Reaping the Rewards of Your Past Lives

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ministargazer, Oct 5, 2018.

?

Are You Using the Talents You've Inherited From Past Lives?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Ministargazer

Ministargazer Ministargazer

Knowing who you were in your past lives has both its benefits and responsibilities but every day, I thank God for letting me know. Using the accumulated talents, gaining momentum, improving and perfecting them, lifetime after lifetime - I think this is what it's really all about. If you are a good musician in one lifetime, you're apt to become a great one in the next - same with writing, medical skills, any skills. Toss off the bad habits and work more on the good ones. Every lifetime is a chance to do better than you did before given the opportunities that are set in front of you. And your talents and abilities are what you have to contribute to the world. Of course if you know you have a talent then you have an obligation to use it.

Most often we don't know why we are talented in a certain area but it sure helps to know why you can play boogie-woogie when you never took a lesson, or why you're a natural equestrian or even why you can take apart a motor and put it back together again in minutes when no one taught you how to do it. In my case, I've been able to recycle the music from a past lifetime into this one and to re-record and use it to entertain others which is totally amazing. The story itself has become a book and a movie script. I also seem to have some talent for astrology which probably stems from a lifetime spent in India that hasn't been uncovered yet. You are the sum total of everything you have been in the past so sift out the good and keep going!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    BenjaminFR and Carloloner like this.
  2. Yannovitch

Yannovitch Member

Your description makes me wonder : then why do we have to age, suffer, die and born again? What's the point of erasing most of your memories, making you suffer and die if you are willing to learn and perfect yourself? Just wondering the absurdity of it all. Anyway i don't believe there is a god but if there is he sure made up a a pretty absurd system don't you think. Anyone above 110 iq could make a better job at creating a more simple system to allow for growth. I think people seeing life as a "school" where you "chose" to come and "experience" are quite drowned in their fairy tale. (no offense) I will go with the buddhist belief that you are kind of trapped into this cycle.

"I also seem to have some talent for astrology which probably stems from a lifetime spent in India that hasn't been uncovered yet"--> that is kind of perplexing

Ministargazer likes this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Yannovitch,

I think people seeing life as a "school" and being/feeling trapped are perfectly congruent and not in the least contradictory. Though, perhaps, you experienced "school" differently than I and many others did. For my part, I couldn't wait for vacations and longed for the time when it would all be over. Likewise, each school day I watched the clock, especially as it got close to the end of the day. All of this didn't stop me from continuing my schooling beyond the mandated time. But that is another story.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--BTW, what is your better proposal to allow for growth? Just curious. Likewise, I'm sure the one(s) who designed the current system (who seemingly had an IQ of less than 110) is/are also curious to hear your better plan. ;)

4. Ministargazer

Hello Yannovitch, Having spent a good portion of this lifetime researching past lifetimes, travelling back to where I lived before and re-experiencing living in those locations once more, it's almost like participating in a fantastic movie - the movie of my past lifetimes while still living this one - very odd but amazing. I don't think God wants these memories to be erased. I think He wants us to remember and this forum is what that is all about, whether it comes through hypnosis, dreams, visions, hunches, feelings or third party observations. But how many people are taking the time out of their very busy lives to search for and remember past ones? I wanted to know!!! It was the most important focus at the time. Nothing else mattered. In my case it was important to remain detached while investigating past ones but a bit difficult to do because of the nostalgia and emotions involved in remembering - still, a great learning experience. I have to admit that I really wanted to go back. I needed to go back and walk down memory lane just like I sometimes revisit the old neighbourhood of my childhood in this lifetime. It was important for me, just like an old soldier returns to the battle fields decades later and visits the graves of his old friends. Suffering yes, but out of suffering comes wisdom and it serves to purify your soul, although it may not seem like much fun at the time. You can look back later and reflect upon it, what you did, how you reacted and what you might have done differently. Trapped, maybe - until you rise above the "school of life" and don't need to be here anymore - when all of the lessons have been learned and there are no more cravings to return and experience earth life - no more unfulfilled desires. An astrology chart is a pattern that lays your soul bare - coming into this lifetime with karma to be paid off, yes, sometimes, look to the planet Saturn and the aspects to it. Once paid off, try not to make any more in this lifetime so that the next lifetime will be filled with opportunity and joy. All around you people are involved in this drama - some are reaping incredible good fortune while others just the opposite. Trace the pathways of their past lives to find out why this is so and you will understand. There is definitely a plan going on here. I am honoured to have discovered and participated in it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. Yannovitch

