Recieving information from a source

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by John Tat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John/Dorothy Gail:

I am familiar with the basic outlines of much that Dorothy has set forth, though there are certainly some new and interesting twists/ideas there that I was not familiar with. As I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure how much should be taken literally and how much figuratively in the Old Testament, so I'm not the one to defend it's "literal" truth from a historical standpoint. Also, this whole subject is an active part of the culture wars going on in the U.S. and to some degree throughout the "West", with two sides pitted against each other, and both thinking they have the better arguments, and/or superior credentials, and/or are more scientific, and/or etc. etc. In most respects, I don't feel like I really "have a dog in this fight", as I believe that a compromise will eventually be found that will do justice to what is worthwhile in both positions while displeasing the purists/extremists on both sides. So, I remain cautious of anything that seems too extreme to me on either side, while giving both sides a chance to speak. I'm not sure how this impacts the current discussion except to say that it may be best to take what both sides say with a grain (or pound) of salt. Overall, it seems like some type of liberation/escape event took place that became the subject of later storytelling and part of the Jews' origins stories. Aside from that, there are a lot of different attempts to fit the narrative in with known events in the history of the region. We've had some discussion of the Moses was Akhenaten hypothesis that some have put forth. (To the scorn, right or wrong of those with opposing views). There are a variety of others ideas and theories out there, while the most consistent thing I can find is the degree of scorn heaped on various positions by those of opposing viewpoints (when they even "stoop" to acknowledge opposing viewpoints). Such is the nature of real polarization.

In any case, I'm not sure whether that is actually what we are talking about. John (BB) seems to feel like the nature and/or degree of slavery practiced in ancient Egypt has been grossly misrepresented. I'm just pointing out that the "stories" about Egyptian slavery in the Bible are very limited, and actually only pertain to a fairly short period when the "Pharaoh of the Exodus" (whoever that was) came to view the Hebrews (who were--according to the text--initially welcomed and had already been there for approx 350-400 years) as a threat to national security. He then took a variety of actions to neutralize them as a threat (once again according to the story) while utilizing their labor for Egyptian projects. So, this was not a long term enslavement in the Bible, nor did they enter as slaves according to the narrative (other than Joseph). So, I think that BB can afford to lighten up on some of his concerns vis-a-vis the stories in the Bible.

Other than that, I'll be spending some more time myself looking into the theories that Dorothy Gail cited. They are definitely interesting.

Cordially,
    S&S

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

Suddenly I remembered something. Despite the name of this thread, I haven't heard anything about your source in a very long time. Is he still part of the picture? It seems like what you are getting now is all coming through BB.

Cordially,
    S&S

3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi S&S My source is a lessor influence than before.. BB my spiritual self is getting stronger... I think that's how it's meant to be.. it still a three way deal as it always has been John Tat.. My source and BB
    sometimes while meditating I cannot get to BB without going through my source first.. My source still in many ways directs the traffic much to BB's displeasure .. It has now evolved to the point ..and this is why I do not mention my source that often any more..where it's something like... your car is useless unless you put gas in it.. you rarely think about the gas as you drive around... you only understand how important the gas is when you need to top up and your car will cease to operate without it

Regards