Recieving information from a source

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by John Tat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

John, I just watched a video on this link (about half way down the article) that you might find helpful as it explains much that is being said. The article itself is about Quantum Theory and Consciousness and gives an example of Materialism vs what they term Post-Materialism, the next video on near-death experiences is good also - very interesting research and videos.

Incidentally John, the second video also gives a good example of Native Son's comment of having someone Slap them as it mentions the limitations of Socrates' logic, something that would limit them in their ability to grasp the two-slit experiment that demonstrates the power of Consciousness as it influences photons. I think that these videos are fairly easy to understand and may broaden your thought process somewhat if the principles are unfamiliar to you.

I also agree with you about Native Son's reluctance to participate with personal experiences.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

HI John,

I am curious,

Do you have any memories of being in Egypt as a child? IF so - can you share the circumstances for which you were placed? Born? Brought? Did you receive any higher training?

3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Deborah... Yes I do have some memories of being a young child in Ancient Egypt.. some I could not share ,, but one I have often wondered what was going on and what it meant... maybe you know
    I would not have been any more the 5 years ..,..I was taken by my parents to what I would assume was a temple There was a priest there and women dressed in white and red ...I could not see very well it was not a well lit place... Then two men bought in a lion.. the priest came to me with a knife and cut my right arm... Then the two men bought the lion to the priest... and right in front of me the priest cut the lions throat and killed him. He had a container and gathered up some of the lions blood .. He then cut my other arm and undressed me and painted me with the blood of the lion as everyone there knelt and prayed or chanted I'm not sure..Then they bought to me a small statue of Ra and gave it to me .. These things are not easy to talk about ... Yes I do remember receiving higher training .. which I may talk about later... I'm interested if you know of this ritual I went through as a child... that's the main reason I shared it

Regards

4. Native Son

Native Son Member

KenJ, the second video mentions Aristotelian "logic", and not Plato's/Socrates'. Aristotle broke away from his master Plato when it came to materialism and the unseen world. Aristotle, although he was convinced that something like the soul exists, still, he concentrated and gave preference to the material world, thinking that the material came before the non material soul. Aristotle searched for answers in the material world. Plato reflects Socratic ideology/philosophy, with a touch of Pythagorean principles, and a whole lot of Parmenides'/Zeno's logic/dialectics. And if one were to look into Quantum Mechanics, and the Quantum Mechanics theory advocates, one would discover that these advocates, at least the Copenhagen quantum physicists of the 1960s, relate to us, that of all the ancient cosmological accounts and explanation of the laws of physics, Plato's cosmology comes closest to our current understanding of the cosmos (fundamental law of nature). And again, in reference to the first link and the argument putting forth the idea that consciousness (mind) is prior to the material universe, based on Quantum Mechanics, and especially the double slit experiment, is clearly addressed within Plato's dialogues. And I ask here, where else one is apt to find OBE, NDE, reincarnation, science, and theology getting on so well with each other, and put forth in such a manner to have withstood the test of time with little or no tempering along the way, as in Plato's work?

Regarding my slap simile, it's not Aristotelian "logic", because it's both yes and no, as far as your understanding of it. In a nutshell, subjectivity needs a slap (objectivity) to confirm anything subjectively perceived of the non physical world, as the nature of it requires. Yes, it's similar to the extremes/exceptions pointed out by Dr. Greyson, and how a brain is effected when it is injured by a blow or disease. Here I was meaning the opposite, as when one gets amnesia by a blow to the head, and applying the law of cure of, like cures like, another blow, many times, clears away the patient's amnesia. All I meant by the slap is that in extremes, when a brain, any brain, is reluctant to accept reality, such as in self-delusion, or an hysterical person, or one that is a schizophrenic, or paranoid, or manic, etc., extremes and unorthodox methods are necessary, in the hope of making the sick and irrational brain see what we all plainly see. However, on the same token, what we all are supposed to see is questionable in our world, as history has shown that few have seen truth, but many blindly follow, and imitate, and propagate. Or as better put, and this was the meaning of the founders of the mysteries when they said, ’Many are the wandbearers but few are the mystics.’ There are only a handful, in my opinion, that have caught a glimpse of the "other side" of the coin, and even less who can reliably, precisely, and truthfully relate it to all. Just like, there are many that will profess belief, but will not follow that belief, as only the few act upon that belief. But perhaps this latter part is not appropriate for discussion.