Yannovitch Member

Well for starters, i will just say that my own experience of life led me to understand how important and defining are small technical aspects of our reality. For exemple, so called "spiritual" people like to think that we are all spirit and there is always a good lesson to learn. I don't believe this is the case at all. For years i suffered insomnia and anxiety, until i learned to make the connection between my bodily state and energetic state. Now i am a more stable person, but not for some philosophical or spiritual reason, simply because i started understanding how my bodily and energetic state was defining my experience. There is no moral in this, just technicity. Body and mind are really the same thing to an extent.
    So understanding life is not about being "spiritual", but very pragmatic, scientific minded, logic oriented...
    What would i have done differently? For starters remove the myriad of diseases and troubles that tourmented humanity until some scientific oriented person started gaining understanding of it. Did you know that in middle age, many people died when eating bread, losing limbs and parts of their body? This is because some wheat turns black and carry a specific germ that will do that. How nice. Then why not allow for a longer lifespan than 70 yrs old? Why not allow for more ability to self heal? Regrowth limbs? why not allow for more information and knowledge, because even if some people like to think they know more about life than others, they are just fooling themselves? Everyone on this earth is ignorant of life, to a great degree. Some people, very rare, might know just a little more than others.

Then as someone said in another topic, if you are born at a definite time period, you basically are under the influence of that period, familly and so on and it is a struggle to escape. The truth is that you are left with few options. If you are born in backward area, then boom you are screwed. If you are born in a war area, then boom you are screwed. Unless of course you have sufficient personnal ressources to overcome all this. Good luck

Anyway in my perspective everything points at life not being ordered by anything else than the principle of life itself, and the only way to rise above them is to understand and integrate them. Until you do you will just eat **** forever, no matter how much a nice guy you want to be.

Do you really believe "someone" or "something" designed earth as a "school system" for souls to evolve? I don't want to be rude but that belief seems wildly odd to me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. Yannovitch

Yannovitch Member

My own interest in studying the possibility of reincarnation lies in understanding more of life and its mechanisms. I would agree with the buddhist view that if most of us have had an incredible number of past lives, we should all be very wise and evolved. Obviously that is not the case.
    It seems that people can live thousands of lives without progressing very much. In fact progress (and of course, what do we mean by progress?) is obviously optionnal in our lives, and the accumulation of experience does not necessarily leads to progress otherwise we would all be "spiritual masters".

Anyway, remembering past lives must be a formidable opportunity to let go of your present life and seek wisdom and progress. I think this would be the impact it would have on me, if i did remember them. But until i do, everything is just a theory.

7. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Yannovitch, I understand where you are coming from, having a mind which needs logical explanation as opposed to flimsy ideals. I try to see reincarnation the same way as the seasons, and just the general cycle of life/death. Is it futile to enjoy summer, when it will be over in a couple of months, and effectively all those beautiful flowers will soon wilt, and die? Why plant a garden when it will die anyway? So far, I've experienced proof of reincarnation for myself. And the way I see it is that it is just a fact of life, the same that seasons change, flowers wilt and die, all life wilts and dies and is effectively reborn. A fly lives a futile life, to the casual observer. What use is a fly? But look deeper and see that the fly is needed, and is intrinsic to life. Flies breed maggots, maggots help break down dead organisms, more flies are born from the consuming of the dead organism, the cycle keeps repeating. So, you can say it's all futile, or you can see the beauty of it, and the fact that it is vital to life as we know it. Maybe it just takes a very long time to realise we're not the flies, not the maggots, not the dying things, but we are all these things, we are the cycle, effectively. It's the cycle that is beautiful. I'm not sure I'm making any sense and my three year old daughter is climbing all over me as I write this, but either way I felt the need to share my views.

