Recieving information from a source

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by John Tat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. KenJ

KenJ Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

2. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Thanks Ken... I found those very informative..

S&S Its my opinion there is little or nothing to be gained from BB and my source if we keep going back to names and circumstances we already believe mostly through faith are true
    They come from a time when things were viewed differently.. just a couple of examples.. they always talk about lands the the north south east and west of Egypt and also refer to those people as coming from those regions.. My brain is very tired right now but I will give just one example that took plenty of time to understand what was being communicated.. even then its not 100% accurate
    BB talked about a land to the north that was invaded by a foreign king. A great king of Egypt (maybe many were great to him) went to this northern land and with his loyal servants and the help of Amun drove this foreign king from the lands of the peoples of the north... the people of the north saw the power of Egypt and there gods and understood what had happened.. The people of the north adopted Amun as one of there gods to not only protect them from foreign kings but to be in favor with Egypt
    From this I get....the pharaohs were very interested in not only having peoples from other countries fear them so they could use them and there countries for the benefit of Egypt but also converting the people to the religion and gods of Ancient Egypt
    What land BB is talking about I have no idea ... there are plenty to choose from.. these are the situations where I need more meditations to find out more details.. I want to know who the pharaoh was...that's just the beginning

Regards

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

What you're saying basically echoes what I'm trying to say: whatever I come up with has to make sense from an Egyptian perspective more than a Hebrew (Bible) perspective, because that is the perspective that BB is going to come from.

However, having said that, there are definitely some situations where things like you mentioned occurred. They not only come up in the Bible, but in secular history as well. Israel was a small kingdom to the north of a large empire (Egypt), and between Egypt and other large kingdoms and empires north of Canaan/Israel. So, Israel was not only a natural pathway for trade between these large Kingdoms/empires and Egypt, but a natural pathway for warfare, and often a prize of war wrestled over by Egypt and its competitors farther north, like Assyria and Babylon. So, I'll look into the history and give you the names of some Pharoahs that might fit the description you give. Blueheart and a variety of other history buffs can also do so. It's an interesting area, and one that does get fairly substantial play in the Bible, so I might even find something useful there.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I'll start out with one who may be the most obvious candidate, as he is considered by many to be the greatest Pharaoh, the "Napoleon of Egypt", due to his long reign and many conquests, greatly expanding the power of Egypt: Thutmose III. See if any of this rings any bells with BB--From this site https://discoveringegypt.com/ancien...s/thutmose-iii-the-napoleon-of-ancient-egypt/ :

"Thutmose III is often compared to Napoleon, but unlike Napoleon he never lost a battle. He conducted sixteen campaigns in Palestine, Syria and Nubia and his treatment of the conquered was always humane. He established a sort of “Pax Egyptica” over his empire. Syria and Palestine were obliged to keep the peace and the region as a whole experienced an unprecedented degree of prosperity. His impact upon Egyptian culture was profound. He was a national hero, revered long after his time. Indeed, his name was held in awe even to the last days of ancient Egyptian history. His military achievements brought fabulous wealth and his family resided over a golden age that was never surpassed."

This definitely sounds like someone BB would refer to as a Great King. Also, check out: http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/notes/thutmose3.html; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thutmose_III; etc. If this seems like a likely candidate, you may wish to check out the cites referenced, and I will look into his impact in terms of Canaan/Israel.

Cordially,
    S&S

5. John Tat

Hi S&S Thanks for that... That not the pharaoh...As I said last time my brain is tired in fact it's exhausted .. there has been plenty of serious stuff going on lately... Last night as I always do when I get like this I have what I call relaxation meditations... to help re energize my brain.. they are therapeutic mediation I suppose.. I just drift along with no pressure and allow it to take wherever.. My mother was there helping me... I did not see here but I knew she was there .. She said the pharaoh is Amen... I said Amen? she said yes.. Ahmes.. the pharaoh was Ahmes... I googled Ahmes this morning and found Ahmos 1
    a pharaoh I have never heard anything about.. My brain is to exhausted and that combined with the difficulty I have with complicated written words I left it at that.. When I fell better I will research it more... maybe you can help with that?