I also agree with you in telling John that what you provided with the link, covers a good deal of what we are discussing. The videos are both about science and the medical field getting together, and attempting at getting nearer to truth. It is a good link for the skeptics, and just a primer relating to an indirect way for corroborating reincarnation. However, I disagree with Dr. Grayson's opinion for the reason why we have NDE patients giving inconsistent descriptions of what they observe and the place they visit during these episodes, and is illogical by any class of logic he mentions. He feels that these patients lack the proper language knowledge of the other world and of the things they see there, therefore, according to him, each patient experiencing an NDE describes what they have seen and heard based on their earthly knowledge, and even religious beliefs. A careful reflection of this reasoning by Dr. Greyson, and those that reason likewise, will show it to be unjustified and illogical on many aspects, and as also based on many other accounts. For instance, Christian NDE patients often see and meet with Jesus, whereas Buddhists NDE patients do not. Therefore what do those who are Christians see in their NDE, that would make them relate to us that they meet Jesus, but not the ones that are Buddhists? Was not Jesus a man? And was not Buddha also a man? I am certain that many of these NDE modern Christian patients who are familiar with Jesus, also know of Buddha, and vice versa for the Buddhists NDE patients.

But if I were to clearly state my reason for the slap simile, it's more in line with Plato's cave allegory, and the slap was meant as a forceful method of attempting to remove the chains from those cave prisoners unwilling to leave their "holographic" world of shadows. Or as Socrates really meant, telling the movie goers that it's just a movie that is being projected, and what they are observing on the cave walls, so don't let your emotions get the best part you, your soul. What we all see, and smell, and touch, and taste, and most of all hear, is not reality. No, not even what we think we see in our OBEs, or NDEs, or dreams, or even what we fantasy is reality. And perhaps there is some truth when we hear that, in a twinkling of an eye we shall all wake up to real reality, as we are all asleep now, having both common and uncommon dreams with each other. Or perhaps we are all just parts of the One Consciousness that eludes each of us parts, as only the whole can see itself as a whole, and we the parts of the whole can only see parts only. And it fallows that I, as a part, see THIS, and you, as another part, see THAT. This and that put together comes up with one "hell" of One Consciousness. Excuse the expression! But it's a hell of a movie that is being projected in our cave's wall. Would you, as participants, not agree? I say it's all about LOVE when it comes to the real reality. Why even Socrates professed to be an expert in something, and that something was Love. Socrates specialized in the love for truth, philo-sophy. And if it permissible, this last reminds me of a couple of good songs. As this and that religion are all about love and helping out the hopeless, the homeless, the downtrodden, the castaways, the helpless souls among us. It is a royal decree from the One great and wonderful Consciousness, that the better-off parts help the other less fortunate parts, so that we can all be one big happy whole. For existence and life is not concerned with just the happiness of a part of our world, but that the whole should be happy. Who will guard truth, and assure that love of the whole is maintained? We would make our guardians truly guardians, and that we were fashioning the State with a view to the greatest happiness, not of any particular class, but of the whole? The first shall be last and the last first, the decree of justice; love your neighbor as you love yourself, after all we are all adjoined parts of the same One.

5. KenJ

Yes Native Son, I realized later that I had confused Aristotle with Socrates in my sometimes non-detailed thinking that often gets me in trouble. I concur with what you have written, however, I would still like you to contribute some of your personal experiences that are relevant to the purpose of this forum (as I am too easily distracted by those other things that interest me as well).