As for past life talents that I use now -- I have a talent for stubbornness, does that count?

fireflydancing, KenJ and Jim78 like this.
  8. Yannovitch

Yannovitch Member

I don't think you are trully understanding my views.
    People like you want to believe that everything is justified and everything makes sense from a cosmic perspective. You see people that do not believe this as despaired, worried or "god" knows why. I am sure you know what the buddha said about life... and i am pretty sure he would not have kept gardening knowing what he knew.
    From my perspective, i stepped ahead in my understanding when i integrated the fact that life is not perfect in every aspect, and quite the contrary, absurdity and unjustified suffering is common place in this world. This does not mean that reincarnation does not exist, and i believe you are mistaking me for a scientific-atheist type.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Yannovitch.

I don't consider myself a spiritual person but I have come to the realisation through reincarnation that I've been trapped in a cycle of conflict and violence for millenia. But that was down to the choices I made. In my current life I've learned a valuable lesson and broke the cycle that was trapping me.

Do you not think that maybe we are both trapped and learning lessons at the same time?

10. landsend

I’m not mistaking you for any type, actually. I just think some people need logical, rational explanations, others work better with faith. We all find our own way to integrate the things we believe, and the way we see the world.

I don’t consider anyone who doesn’t believe everything has a cosmic order as disfunctional. We are all entitled to our beliefs and think that you can learn a lot from someone who thinks different to you, hence why I frequent this public forum.

Actually, I was stating a fact of nature. Nature works in cycles. I don’t see how reincarnation is any different. I don’t see the world as perfect. I actually think it is imperfect by nature. And imperfections have lead to further evolution. What I am saying is that there is a beauty to the sheer function of life and death itself, but it takes a certain perspective to see it.

KenJ likes this.
  11. landsend

Annnd we are derailing the topic of his thread which is former life talents in the present life.

I actually think a lot of my talents from former lives are internalised and used in more subtle ways. I was military my last life, I’m not in this life.

12. Ministargazer

Yes Landsend, where do talents come from? Why is one child born a musical genius while another is simply ordinary, both in the same family? Plenty of talent shows with very young children coming on stage these days with exceptional talents that they couldn't possibly have learned in the amount of time they have had on earth - "America's Got Talent" etc. Reincarnation affords the chance to use these talents once more. Without reincarnation these talents would die when the body died. There is a purpose for ongoing efforts expended on developing talents - with the intention of using them again in future. Edgar Cayce used to speak about tendencies from past lives repeating themselves and not only good habits either. Being aware of your past lives is the key in either permanently breaking a bad habit from the past or encouraging a talent or positive tendency. Wake up - illumination!

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Ministargazer.

I'm good at fighting. I've always been good at fighting and I was arrogant in my ability to do it. I thought it was because I was so bloody clever. Then I remembered reincarnation and I realised I was only good at it because I'd had plenty of experience at it. That was humbling to me.

I believe some children display 'genius' because they are picking up where their past life left off. I'd put good money on it that Mozart was also a talented composer in his earlier incarnations.

I also think that some children don't display genius because their soul path has taken them along a different route. They don't need their past life experience to learn therefore its not apparent.

Genius is just experience in my opinion.

Carloloner and briski like this.
  14. Ministargazer

Yes Jim,
    We continue along from life to life with the same habits and tendencies and so you would have come into this world knowing how to fight and seeing life as a battleground. As my father who was a radio operator in WW2 used to say, "It was kill or be killed" and he brought back a German luger? pistol and would tell the story behind how he acquired it. I think it shaped his outlook of life after the war as he had no hesitation in getting out a rifle and shooting an animal when the circumstances required it. Fighting in a war seems to bring out the basic instincts (survival of the fittest) and a matter of fact way of looking at life and death or at least that is what I observed in him as a child (not letting emotions enter into the fight for survival). He went on to start a business but the rifles and guns were never far away.

15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

That's exactly how I always saw life Ministargazer and it certainly always felt like kill or be killed. I've PTSD so I'm always in a state of hyper alertness. I can understand why your father kept a 'trophy'. I myself struggle with my instincts to fight and attack even in the most basic of life situations. I've been a very ruthless man but I felt I had to be because I was dealing with ruthless people. I was brutal really. Unfortunately my conscience has been awakened so I struggle with how I've been in the past.

As you probably know I've written in my current life. I've also wrote in my eighteenth century life and my early twentieth century life so I guess its not all violence and mayhem.

