reincarnation and communicating with the other side

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by briski, Aug 31, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Member

Sorry everyone i have so many questions. In peoples opinon if someone has been reincarnated - is it possible for a medium to still contact that soul?

2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

You can do it yourself through self-hypnosis. You might not stand face to face with your soul, but you may get answers to your questions from it.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

If I understand your question correctly briski it is the same as I wanted to understand when I first posted - if my soul is in this body than what is there on the "other side" to contact? And, what is there after someone reincarnates? I resolved it to my own satisfaction by thinking of the soul being divisible where a portion of the energy is used for an incarnation, however this is just my own choice and in reality amounts to kicking the can down the road since it still doesn't explain how the parts retain individuality and yet rejoin the rest of itself thousands of times. I think that if we really knew those kind of answers that it might spoil other things for us.

4. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Active Member

I'm not sure I fully understand your question...

Are you asking if you, yourself, reincarnated into this life, could you get in touch with your previous identity through a medium? Or, if someone else reincarnated into a new life, could you still contact their former self through a medium? For example, a loved one who has passed on?

Meditation or hypnosis will probably help in the first case, but if it's the second then I'm not sure. I'm new to the whole regression process, and I'm only just setting out on my journey into my past-life. Hopefully someone else can provide a better answer.

5. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

No it's not!
    The vast majority of mediums are fakes. They use "cold reading" techniques. Not surprising really when some can charge £30 pounds just to go and see them.
    I suspect that some mediums did at one time have the ability, but now have lost it. But if they are reliant on the income from such "shows" then they will find ways around it.
    A dead give away is when they get the host of the venue to ask the audience not to ask question afterwards. Before they even speak.
    The only one I was ever impressed with was David Wells. He was able to give detailed descriptions on objects, when there was no other way of getting that information. When he got messages from the other side, they did so in strange ways. Such as showing him cartoon characters, where you had to use your intuition to work out what they meant. Indicating the problems of communication between them and us. He was without a doubt the best medium on the Most Haunted show.
    By the way it was very clear that Fielding the presenter of the show, was in a past life a witch that was murdered along with others, when they visited the place it happened (Pendle). She had a powerful reaction there. I suppose in her line of current work it was the logical choice for a witch!

6. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

The way I understand it, each soul exists as its own entity, but each incarnation leaves a sort of spiritual after image. Not quite a ghost, per se, but an energetic signature upon the world that maintains memories and personality even after the soul has moved onto a new life. This is how mediums can contact people who have already moved on to another life or how certain spiritually awakened people can converse with their past incarnations. I think I came across the concept in a book once, and they called it the "Akashic Shadow". Again, I have no real proof that this is the way it is, but it is what I believe.

7. briski

briski Senior Member

Basically my question is, if the soul has reincarnated a medium or EVP of the said person surely couldnt work? I dont know

8. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

In my view, it would be that "shadow" talking through the channel instead of the souls itself, which has moved on. It would know everything about that lifetime, so it would be able to accurately speak as to what it used to be.

briski likes this.
  9. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I guess it's emotionally tough to accept that we, as we are now, could just disappear in oblivion. We can accept only the impermanence of our physical body, because we believe in it.

An idea is that we aren't now what we believe to be.

10. briski

briski Senior Member

I've just read about the "Hamzad" ghost in the muslim faith. Maybe this is what EVP's mediums communicate to?

11. briski

briski Senior Member

Researching away i found this

fireflydancing likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I'll give that a watch; this is definitely a subject I have interest in.

briski likes this.
  13. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

In addition to this: look for Erik Medhus on YouTube. Well, he won’t be there, because he died some years ago. After some time he started to communicate with his mother through mediums. You can watch those channelings on YT. Very funny most of the time.
    According to his tellings, people can reincarnate to more bodies at the same time. The Higher Self remains always on the other side. Those Higher Selves always remain available to answering questions (if they want ofcourse).

I’ve seen a lot of those video’s but I won’t claim they are the ultimate truth. I don’t know.

Spirit Sword and briski like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I suppose every source has the scope to be misinformed, for how do we truly ever know..

briski likes this.
  15. Speedwell

Speedwell Active Member

That seems problematic to me. There are multiple different mediums each giving their own version of the channelling process. Possibly some are sharing legitimate useful insights. But after a while, a profile of what an Erik channelling session is expected to be like has been created, so it becomes more and more difficult to determine what is mere theatrical performance, other than by using one's own instincts. Of course here different people will reach different conclusions, which is entirely fair.

briski and fireflydancing like this.
  16. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Yep, that’s true. I agree. I never use somebody else’s point of view as a reference for my opinions.
    Still, I am glad I met these video’s on YouTube. Not as a confirmation for my own thoughts and not as a source of information. But there were a lot of triggers for me that helped me.
    I am an energy person and watching these video’s, it happened so many times that something ‘exploded’ in my head giving me my own insights. This was about two years ago I guess. Than I left it without looking back. I don’t know about the quality of these video’s right now.
    It was not about facts (or I just don’t remember facts). I remember the philosophical questions about suicide (Erik had taken his own life at a young age), some interviews with the Higher Selves of former famous people, about what they had learned in life. I am a bit cautious because I only saw 10 or 12 video’s and perhaps their course changed in the past years. I don’t know.

I think the main things I learned or better say: I got reaffirmed (not new) was: don’t judge because you don’t know. Don’t judge the soul for the role they are playing.
    And another affirmation was about the endless possibilities without fixed rules.
    That’s also me and that’s what I found back in those talks too.

So en general, I consider messages from the other side as a reflexion of our own state of mind. Just a few days ago, I responded to Graham about this. As a child I have witnessed live channelings and the tone of voice was different. More about sharing wisdoms and seriousness.
    Nowadays it’s more about your own responsability, your choices.
    This is only my impression and others might disagree.
    But I really think that our perceptions have shifted in the last couple of 40 years. At least among the people who are interested in these matters.

Conclusion: every channeling just gives us a different perspective on life and the afterlife. Never a full truth.

Speedwell and AlexD like this.
  17. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

This thread reminds me of discussions I have had with Sea&Sky over the years.. IMO the truth and everything you want to know is not in books.. videos and the writings of others.. You already know it all ... well you your spiritual self does.. In most cases they have been through it all and have seen it all ... baro-san was spot on when he said...when you are face to face with your soul.. (spiritual self) you may get answers to your questions That's how it works ..sometime he will share and other times he will not... depended upon what you ask.. our spiritual selves has seen it all...They have been through the reincarnation process countless times..they will share some details but not all.. Get out of your physical brains the writings and beliefs of others .. they are nothing more to you than distractions.. they confuse you.. The only way I know is to learn how to meditate in the proper manner... not make believe mediation ...real and proper meditation and over time you will begin to be in contact with your spiritual selves who knows and has seen it all

18. briski

briski Senior Member

I watched a few of them. Im not so sure about them tbh