Recommended guidelines for research

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Forum Staff, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Forum Staff

Forum Staff Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Dear members and guests,

The Internet can be an overwhelming resource, especially if you are just beginning to research the possibilities of reincarnation. There are numerous sites in cyberspace that discuss the topic of reincarnation. Because of this, Forum Staff has linked you to the best - and most reputable regressionists for your convenience.

If you are looking for good books to read about reincarnation, Carol recommends the best on her website in the reincarnation bookstore. Other recommendations are listed in the book section.

If a website is filled with a large assortment of paraphernalia for sale, or the owner is promoting themselves as a prophet or special, if they present reincarnation as a religion, or label their opinion as fact, we suggest you look for another site.

We wish you the best on your search, and hope we have provided you with the best information possible to help get you started on your journey.

Sincerely,
    Forum Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  2. Sherrilynn

Sherrilynn Registered

Thank you for posting this information, it is so hard to find good grounded information that is not saturated in New Age Crap. This is a great forum...an awesome resource. Thank U for that! :thumbsup:

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Sherrilynn,

I'm glad you're enjoying the space! There are definitely some great links to resources here. Be sure to check out the FAQ Section if you haven't already done so. :)

Ailish

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

A good thing to remember................

5. Simon_Platts@ya

Simon_Platts@ya Banned

How can you tell when you find a genuine therapist?

Are there any signs to look for?

What therapists do you reccomend in England? If I did regress, this would need to be with him/her, not over the phone.

Can art and music bring back memories?

6. Deborah

Keep in mind -just because it is on the Internet - doesn't make it a fact. We hope this thread helps.

Do thorough research, investigate and question everything! Critical thinking is important and staying grounded and informed by the best researchers.... a must.

7. Deborah

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

1940 U.S. Census data released.

Anybody considered investigating the 1940 U.S. Census data?

9. Deborah

I have not - but Carol's website has a list of authors whose research might reveal what you're looking for.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. Raven Stone

Raven Stone New Member

I'm a writer just beginning my research for a book centered around the concept of reincarnation. I'm really fascinated by the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson and was hoping to find info (cases, books, articles and scientific sources) that would provide a variety of point of views on the subject.

11. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Raven,

Everyone has their favorites and suggestions. In addition to Stevenson (who is more scholarly than readable IMO--no criticism intended), I would suggest any books you can find by Dr. Weiss and Michael Newton. Dr. Weiss' books are really very humane and readable, with a highly spiritual aspect that does not eclipse the human side of the stories he tells. Dr. Newton is a bit drier, but gives a wonderful overview of what seems to be happening at a variety of levels with this phenomenon. If possible, it would be good to read both of their writings in the order they were written.

Cordially,
    S&S

tanguerra likes this.
  12. Raven Stone

Raven Stone New Member

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm familiar with Dr. Weiss but not Newton I've seen his name mentioned in sources that I've looked at but not read any of his work yet. I will check him out! Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

tanguerra likes this.
  13. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Raven Stone likes this.
  14. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Raven, I have read quite a few books on the subject and of those, three have stood out to me that I feel would be of value to you if you had the time to read them. They are from three different perspectives. The first by someone who always felt the presence of the past, "Across Time and Death" where the author, Jenny Cockell, pursued her memories to the point of finding where she lived in her previous life and reunited with her children. There are several videos of Jenny telling her story, I like the interview found here. I liked the book by Bruce & Andrea Leninger "Soul Survivor" because it is more current and tells more about the conflicts within family members. There are videos about James Lenniger also, but the book is well worth reading as it gives more details of the father's struggle of accepting reincarnation. And the third is sort of a combination of the first two; "Portrait of a Past Life Skeptic" by Robert L. Snow. Mr. Snow, who has written several books, took a dare and underwent an hypnotic regression that put him in conflict with his belief in "only one lifetime" and the results of a many-year investigation of the nagging memories that arose from that regression.

Deborah, Raven Stone and tanguerra like this.
  15. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Raven, I thought to mention something else when I posted previously, but decided not to include it. However, it has nagged me ever since - so, the book by Peter and Mary Harrison "The Children Time Forgot" could use an update. It had an interesting beginning and is good reading.