Reincarnation after death

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by jaysta118, May 20, 2018.

1. jaysta118

jaysta118 New Member

If someone dies, what is the essence of their reincarnation status? Do good deeds or bad deeds done in one's life lead to reincarnation thereafter? Is reincarnation deed-dependent or action-dependent? Or is it the fate of the gods/fate itself that can lead to one's reincarnation?

Also, does method of death (suicide, homicide) matter? If someone can help answer that question or lead me to other research, it would be very much appreciated!

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi jaysta, in my opinion the answers are no, no, and no. I think it is about experience and growing/learning/testing/loving/forgiving where there are few rights or wrongs. Nothing can be "bought" with good deeds, nor do I think Hell awaits "bad" deeds. Either we all have lived before or no one has as far as I'm concerned. As for your last last question about cause of death, it doesn't appear to matter too much other than the people hurt by selfish actions.

As for resources, there are many starting with Carol's books, Brian Weiss, Michael Newton, and Richard Martini come to mind immediately.

fireflydancing likes this.
  3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I like the no, no, no, no....

Hi Jaysta,
    It depends on who you're asking. Formal religions tend to control people's behaviour.
    If you ask me, I'll tell you the concept of Karma is to control people. I've never believed in it.
    It's all about experience and often you want to experience both sides of a problem. You can be a wrong doer in one life time and a victim in another lifetime.
    I don't see this as punishment, just another aspect of a problem your soul is interested in.
    The balance is not only within one person. You can work together with other souls and exchange experiences.
    So you can share pain that you never experienced yourself. I've discovered I did.
    Our existence is so complicated and the main reason is our free will. We can organize our path but we can change our minds halfway.
    Or even weirder: we can repeat over and over again with slight different angles in experience. (including bad experiences)
    When souls decide their goals before being born, they often overlook the impact of the emotions.
    I'll give an example.
    When I was young I read the book The Brothers Lionheart from Astrid Lindgren. It's a fantasybook about two brothers who die and enter a certain kind of Heaven in which they fight an evil dragon. I was so mesmerised by the story, that I strongly wished I could live an adventure like that in my own life. (Yes, I was young.) Later in life, I realised this kind of wish could easily been made before my birth. Wanting an adventure, knowing the outcome. It was a real eye-opener when I realised this. The protagonists experience a lot of fear, pain and struggle and in the end they succeed their mission, but die again. Not a typical Disney story. Not a happy ending. I realised that when you look at the highlights and the general personal achievements, you overlook the impact of the emotions involved.

4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I second everything that has been said above.

I will add to the point that manner of death does not seem to matter aside from the impact it will have upon the individuals involved. I took my own life in Japan and popped up in England just fine a few decades later. So much for Hell, eh?

fireflydancing likes this.
  5. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I would like to add another thing. It's not Karma, but a simple law of attraction. I strongly believe in the latter.
    When you do 'good' things in life, you attract other things alike. Better said: when you radiate a certain kind of energy, the same energy will come to you. You could easily confuse this with 'payment' and 'Karma' but I see it differently.

It is just creating the reality you want to live in and one by one, others jump into this reality to join you because they want the same.
    Your 'good' things are not morally good (although it could be possible), but 'good' because they fit into your desired reality.
    I am living my life this way.

Although I don't believe in judgment after my death, I have consciously chosen not to pursue a career in crime. Not for morals (ok, a little bit because of morals) but mostly because of the consequences during my LIFE. If you make a living with criminal activities, you'll have to deal with the kind of people I don't want to spend my time with. Simpel as that. Time and energy are precious (to me).

And about Hell: ha, ha... if you believe you go to Hell, you'll manage to find Hell after you die. :rolleyes::p:) Not because you were a sinner, but a believer in Hell. Existence is about creating.

Spirit Sword and Mere Dreamer like this.
  6. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

I was amazed when I read Michael Newton's books. He researched 1000's of cases and they all went to the same place after death. There was NO judgement or anything like that. Suicides were shown alternatives to what they were thinking and it was clear that it didn't affect a future life. Instead the spirit guides would help them move forward.

A starving boy in the past could have been executed or sent to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread. How do think the law stands on that now? Gay people were thrown in prison for being gay. How does the law stand on that now? Well in the UK at least!
    If someone were to take the bumper of a car and smash it into a child's head they would be locked up. But if that same person drove their car down the road and hit a child playing in the street with the same bumper, and killed the child, then the person would not be guilty. Even though the person had no reason to drive the car down the street, because an alternative is available, which is called walking. With that in mind would a jury find the person guilty of murder, instead of innocent?