I might add that I have found it hard to realize that the souls that reside on the other side of the veil still don't understand "reality" and report inconsistent versions (although Socrates seemed to get instruction from spirits that were consistant), or perhaps there is another reason for that. That is why I think that the acceptance of someone else's explanation, or vision, (no matter the location of the spirit) needs to remain in the Both True and False category rather that within the limitation of the True or False limited duality (despite my strong feelings to determine what I just now denied). The things that John writes about concerning Egypt and the issues with his "instructions" and "disagreements" with BB and other Spirit give body to the naked structure so often found in writings in other places.

6. John Tat

Hi Ken and Native Son I'm seeing some of what you talk about for the first time... What I have decided to do is read through and skip those things I do not understand and only read those things I do
    I couldn't find the links you are talking about... My first impressions of all of this is it reminds me of the 1960's and the hippies.. I was not one.. but I went to parties when they were there.. They would smoke weed and start talking about many things.... some I thought at the time were very profound... "Man I can see it all" they used to say..
    It all leaves me with a type of hollow feeling... I feel no real truth or connection to any of it...I don't know why

7. KenJ

John, I underlined the links in post 541 just now. I'm glad that what Native Son and I have put in your thread have been, hopefully, constructive. Your experiences and your sharing them here on the forum have been interesting and helpful, it is the longest thread that I have run across on the entire forum. I'm assuming that the "hollow feeling" that you reference is like the feeling of being left-out - that is how many of us feel when reading about your (and others) "memories".

I was wondering, do you find my posts difficult to understand? I tend to write short post assuming that everyone is on the same page that I'm on without spelling things out properly.

8. John Tat

Yes Ken I am enjoying what you both talk about... It's interesting... my only way of seeing them is through the visions of my own experiences.. As you know I cannot escape who I am and my experiences
    Why do I not understand some of things you write about? Well... It's why I have had to find my own way and why I have very different beliefs than many others and the words I use are different
    Not comprehending what is been written has two side for me.. First as I have talked about my brain does not see things in the same order as most others see them and because of that I do not have an understanding of many subjects and things... so if you write about something I have no understanding about I cannot understand what you are saying... You may find this interesting... I can watch a movie all the way through and enjoy it... but if I try to educate myself from videos and the such that requires me to understand what is being said and then link 30 minutes of information together and understand it...I cannot do it... I go to all of the links that are given to me on the forum because I know they are relevant to all of this.. but usually give up after a couple of minutes ... but I will never stop going to the links and trying

Regards

9. John Tat

Hi Deborah... The following is the most difficult post I have done...Its all so very personal that is the problem You asked about memories of being a child in Ancient Egypt... As you know I only have memories of events I have no clue who I was.. I also have no real idea how many incarnations the memories come from I have many about being a child in Ancient Egypt the same I have of other times in a life but I have no clue if they were from one, two, three, four, five or even more incarnations... they are just memories Just a couple of the more vivid ones

I remember being washed by tipping water over me ... I have no memories of a bath

I remember highly heated discussions between my father and other men about the tribes who were giving them trouble and what to do about it... different to what I can understand of what the scholars talk about the main concerns centered around the tribes responsibilities to Egypt...From the little I remember about these discussions the main concerns were about the tribes doing what was required of them performing what was required of them in an efficient manner.. if they did not then the whole chain they were connected to malfunctioned ... if that makes any sense... Every area had its ways and it was imperceptive all the different faction worked at the same pace

I remember being a bully... even assaulting other children... not the greatest memory to have...I have no memories of being stopped from doing these things

I remember being educated about the gods .. mostly by women...I remember thinking.. who are they to teach me about the god's? When they began to lecture me about my responsibilities and obligations to the god's I would turn on them... Telling them that my father and mother educated me about those things not them

I remember not enjoying going with three woman and always two men to different parts of the city so they could do things that needed to be done.. I remember how bad those places stunk The smell of garbage and human waste was terrible.. I hated going there...Ancient Egypt was not exactly a clean place to live for the majority of Ancient Egyptians

