Recieving information from a source

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by John Tat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Like in Christianity, there are hints that it might have been there, passed on as secret knowledge that was only taught to a select few. There are passages in the Book of the Dead that seem to show it. Also, I recall two frescos that seemed to show the Ba leaving a dying man and flitting off to re-animate a newborn baby. Unfortunately, I can not remember the tomb at the moment, so take the above with a huge grain of salt.

2. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Blueheart

Thanks for the clarification. What I actually thought was they believed in a spiritual afterlife but needed to experience through a physical body. Hence physical life. I really want to understand Your link gave me plenty of information.. I'm a little confused about this particular point. Your link said .... This afterlife was a continuation of the life in the hear and now. It went on to say their tombs were left with food and so on and they were also given servants in the form of little statuettes

If it is possible I need to understand how this physical side including the mummification of their physical bodies worked for them in the spiritual. Is it true what I found on another site? That it was unacceptable to them that they could feel and touch without a physical body?.. I really need to put this all together and understand

Regards

3. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I found this:

And this:

I read "Initiation" recently and learned quite a few things about the early Egyptians; I liked the book.

4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Blueheart:

I agree that the Egyptians used hieroglyphics as hieroglyphics, but according to the article section linked, they also used certain hieroglyphic symbols (glyphs) to represent consonants (what the article refers to as unilateral signs). This was something I didn't know and found interesting. So, any word they represented in this way is generally going to present the same problem as ancient Hebrew--vowel guess-work.

The feather looking symbol shown in the ancient vizier's name is identified in the article as the glyph for flowering reed and is said to be used as an initial or final vowel (though sometimes it can be "j") which I suppose is one of the reasons why they can include it in a list that supposedly only includes consonants. It may also represent the feather of Maat for all I know. I don't know enough about Egyptian symbols to say--it certainly looks more like a feather than a flowering reed to me. I'm just going by what's in the Wikipedia article linked.

I definitely agree with you about "reincarnation" in the ancient Western religions, including the Abrahamic ones. So, I wouldn't be surprised to find this as a hidden or secret doctrine underlying the religion of ancient Egypt as well. One of the things that interests me about John's sources is that they seem to be telling him that he will need to go through the "second death" before he can reincarnate. The "second death" is terminology that is used in certain Western occult circles to indicate the death/dissipation of the current identity, which persists after the the death of the physical body in the form of the astral body (and perhaps other even more refined bodies) in order to take on the continuing or real identity of the soul or ____ (insert preferred terminology).

Also, I am fascinated (especially as something of a Michael Newton fan) by the possible correspondence between the Ankh (Spiritual Body) and what Newton refers to as the "SOUL"--which never actually leaves its particular domain, but merely projects a portion of itself (ba/ka; soul/spirit) during incarnation. So, interesting stuff.

Cordially,

S&S

5. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

Some can communicate their higher self's knowledge better than others...also this information, as ANY is nothing new. There is nothing new under the Sun! We know know far less than our ancestors ever knew during the time of Atlantis.

The fellow(Jhani) who wrote a book I hold high esteem had a Guru in the 70's and he has kept in touch with him during his lifetime and AFTER! He wrote a book and I take his word pretty much as high as I would any other Indian author or esoteric fellow of high regard. (Actually, my former-teacher had the same guru) He did not say he was channeling his guru but the bond between guru and disciple are so strong that they can keep in touch in dreams. Now you might ask me what the difference is between him and other so called experts who channeled ancient spirits or entities for their knowledge, I'd say I knew the Guru and he was a real person who had extraordinary abilities?...I also have 2 of his books that were transcribed from his audio lectures! I cannot say this for the others, of course.

As for Egyptians; as far as I understand; they did not believe in reincarnation and I have asked this from people who studied the subject in depth.

6. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

John,

Nobody can tell you what your "source" means! Only you, can figure that out. However it seems that the message is not very clear and a bit confusing...I think, perhaps it would be wise to seek knowledge/advice from other venues too, just MHO...

Cheers!

7. John Tat

Receiving information from a source.. What does that mean and how do you know when a source has contacted you?

First of all you must be very confident in both your physical and pure spiritual self

It is also very important to trust you spiritual self, and not allow your physical imagination to run wild.

You must have complete faith in the spiritual you because a source contacts the spiritual you not the physical you

One of the first things my source did was to educate me on how to trust the pure spiritual me that allowed me, the pure me to understand the contact that had been made

To begin I always meditate to contact the pure spiritual me.