Regards

6. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I'll see what I can find. Rest up!

S&S

7. John Tat

Hi S&S I'm still not right but I have done a little research on Ahmos 1...It appears from the little I have found what BB passed onto me about a great king who went to the lands of the north is accurate especially about what he did and how he went about it
    As you know this is not the first time what has been passed onto me is accurate.
    It makes me wonder about the many things that have been passed onto me that cannot be proven and are also accurate...for example A sun god from Egypt made his way north to the people of the north and over time evolved into not only a sole god but a universal god... That must be Yahweh the Hebrew god. I use those words not in disrespect but for those who only read a couple of posts

Regards

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  8. John Tat

I have don a little research to see if there are any connections between Y the HG and a sun god... The following I found almost immediately so its not hidden and is there for all to see
    They are mosaic images of the zodiac with the image of a sun god in the center.. and have been found in many Hebrew synagogues I have included some writing setting out where some have been found..Some of the sun gods are anthropomorphize... I had no idea what that meant so I looked it up... it means depicted as human... they gave the Easter bunny as an example
    What is significant is.. the sun god is depicted as the center of it all.. or could it be translated to ...Y the HG is the center of it all SUN Disk 2.png SUN Disk 2.png SUN DIISK 2.png SUN GOD 8.png

There were other images but two was enough

9. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I'm aware of Zodiac mosaics in Jewish synagogues in the New Testament period and after. The Zodiac was taken seriously by the ancients, and also formed a popular decorative motif. The style used in Jewish structures of the period is apparently Roman (according to the articles I have read), and in some the typical occupant of the center of the Zodiac in Roman works--Sol (the sun)--is shown as typically shown in gentile versions from the same era. There is plenty written about this in various locations, but no one takes it for a sign of sun worship or anything similar. Besides, it is very "late" in the history of Israel. I would find it a bit more interesting if you found evidence of this type from a millenium or so earlier, where it might reflect more on the origins and early years of Jewish monotheism.

Jumping back to Ahmose I, he is most notable for expelling the Hyksos from a portion of northern Egypt. The Hyksos are a fairly mysterious group who migrated into (or conquered) the area centuries before and were driven out by Ahmose I. Interestingly, after defeating them militarily he allowed the remainder to leave rather than annihilating them, and they were said to have made a mass migration into Canaan and more-or-less taken over the area and built Jerusalem according to some ancient sources. These were claimed to be the ancient Israelites by Josephus, an ancient Jewish source (who is not held to be be particularly credible by many) as well as by some other scholars, but their identity is unclear. You can read some more about them at the following site, but I would recommend anything you can find about Ahmose I and the Hyksos on Wikipedia as a general source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Hyksos#Manetho_and_Josephus

And, some more is here: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...ar-eastern-world/the-expulsion-of-the-hyksos/

I have seen some sites that attempt to weave together what is known from Egyptian history with the Biblical narrative with mixed results. Here is one that comes to some fairly interesting conclusions: http://www.biblehistory.net/newsletter/moses_pharaoh.htm

Even more interesting is the presence of the tetragrammaton (YHWH) in some ancient Egyptian records. Here is a short account: http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=7493

Here is a much longer scholarly analysis: http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2010/03/08/The-Name-Yahweh-in-Egyptian-Hieroglyphic-Texts.aspx

Apparently, the Egyptians of this period were not averse to incorporating foreign deities into their worship and renaming them after their Egyptian counterparts, but did not do so with Y, which indicates to the authors that Y was not considered to be a deity "friendly" to Egypt, etc. So, much of interest in this area, but all is unclear.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Anything further from BB on this issue?

