message me if you want the links] which spreads awareness and helps people going through these tragic epidemics to RISE above them. So it has had its positive effects as well. ;)

<3

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to experience rape in two consecutive lives Lotus, and others in this thread that have had to experience this :( I'm glad something good came out of it though with your support group!

I remember being raped by my father as a young girl in a past life, and that could possibly be the reason for certain issues in my present life which I won't go into here.

11. Lotus Rain

Thank you Chris!

<3

12. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now as for myself, there has been some past lives where I been raped also with espicelly this one recent past life. Now I do not have huge recall on this past life event for how much seems to be blocked still. But it is indeed there and I indeed know about it. It seems that it was in a recent past life as a Native American woman. I serious suspect that it could even been in my most recent past life as a young Cheyenne woman. And it seemingly involves not only being raped but also possible connections to how I died in that life also for what little I know. But whatever in this recent past life I was a young Native American woman and was gang raped by at least three white cowboys. It seems to have had a huge impact on this present life.

But the effects of this it seems to me on my present life seem enormous! One is that I have quite a huge fear of men in this present life which has been with me since little. I also have refused to have any real sexual or dating relationship in this present life and have remained single all my life. In which in this present day world am not ashamed of this in anyway. It is just the way I am it seems. Also this could be accounted for by a past life as a Fransciscan Monk how long ago. I just find it interesting for in this life with my happy wilderness wandering by my lonesome in the mountains and deserts. Also like Hippy said which could also be partly accounted by how I was raised but have also been ashamed of anything sexual and of nakedness all my life. There is some issues here with me deep down underneath it seems that still do need some inner healing I sincerely believe.

Also to note that have been away as of late with it being summer and my wilderness wanderings.

13. msmir

msmir New Member

I know I was in at least one lifetime, but not sure if I was in my last life in Auschwitz. I may have been and blocked it out. But either way I would not be surprised. I hate intimacy and it is a problem in my marriage but he is patient. It has been a problem in past relationships and others have called me cold.. which I don't intend to be at all. I am a distant person physically as well, and not the touchy-feely type for sure such as I am not comfortable when I even give hugs. I love cuddling my kids and my dog but not anyone else.. interesting. I also wonder if my distance is due to the abuse and torture I also went through in my last life in the Holocaust, rape or not.

Mir

14. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

A very noble cause. I congradulate you. :clapping:

I have no memory of being raped in a past life, but not too long ago I wondered if I was. I have reasons to believe that it is possible. Like msmir, I am not a very touchy-feely person, among other things. Interestingly, that night lying in bed I was reflecting on this. I then had a "memory" come up. There was no visual memory that came with this. More than anything, it was an intense feeling that overwhelmed me. Though there was nothing visual, I felt like I was experiencing something all over again. Then it was gone - as quickly as it came. It was like an energy that was being released. Strange.

15. Lotus Rain

Thanks so much!

<3

16. tltfaas

tltfaas New Member

Rape In Past Life

After reading this thread it chills me to realize that sometime in the future I will be remembering this life and the abuse as a child that I suffered. I was encouraged by my guides to choose a less difficult life this time around but I was stubborn and I have paid for that. I guess my real lesson in this life is to listen to the people who care about me and not insist on doing more than I can handle!

17. Lotus Rain

Bless your heart tltfaas :(

Don't be too discouraged. There is a chance you might not remember it next time. There is also a chance that you will have the opportunity next time around to have your revenge in one way or another. ;)

18. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

I was raped in past lives. Even though I was not molested or raped in this life, as a child sometimes at night I would have a sense of a dark form of a man above me and I would feel terrified. As a teenager and young adult I struggled with almost a phobia of being raped. It was only after dealing with some of my past life memories, that I have been able to be more rational about it.

I have feelings of loathing about my body and it is very difficult for me to relax and enjoy sex. I'm fairly sure this is in part related to past life memories.

I have also had some memories of a life where my husband in this life was my master's son in a past life. We had a sexual relationship in that life but as a teen-aged slave I really had no say in the matter and I felt degraded even though in many ways I liked him in that life as well as this one. I think that life sometimes affects our relationship in this one.

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that Jadeswan :(

I can relate to some of those issues of yours. When I was very young, at night, I sometimes sensed a figure of a man looming over me, only his face was huge and filled my entire field of vision, and I was tiny, like a mouse. It was very frightening for a small child.

Have you considered having some regression therapy? I think you could benefit from something like that?

20. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

ChrisR is right, regression therapy can very often approach the problem "head-on" and address the issues in a Past Life (PL) that are causing problems in this lifetime.

Once the pertinent issue(s) become known (and understood) then the "matter" is quite often resolved and laid to rest, and the individual can move on in this life.

Rape, although best known in it's physical form, can also be known of in other forms, for instance the "rape" of the spirit, where a child (or adult) is constantly put down, belittled, degraded, humiliated and bullied enough that they are made to feel so worthless that they soon lose the "spirit" of living and become somewhat of a robot in their life.

While this has never happened to me in this lifetime, I cannot discount the possibility of it having occurred in a PL scenario, hence the strong feelings towards the matter.

This is why I so strongly urge people to show encouragement to a child in their daily lives (when you have the time), to show interest in their play and take the effort to spend some time with them and praise them for something well done.