I believe most can do that. You just allow yourself to drift and have an image of what you want the pure spiritual you to look like, then start to chat to him/her. It could take a short time (weeks) or a long time (months) before contact is made. When you do make contact you will know, believe me

After I have made contact with the pure spiritual me which can be anything from almost immediately to several minutes, I then if I want to from deep down in the pure spiritual me ask if my source is there. Sometimes my source is there waiting for me

I cannot explain the difference between physical imagination and actual contact with a source It is profound and you need to experience to understand. But if it happens to you, you will know

The frustrating part about all of this is.. when you have made a direct contact with the pure spiritual you and also a source if you have one the flood gates do not open.. You must earn everything.. that is one way you know it's not your imagination

You always have a massive amount of questions with very few answers. You have all of these questions because of the contacts and what they talk about.. Learning and understandings goes in levels.. Something you thought you understood goes to a higher level of understanding months later

I could write hundreds of pages about all of this but that is enough to give an idea of what contacting a source is about

8. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I think that was the goal, actually. To continue to exist , to have a pleasurable life, after their physical bodies had failed. There was a ceremony, called the opening of the mouth and eyes ceremony that was performed after the 70 day process of desiccation and mummification. It was supposed to re-animate the person. Not the body, obviously, but the Ka. (I think it was the Ka. I'll try and look it up to be more certain next time.)

I keep meaning to get back to this thread and write more, but once again, I have run out of time. Soon, I hope.

9. John Tat

Hi Blueheart

Thanks for the reply... Maybe you are the guardian my source was referring to. Something I know is important is...my source talks about the symbol of the Ankh and the connection it has to the Christian religion. I have done some research and have seen the emblem is very close to the Christian cross and that there was some type of cross over between the two. But I need to understand much more than that... can you help.. because my source use's the symbolisations in the bible to help me, which I believe he does because that is the easiest for me to understand

Regards

10. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Both Christianity and ancient Egyptian beliefs place an emphasis on 'resurrection' and an eventual 'eternal life'. They have other commonalities in the worship of a 'sun God' (Ra) who's 'son' (Osiris) came to Earth, died and was resurrected. But then, most of the world's religions have lots of elements in common. Some matriarchal and some patriarchal threads have persisted since time immemorial. Some of their origins have been lost in the mists of time. A lot of them are about worshipping the natural cycles of the Earth and the heavens.

This is no coincidence, because as Christianity spread around the world it picked up ideas and elements from earlier religions and they all got incorporated into the 'narrative'. You might find this interesting. It traces some of the connections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_in_comparative_mythology

11. John Tat

Hi Blueheart

Last night my source told me "Ra was never a god" Yet when I reserched it, Ra was something like the king of gods

Does this mean anything to you? This is what happens.. something is told to me that makes no sense, then I must try and find the answers myself

Regards

12. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I was refreshing my memory about the Ka, and I came across this, which might help you. It is from 100 Hieroglyphs: Think Like an Egyptian by Barry Kemp.

"A prayer in a tomb illustrates the different elements Egyptians believed made up their being. Amenemhat, a scribe, prays that all of these parts of himself will live on in the afterlife: his Ka, the memorial tablet at his tomb (through which his name would be kept alive), his ba, his destiny, his life, his "illumination," his body, his shadow, his place of origin, his upbringing, his personal creator-God (Khnum), "all his modes of being," each and every one of them described as a "god." "

So, what are we to make of that, here in 2015? Was Amenemhat just prone to verbosity? How much of what he indicated he believed was also believed by others, in other words, was it his own idea versus a widespread belief, or was it only known to those who could read and write, or was it only known to high priests? We just can not say for certain.

My own opinion is that the ancient Egyptians had a much more elastic grasp of esoteric things than we do. Things that we would find contradictory, and would, therefore, reject one in favor of another, they were quite ok to have exist side-by-side. To them, both could be true.

I also think we may be doing them a disservice to just grasp on to the Ka, for example, because it is something we think we can relate to with our concept of spirit, and disregard the importance of the memorial tablet. It seems Amenemhat thought them both equally important.

I am really intrigued that Amenemhat included "his destiny" in the mix. I would love to know what he meant by that. Sounds like pre-planning to me.

13. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Tutankhamun and his Ka.

The god on the left, all in white, is Osiris. He is god of the underworld who was, as tanguerra mentioned, resurrected for a short time by Isis. The middle figure is King Tutankhamun being greeted by the god. Behind Tut, with his hand on his shoulder, is Tut's Ka.