10. John Tat

Hi S&S I'm searching fo the truth about Y the HG and his connection to the sun gods of Egypt... that's what I'm trying to do.. I have found numerous reports that the ca Canaanites were worshiping a sun god from around 1500 BC But I cannot find real proof that happened only reports it did.. With these things I search for proof just as I do with what is communicated to me
    To brush the mosaic images off as not relevant concerns me... After all the were in synagogues and could not be a more blatant violation of the second commandment "Thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Craven Image" If you read what I have attached the sun gods in the synagogues were obviously acceptable at the time... Why?...well that is the 64 million dollar question
    The sun god is not Sol the Roman sun god but Helios the Greek sun god.. These are the types of clues I'm looking for in the evolution of Y the HG.. Just as many things Greek they originally came from Egypt
    I have attached some things of interest I have found The first in the sun disk of Aten shining down Akhenaten and his family.. The next is an image from a modern day synagogue.. looks very similar to me
    the other image just looks like the sun again from a modern synagogue... I think both represent the sun maybe you know... but why this fascination with the sun? Zodiac.png ATEN 1.png AMUN.png AMUN 3.png Zodiac.png

Regards

11. KenJ

12. SeaAndSky

Hi Ken/John,

The Biblical Archeology person reminds me of some of the articles I read on the zodiac mosaics by Jewish authors. Basically, they are all surprised and sometimes a bit aghast that such a thing is in THE SYNAGOGUE! Horrors!

One I read basically, albeit painfully, admitted that the ancestors must not have understood the whole no "image" thing the same way that Jews do now. However, in terms of the origins of the worship of Y I don't think these things prove such worship is derived from sun worship any more than the gargoyles on ancient cathedrals prove that Christian worship is derived from gargoyles. At various times, trends for decor and decoration in places of worship go through various phases, sometimes fairly fantastical, and sometimes rather austere. Frankly, I just think this was the style in up-scale synagogues in the NT era and for a few centuries thereafter. As an example of the swing from more highly decorated/image laden to less decorated/image laden, many beautiful works of art located in great cathedrals were ravaged/removed by the protestant reformers during the reformation period. These folks were, like many of the Jews studying these ancient mosaics, aghast and opposed to such things being in a house of worship. Consequently, churches in denominations of this type--Presbyterian, Reformed, etc.--tend to be rather stark (basic white was and is popular) when compared to Catholic churches.

In terms of other speculation vis-a-vis the origins of monotheistic worship in the Judeo-Christian tradition, you can find all kinds of theories out there. So, not too impressed by the two part website theorizing on that matter. However, it is good that it is trying to go back to a much earlier period. As noted, these mosaics are waaaaaay after the beginning of the religion. Whatever BB is talking about would go back--according to him--to the period of Ahmose I, Moses, etc.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Religious syncretism--i.e., bringing other gods and rites for such gods into, and combining them with, the worship of Y--is one of the big issues in the OT. Many OT stories tell how the Hebrews started doing that kind of thing, and brought divine punishment on themselves. So, there are plenty of records of that happening and Astarte, Asherah and other gods creeping into the worship of the people. This inevitably led to punishment of some kind by Y, then eventually a rekindling of faithfulness and relationship. So, it will be no surprise to find evidence of other gods/worship sneaking in here and there in the history of Judaism.

13. John Tat

Hi Ken Thanks for giving me those links they appear to be very informative. With the problems I have in comprehending complicated written words it will take me a little time to wade through them all
    Its becoming more and more obvious to me that the god Y of today is very different to the god Y of 1000 BC...of the the god Y at the time of the mosaics in the synagogues.... the god Y of 500 years ago and even the god Y of 100 years ago .. He has been continually molded by the scholars into what he is today.. that gives me great pause....why would a perfect god need to continually changed?
    From the little I can at this point understand from your links and what I have found... the sun and sun gods are there throughout the history of Y
    Jewish prayers as late as the Greek period sometime explicitly identified Y as Helios the sun god... an example of a Jewish prayer given was "Hail Helios thou god in heaven your name is almighty"
    Its becoming more and more obvious to me that what was communicated to me about Y being a sun god from Egypt has some merit.. Over long periods of time who the original sun god and/or god was appears to be bound up in a complicated web of intrigue of who believed what and when they believed it

Regards

14. KenJ

Looking at this list of areas that had a Sun-God it might seem normal to have reference to it everywhere as S&S implied about gargoyles.

As for the changes in the character/beliefs of Y, it is obvious that the same thing has happened to the Sun-God to the point that he/it is no longer recognized in most of the regions in that link.