I remember the leaders of the army coming to see my father.. I suppose in today terms they were the generals of Egypt.. I admired them they were different.. They walked different stood different and spoke different... They were different and treated very well... I remember once I asked one of them if I could pray to the gods with him.. We did.. that memory is very vivid

The following are my observations from many memories other than those of a young child.. The way the history is written about Egypt is distorted.. From the little I can understand of what is written only 2% of what life was like in Ancient Egypt is talked when about 98% of the time it was very different... 98% of the time it was all very boring stuff...From my memories 98% of the time was taken up with the day to day running of Egypt What the scholars and experts have missed about Ancient Egypt are its biggest achievements ...with what we began with and how we grew and how we were able to to maintain and develop all off our empire with what was available to us was a massive achievement not understood and sadly not even recognized by the experts and scholars.. That was our biggest
    achievement....These are just a couple of my memories

Regards

Mere Dreamer, KenJ and SeaAndSky like this.
  10. Native Son

Native Son Member

There seems to be many sources from which we are supposed to receive information about our spiritual makeup, and of what the afterlife (astral world) is supposed to be like, and some of the conditions, structure, and activities that take place there. I also peruse some of the earthly sources searching for wisdom, if I able to recognize wisdom, that is. One earthly source, which some may well know here, is Victor Zammit's site. This earthly source cites many spiritual sources. And I, infrequently, in particular, look at his Friday afterlife report. For those that are not familiar with the site, here is the site; http://victorzammit.com/
    Within the site one can access all these Friday Afterlife reports. http://victorzammit.com/archives/index.html As I was looking at the Sep 15, 2017 Friday report, I noticed a link that led to this;
    http://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title=Work As I quickly went over it, is seems to be a compilation of wisdom about the astral world, as related by various spirits (ghosts) who have communicated with various psychics, mediums, and other similar outlets, and these wise accounts have sort of been arranged so as to provide a logical, chronological and accordant account of the afterlife, the purpose of life, and the hierarchy and workings of the higher privileged beings there, (the wiser souls in command) along with the goal line plan for those other less advanced souls. The contents contain just about every answer, for all those possible questions we here discuss.

My first thought on seeing this, all-in-one, everything anyone would want to know about the spirit world, was to reference it here, since this thread is about receiving information from a source. And since it is actually about receiving information from many sources, and John Tat wanted to find out about who's source is more advanced, his or mine, or rather, not just ours, but anyone's else sources, I thought that it would be a good idea to compare some of our sources with those sources contained in this, http://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title=Work and see how they differ or accord, with some of our own subjective experiences of having visions and information about the same things. Plus we could corroborate how reincarnation and knowing about our past lives will be to some advantage in this life for those that are able to envision, naturally, or stimulated through hypnosis (past-life regression) details of their previous life or lives.

Let me be clear, we are not really seeking who's source is more advanced, but rather, we are seeking consistency and corroboration towards the truth of reincarnation, how it works, what is it for, what are we to remember of previous lives (should most of us really need to know? why and what?) And as many have pondered here, is it foul play, or cheating on a test, if we are given to know somethings, or even all, about any of our previous lives? And as a newcomer asked about self-inflicted body abuse with drugs and/or alcohol, is it right for anyone to interfere with someone who is willfully intended on experiencing suffering under the influence of these drugs, by attempting to doctor them, or forcing them to change their ways, especially if a soul, using freewill, had chosen that life of misery before incarnating into it? What if this experience was not an elective, but rather a mandatory part of that soul's educational curriculum for spiritual progression? Or as some others argue, a mandatory karma debt payment? And, and, and......address whatever "and" else comes up during the discussion, if we are allowed to have this discussion on the forum, and also have active participants in this discussion. Are you sitting comfortably in heaven? Get up! and come down here, as there is work to be done.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Mere Dreamer likes this.
  11. John Tat