It was thought that the Ka was one's spiritual double, made by the creator at the same time the body was made. The two were thought to share the same womb.

Tut's Ka is holding an ankh in his hand, which was thought of as the breath of life.

My personal opinion of the drawn symbol is that the Christian cross removed the female part, replaced it with a male part, and then the meaning of it changed accordingly. I admit, I am probably not the best person to ask if you are looking for an un-jaded opinion of the correlation of ancient Egyptian religious beliefs with Christianity.

14. John Tat

Hi Blueheart

The following is very sketchy, and not really understood by me. You were talking about Amenemhat.. my source talked about someone who's name did sound something like that a long time ago.. What I can remember went something like this... Amenemhat or a name similar to that believed he had reincarnated back from the distant future and bought great knowledge back with him. That did not sit well with many religious leaders of that time. Like on many other occasions. Only now a long time after a communication does that communication make some sense to me

So if he did reincarnate back from the future he may have already seen his destiny before he reincarnated back to ancient Egypt and why that was very important to him. Or more likely he wanted it there for him to see in some future incarnation

As I have said it's very difficult for me to analyse much of what my source talks about. That was the best I could do on that issue at the time

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  15. John Tat

I have asked my source several time to clarify why Ra was not a god. The following appears to be a little over the top to me but it is the best I could understand about his reply

I will word it as best I can,. It's difficult for me to not only have some understandings but also to put it into words....The following is the best I can do.....

What is both confusing and misunderstood by ancient Egyptian scholars is both the meaning and interruption of the word "god" and what it meant to ancient Egyptians. In many instances modern interruptions of a god has sent scholars down the wrong path. Who and what gods were to ancient Egyptians is not properly understood by the scholars. What was written can only be fully understood by those who wrote them.

Many things that were written not only about gods but many other things were like modern day novels and were never meant to represent the truth. They were fantasies of how things may be or may become, that were told (quoted) over and over and over again as symbolic nothing more. It is this distinction between fact and fiction that has not and will never be understood. Ancient Egyptians loved a good story just as we do

Most interpretations of Ancient Egypt are nothing more than educated guess's and do not represent the truth

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  16. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

John,

That actually sounds pretty sensible to me, though I don't have enough knowledge to say whether it is ultimately correct.

S&S

17. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Yes, I too, have found that an answer doesn't really tell me anything and just leads to more questions. And, yup, I agree with your summation that modern people probably get a lot wrong about what the Egyptians thought and believed.

That said, Ra IS a bit different, but not being an expert, I am having a hard time figuring out why I think so and backing it up with clear examples.

The sun god, Ra, is the god that they seem to have combined the most with other gods, such as Ra-Harakhty and Amun-Ra. Amun has always been curious to me, as he was the god of hidden things and kept in darkness.

Spirits (akh) are referred to as perfect incarnations of Ra.

The sun itself was split into various concepts; like the sun at dawn (Ra-Harakhty), the sun at full noon (The Aten), etc.

18. John Tat

I'm beginning to understand but need to understand much more. Ra the sun god and the Christian god appear almost identical. Christians believe that there god created everything and are surrounded by his creations.

So in retrospect they believe their god created Ra. I do not believe in any god that is why I find all of this very interesting

I understand that has nothing to do with ancient Egyptian belief's

I feel very strongly that my source was accurate about many writings from ancient Egypt were like modern day novels, That they were fictional.

Interpretation of all ancient texts both Christian and Egyptian heavily rely upon the credibility of the authors and their personnel and political motives. In other words you cannot believe everything you read. That was a strong message from my source.

I will keep asking and searching why my source claims that Ra was never a god

Maybe just maybe he understood if he was there way back then that Ra was a fictional god.. just as many Christian priests and Ministers believe about their god. That also may be why I do not believe in any god

19. John Tat

Blueheart

I have research some of the gods you mentioned. In the hieroglyphs of the names there is a circle with a dot in the middle...what is that? Why I ask is.. since I was a child I have seen that emblem and still do several times a week. It is always bright green and the centre dot revolves clockwise within the outer circle and spreads out into many green dots until they reach the outer circle then they collapse and go back to one green dot, then the cycle starts again.. Does that mean anything to you?

Regards

20. John Tat

I must also mention something else I have seen as a child and still do... it is similar but not the same which I do not think has relevance to the above but it may, that's why I thought I would mention it. It is again a green circle with what is best described as a green cross and ex in the middle that cross each other and divides the circle into sections. Again this inner part revolves clockwise within the outer circle. That's all it does. It does not change shape or size