I wish that I could contribute more, but you, Blueheart, and S&S have created an interesting thread.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  15. John Tat

Hi Ken...Yes you are right the sun god is no longer recognized in most of the religions in the link...As I said I'm searching for the evolution of "Y" where did he come from? A sun god who evolved into something else...lets say"Y" then over time the belief in "Y" not only evolved as a sole god but a universal god and his original name was lost to history does not change who he is... "Y" is very likely just another name for Amun the sun god who's connection to "Y" has been lost to history.. as I have said Amun also spelt Amen is far more than a coincidental link between Amun the sun god and "Y"

Regards

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  16. KenJ

John, I have a confession to make to you. I originally thought you were less than I now see you as and I apologize for my judgemental attitude. I also felt that you were being led about by a departed being that had remained tied to Earth, which I think has been shown to be true - I'm glad to see you distancing yourself from him despite the interest he generated.

The conflict, at least in my mind, is that you seem to be speaking about the Gods that reign over the people of the Earth while S&S speaks of the God that created the people and the Earth which caused some confusion for me. My only understandings about ancient Egypt come from readings of Edgar Cayce and the book Initiation by Elisabeth Haich plus what I get from the internet. The only "memory" that I have that might be Egypt-related is a glimpse/picture with feelings (memory) of levitating a monolith with sound.

The other conflict is that this very interesting thread (now termed Discussion) has turned, perhaps, too much into Religion rather than Past Life (and I have been a contributor to that end). The primary saving grace is your contact with BB and his communication.

17. John Tat

Hi Ken... Thanks for that.... As you infer this topic about who was and is the original god is best left at the point we got to... Just a last thought.....We would not exist without the sun... Who would the Egyptian sun god Amun be if he was the god of all of the suns just not ours? We , the Egyptians never said he was only the god of our sun.. It really does come down to how you define who and why a god is the only true god...A god of all the suns would be a true definition of the only true god..taking "Y" with him in that definition
    Regards

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  18. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

Your last sentence is moving deeper into the heart of this matter. At this point, you seem to be close to elevating Amun to the status of Y.

In a polytheistic (multi-god) framework, Amun would not be in a completely different category from other "gods"--Amun would just be one of the "gods", even if he is wiser or more powerful, or even the father in a family of gods descended from him via a goddess (as with Zeus and the Greek gods).

In a monotheistic framework, lesser beings can be powerful enough to be classified as "gods", but they are still not in the same category as GOD, anymore than you or I are in the same category as GOD.

The primary difference to me is that the supreme GOD is the creator of lesser "gods" just as he is the ultimate creator of all other things. I say ultimate creator, because the supreme GOD may create lesser beings ("gods") and authorize and empower them to create and govern in more limited ways/areas under his control the way any large organization works under a "Boss". However, the lesser "gods" (whether they are "god" of the Nile or whatever) have no power except that delegated to them by the supreme and overarching GOD who created them just like he ultimately created everything else.

If this is how you see Amun, then I would say that you are close to saying that Amun is just another name for Y. However, as Ken points out, we need to keep bringing this back to BB as a putative past life in order to keep within Board guidelines, so another question would be how BB deals with these issues?

Cordially,
    S&S

19. John Tat

S&S BB believes Amun who evolved into Amun -Ra... king of all the gods ... who was worshiped well beyond the borders of Egypt.. who became so powerful he was seen as almost single god who evolved into Amun-Ra over 1500 years before Exodus was written in 5 BC... with his name Amun also spelled Amen still used to this day by the Jews and Christians at every one of there religious ceremony's...
    the worshiping of sun gods by the believers in "Y" even calling the sun god "Y" the sun still on display in synagogues today to BB all points to who the true god is ... all the the gods of today evolved from Amun Ra that's what BB believes.. the proof is there for all to see .... as you know the proof does not end with Amen

Regards

20. John Tat

Hi S&S Once again I'm really tired... It's happening more and more as time goes on... I just read the entire discussion we had about the gods and realized it was a waste of time from both of us... I have very serious things going on right now that completely drains me... and brings a whole new perspective to me... The truth about the whole god thing has just struck me.... What will be will be....making our discussion unworthy

Regards