I will talk about a subject I wrote to myself about in the 57 pages it's best describe as
    CAN YOU EDUCATE YOURSELF TO SEE PREVIOUS INCARNATION MEMORIES?
    This is a complicated and complex subject...Over a long period of time almost all of my abilities have been learnt through BB my spiritual self and source
    As I said before I first became aware of my spiritual self 23 years ago when I was close to death.. and I did in part cross over to him.. that was the first time I became aware of my spiritual self .. From my experience you need to ask yourself am I John Tat the only one with a spiritual self or do we all have one? As I have also said before many of you talk about spirits but fail to acknowledge you have one
    Your spirit is the real you who goes on and on he never dies unlike the many physical entities he occupies.. How did I know I did in part cross over to my spiritual self... just one of many things that happened.. my senses went through the roof... as I have also said before I could even hear the nurses talking at there station outside of the intensive care ward. What is also interesting is... I felt the same only much better or more advanced or something like that .. the point I'm trying to make is.. John Tat and my spiritual self feels the same I felt no different... I was still who I am
    I'm talking about this because in my opinion its important to understand who you are and because of who you are where the memories are
    There is plenty of talk about our souls... as I have said I'm no longer aware of a soul.. just my spiritual self... So before you begin you must be clear in your mind where you are searching for your previous incarnation memories
    Something that may help.....In my opinion that is gained from my own experiences especially how I felt when I did in part cross over to my spiritual self...John Tat was sharing the same consciousness as my spiritual self... That is why everything was the same only much better.. That is our connection to our spiritual self our shared consciousness
    From my experience our spiritual self utilizes our consciousness to a greater degree that is why my senses went through the roof and other things happened .. I was experiencing consciousness as my spiritual self
    Is it because of this knowledge I'm no longer aware of a soul? Very likely.......that we do not have a soul its the shared consciousness that is confused with us having a soul
    So yes my experiences tell me that beyond any doubt you can educate yourself to see previous incarnation memories

12. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Hi,

Yeah I'm here. I have to tell you this thread is SO long and jumps focus so much I don't have time to follow along. John, when I asked if you had memories as a child I meant - did you have memories in this life as a child? From what you have described living in Egypt - your experiences are different than mine. Could be time period, or location. Who knows. I am interested in any memories you have in this life (as a child) of Egypt. ;)

13. John Tat

Hi Deborah No I have no recall as a child of memories of Ancient Egypt... none I can remember anyway... it appears to me... children's previous incarnation memories are thought and/or talked about in a manner that is not consistent or with understanding to how they happen and what they feel like when you do have them... I'm sure you can imagine how I must feel if you know how something is and you are surrounded by nothing but misconceptions of how it is.. In my limited way I have done my best to explain what its like and that is the best I can do... when you ask do I have memories as a child of Ancient Egypt its possible I did.. I will explain...I now believe almost all children have previous incarnation memories.. its just something that happens.. I have done my own research based around this belief of mine
    for example... I have looked at a young child straight in the eye who is doing something I can relate to ... usually something naughty and tell them don't worry we all go through this we all are not sure
    Not every time,,,,,,,but the look of relief on there faces tells me that they did at least have some understanding of what I said... Why do they not remember as they get older? because the memory did not have a big enough impact on them to create a permanent memory ... so when you ask me about having memories of Ancient Egypt as a young child I may well have but nothing significant enough to have had an impact on me

Regards

14. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ken/John:

I'm responding here to a link to a nice lady in a youtube that Ken posted for my my edification. I liked what she had to say on the practice side, but thought she was a bit fuzzy in terms of underlying theory. I hope to remedy that by reading her book--when I can get around to it. However, one good turn deserves another. Ken, I think you would be very interested in listening to this discussion of the meaning and use of "Aion" in the Bible by Dr. Martin Trench:

It is a pretty clear explanation of one of the areas of very, very bad Bible translation that drives me crazy and has led to all kinds of bizarre theology and doctrine (which is seemingly almost impossible to eradicate now that it has been institutionally inculcated and accepted by the Church over a very long period). Plus, it touches rather extensively on the subject of "ages" in relation to astrological ages and brings in discussion of those zodiacs on the floors of ancient synagogues that impressed John, who may also want to listen for this same purpose. Anyhow, its longer than the one you gave me, but its full of some very good info. I'd appreciate feedback.