16. Yannovitch

Yannovitch Member

As someone interested in reincarnation for a long time, but not having any personnal past lives memories, i would say that this is kind of the typical patterns i would expect from real reincarnation studies.
    To make it more clear, i would expect most reincarnational occurences to hold strong similarities, even patterns that seem somehow unescapable. It is very hard to change one tendencies and character, and you need to take a lot of distance from yourself to do so.
    An average or even below person recalling a past life as a king/ great character / superstar almost holds very little credibility to me... Altough a different path might have been chosen in this life, there would have to be some strong left over of charisma and so on. Because in the real world nobody come out of the sky to help you escape your fate.
    Karma in unescapable, and our personalities are like burden that we have a lot of troubles to escape from. So a cycle of war-like lives seem quite plausible to me, especially considering warfare is a common occurence in humanity history, and soldiers are found everywhere.

How many lives do you recall as a soldier? how precise and clear are your memories? What have you been doing in this life?

briski likes this.
  17. Ministargazer

Yes Jim, I think that once a soldier, always a soldier. I never understood that brutal streak in my father, how he could so nonchalantly kill a dog without conscience but maybe it was conditioning from the war. Just the other day I overheard my husband say that my father had told him they had had to halt the tanks when legs and arms from dead bodies got tangled up in the machinery! He also would never let my mother bring lamb into the house because of all the mutton they fed him in the army. He later channelled his knowledge of guns into duck, deer and moose hunting and kept rifles in the house right up until he died.

18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Yannovitch.

I agree with you. Many reincarnationists think we go to extremes of personality in different lives but I haven't found that to be true. I find I'm the same soul expressing itself through different time periods in a different 'suit'. I certainly recognise peoples reactions to me in my pl memories as being similar to my current life anyway.

I'm not an average person and I haven't lived an average life and I find that to be true of my past lives too. Although in most of them I would have lived obscure lives if I hadn't of been involved in conflict. I'm happily living an obscure life this go round because I didn't engage in large scale conflict. I only inspired about fifty people and destroyed one powerful man but I held off on pursuing my conflict further for humanistic reasons. That's the first time I can remember my soul doing that and thus, I've broken the cycle.

I can recall four soldiering lives over a period of a couple of thousand years and one unverified life where I'm not sure who I was.

My memories were more like real time playbacks of past events while I was fully conscious. They didn't feel like memories as they happened, they felt like fresh experiences. Now I remember them just as I remember events from my current life. The life with the most memories is my medieval life and the life with the least memories is my unverified sixteenth? century life.

In my current life I wasn't military but I did infiltrate and fight the powerful. I wouldn't name names because they are all known to the media and it would be currently controversial but that brings up another point to my reincarnation experience. In my experience if one has a famous past life they would most likely have more than one FPL. That's been true for most of my soul group that I know of. The only reason I am not well known currently is because I didn't pursue my fight further. Nobody becomes famous for not having engaged in war after all unless your Gandhi I suppose.

I don't post much details of my current life publically because its still current thus incendiary. I hope this clarifies things though.

Speedwell likes this.
  19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Ministargazer. I found myself in a situation with very powerful and influential people and I found myself instinctively slipping into the role of a soldier for a man who was my superior. I even apologised for expressing my ideas in military terms. I also always wore military style dress. I felt more comfortable and confident in them. Its in my soul I guess.

I've had to put injured animals out of their misery. Killing can become a practical necessity. Its like anything else. One gets used to it. I'm glad I haven't had to kill anyone in my current life though. If this is indeed a new chance I've been more successful currently than in my past lives. Yet I don't think being a soldier ever leaves you.

20. Ministargazer

Hi Jim,
    A lot of what we have done in past lifetime is ingrained in us and now we find ourselves wondering, why do I do this and where did this come from? You are the sum total of everyone you've ever been and I agree, there are a lot of qualities that military people have that I admire, such as self-discipline, organization, resourcefulness, practical skills etc. but from what I observed in my Dad, it also makes you a bit harsh and critical, if you "can't keep up" with the rest. I also remember some of his words - "the music was all we had" "we never knew if we were going to come back alive at the end of the day so we lived for the songs" of that era WW2, "The White Cliffs of Dover" "Lili Marlene". He was a no nonsense sort of guy but definitely an achiever. I sometimes wonder if the army had something to do with his worldly success. I'm glad that you've been able to control "the soldier in you" this time around, stop and smell the roses and enjoy life.