Cordially,
    S&S

15. SeaAndSky

BTW--Another interesting fact. The word "aion" (mistranslated in most older Bibles as forever or world (??!!)) actually and originally meant life or life-time. Thus, it had a very ordinary application to a human life-time as well as to the lifetime of anything else (the way we might speak of the "age of chivalry". My next project is to explore to what extent--by context--some or all of the Biblical uses may have to do with, or can also apply to, human life-times. The word is often cited as if it is solely related to the macrocosm instead of the more human microcosm. However, I am currently exploring the extent to which it may have to do with human life-time or life-times in scripture, which links it to reincarnation. Just making tentative beginnings on that, but thought I should provide a more concrete link to the subject matter of the board. What I linked relates to some things John has been talking about, but nice to bring the issue a bit "closer to home".

S&S

16. John Tat

Hi S&S I have spent a couple of hours trying to understand the video... some I do but most I do not.. He was talking about "Ages" which I can only relate to my memories.. What I believe in has not changed over the ages .. its the same as it always has been .. One thing I did notice was he refereed to god in the center of the zodiacs.. but failed to mention many of those depictions are of the sun god not the christian god..I looked up the meaning of microcosm... What I found was it means the world and people in miniature... that makes absolutely no sense to me... why would people even think that?
    I also wondered what "Aion" meant I found the word but it gave no meaning it went to "Aeon" the meaning "life.."vital force" ..or "being"... "generation" or a "period of time"translated to an 'age" ... forever" or "eternity"... that again is way beyond me... Talking about astrology and stuff there is proof Ancient Egyptians had a good understanding of it going back to the 5th millennium BC maybe even much further .. When I talk about my understanding of Ages... Ancient Egyptians had thousands of years start on everyone else in understanding such things.. they also had the first large scale organized religion.. it was massive with influence well beyond the boundaries of Egypt that all of the modern religions of today come from.. I think if we are going to talk about "ages" from my understandings of what you are trying to get to is "what age" did it all begin?and the various ages that existed within that one age of when it all began... which still exists today... The whole concept of "ages" in my opinion is flawed to say the least...did age begin when Amun Ra become king of all the gods? If it did then as I said that age still exists today with many ages coming and going within that original age... none of which had any relevance to the original age

Regards

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  17. John Tat

It appears nobody wants to talk about this subject S&S raised that has great concerns for him...
    From my point of view the problems Jews and Christians have with the words written and left behind and also about god I see in a different way ... I have a somewhat different perspective on written words because of my inability to comprehend complicated writings.
    Again as I see it ... its not a problem of "the ages" its understanding what was written in the first place.. The problems people have in understanding what is written in the bible and the problems I have lived with every day of mt life with complicated written words are somewhat similar
    The interpretations of the written words of the bible is exactly the same as I see every day with with peoples interpretations of today's written words on many subjects.. some things never change
    I have no doubts some words that have changed their meaning does change the meaning of some things but not anywhere near enough to change the meaning of whole sentences and texts
    I understand that because of what happens with me as I attempt to understand complicated writings.. Those things I can understand have enough words in them I can relate to.. put them together then I can formulate a reasonably accurate account of what was said
    Again as I see it.. the overall problem is....the texts of the bible were written by only a fraction of the population who had the skills, abilities and knowledge to write these texts.. I don't think we can ignore that there bias's also played a big part in what they wrote.
    They wrote either from their imaginations.. or as is claimed.. they were guided by god
    Their times and what was going on in their times must have also played a roll in what they wrote
    The scholars of today have their own ideas of what these texts mean today also the meaning of those words that have changed there meaning... They are also very much influenced by their own beliefs and interpretations of the bible and god.. they may talk about the truth just as the bible does but as I have said before truth is what you perceive it to be its not a fact.. Your perception of the truth is different to mine and almost everyone else
    The authors of the texts of the bible whoever they were ... I don't think anyone does know who they were.. left behind complex and complicated writings creating never ending debate of what they were talking about and mean
    Understandably S&S and others get frustrated by all of the different interpretations of the bible and god
    The source of their frustration is.. others do not agree with their perceptions of what the bible is talking about
    As a result the serious students of the bible and god search for reasons why this happens .. I may be wrong but I think they wonder how and why others cannot see what they see..the trouble is..I'm sure they all think that of each other
    I'm not sure what to make of pastors such as Jimmy Swaggart.. They claim the only way to salvation is to believe there interruptions of the bible and god .. As I said I'm not sure what to make of that... is it border line evil or not?
    Within the different groups .. Catholics .. Protestants and so on there are thousands and thousands of priests and ministers all preaching there own interpretations of the bible and god
    No wonder confusion reigns
    In my opinion it has nothing to do with "the ages' its all about the never ending and changing perceptions and interpretations of what is written in the bible and about god.

18. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I'm not concerned, so much as intrigued. So, don't be concerned on my behalf. I'm hoping that Ken will watch the video I linked and give me some comments, but outside of that, I'm doin' fine. ;)

Cordially,
    S&S

19. KenJ

Sorry S&S, I had not thought about your desire for feedback. I found the view of periods enlightening. My interest went into thinking how I could re-present my understanding in another way that would produce an Ah-ha experience for John, since it seemed as though he did not experience it the way I did, and did nothing more. There are so many such things that confound understanding "the past" as the meaning of words change, the "common knowledge" becomes uncommon, new concepts arise that lead us off the path, egos get involved, and our attention wanders. I recall my Dad telling me that he use to be called "Chicken" in his youth because of his "perkiness" and size as the word meant "...in slang, punching, at least linguistically, well above its diminutive weight" which was a positive nickname for someone of his small stature, whereas in my lifetime it had the negative meaning of "cowardly". How are we to know the intended meaning of words spoken centuries ago when this happened in a generation? Because of this and centuries of the mixture of politics and other influences I would not attempt to follow the path you have seemingly chosen to untangle that very complicated mixture.

This extremely long thread has been interesting for me because of John's memories and the influences of spirits that have influenced his direction, sort of a slow-motion video as he presents it. I found it interesting in another way, along with several other threads, in that it brings about a feeling of "oh, yeah, I remember that" and/or other feelings of familiarity.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  20. John Tat

Hi S&S/Ken What you both said I completely agree with With S&S especially I have great respect for him as he searches for clarification and/or different interruptions of what he believes in.
    I have a priest and two protestant ministers who come into my shop... not regularly but every now and then to discuss our beliefs. The same as S&S they are very interested in other beliefs and opinions
    We enjoy our discussions.. We all feel at ease to discuss how we really feel knowing and understanding we are not offending anyone... I think that is what we all enjoy.. we are friends of sorts because of this. What is interesting is.. almost every time after we have talked for up to an hour even longer sometimes we all reach the same point...
    "How can any of us be really sure".. We have talked about that and we all agree.. we will all go to our graves never being really sure.. there will always be doubts.
    The elderly priest has a great sense of humor.. One day he came in and he looked terrible.. I said to him ... father you look exhausted.. He said I'm exhausted alright.. A grandmother of an Italian family died last night and they knocked on my door at 10pm... They would't leave.. they were still there at 6 o'clock this morning
    I'm beginning to have more and more memories about Ancient Egypt.. Some that S&S may be interested in are about "slaves" they/we Ancient Egyptians had or did not have.. I will need to spend a little time in putting them together in a logical manner then posting them.. I will do that in the next day or to

Regards