Reincarnation and Patience

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Jun 2, 2007.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Impatience is the one quality in myself that I would most like to "erase". It pushes me to be intolerant and unkind. When I consider soul development, it might be the lesson I came here to work on! I do agree with owl that discipline would be helpful in realizing past life goals. I possess a sort of dogged persistence that most people lack. It keeps me coming back to problems and puzzles that are hard to solve. If that qualifies as patience, it can be a help in unraveling past life issues.

2. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

I haven't been patient; I've become completely obsessed, however I want more information and I will be patient before I get it. And it's okay with me if I don't :)

3. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Let me clarify my point, I' ve been doing quite some thinking on "being ready" today, which is related to patience in a way.

We hear often that memories will come to us when "we are ready". What I think most people think with this statement is something along the lines "I just have to wait and they will come". Wait till what? till you are magically ready? Does something need to happen in your life so you are somehow more conscious, more alert to certain things and that' s being ready? Maybe the last one. I used to think that memories were hidden and we had to somehow learn how to unlock them, that we had to find them. In these last few days (Nah, I lied: Today actually) I started to think that maybe memories are just there, accessible, it' s just that we don' t see them. Kinda like all these colors of the spectrum that we can' t see because we have human eyes, or the sounds that dogs can hear but not us. It' s pretty much the same between the two hypothesis, the only difference is that if memories are locked, then the blame is on the memories for being hidden, if we can' t see them then the blame is on us. Maybe it' s like seeing the prana, or stereograms, we don' t see them until somehow we learn how to do it. So maybe that' s what "being ready" is about, to psychologically do what we need to do in order to be able to see/get the memories. The memories are not coming to us, they have always been there, we just need to see them.

I am my first skeptic, so when I came up with this idea I thought "But how about memories from this life?". I thought then about repressed memories. When we repressed something is because we are afraid of it, we don' t wanna see it, so we shut our mind to it. We don' t see it again until we are "ready", which usually means in the psychologist office. If you are in the psychologist office is because you're working and reflecting about your problem. You are being sincere with yourself.

So maybe that' s the key to being ready, being sincere. If you are totally opposed to the idea of past lives, for example, there are 95% of possibilities that you won' t remember a past life (with kids is different because we can' t say they are opposed to it). You will have all the signs, others will see it, but you won' t, because you are covering your eyes.

How can I be ready then? Acting like your own psychologist maybe. Identifying your issues, admitting things to yourself (things that probably you don' t want to admit, not baloney that you are secretly proud of somehow). Maybe ask yourself "What is it that I don' t want to see?".

In this book that I' m reading it says that all diseases are the result of a mental process. For example, having kidney problems means that we have problems in our social interactions, being hearing impaired would mean that there are things we don' t want to hear; having psoriasis that we want to build "a shell" for ourselves because we feel the world is threatening. It also says that the things we hate in other people are things we have in our "shadow", in the part of ourselves that it' s hidden and we don' t want to acknowledge , so we deny. Probably everything you like about yourself (in general, not necessarily PL related) has implicit what you don' t like. For example, if you like to be alone, in your room, with your thoughts, it' s because you don' t like to be outside, with the noise, with other people. Why? What does that represent to you?

A baloney answer would be "People are annoying/dumb, I' m happy alone." Why would it be baloney? because it will only increase your ego. If "people" are dumb, then "I" am smart. You don't really believe that garbage, do you? It' s an OK answer for social situations but it' s not gonna get you anywhere close to being ready, it' s not gonna make you think or be introspective, so please, don' t give baloney answers to yourself.

Sometime during our existence we find our identity (I' m not talking about Pl names or anything similar), and you feel really comfortable and cool with it. It' s usually the things you say when you describe yourself. You probably say all the good things that you are proud of, and the bad things that you are proud of. All those things have implicit their opposite somehow. What you have to do is question yourself about that opposite, how it makes you feel, that could be the part that you are not acknowledging.

In conclusion, I have to agree that we only see memories when we are ready, however, being ready, contrary to popular belief, it' s a conscious active process. Want memories? Go get ready! sitting and waiting it' s not going to help, so that' s when I say that patience it' s not important, but discipline is. The concept of patience usually means that we passively wait for something, so that' s why I don' t agree with it.

4. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

I think you are right about everything you've said.

The first part is just being aware of reincarnation, accepting that we all have pl memories and there must be a way to recover them. If you don't believe in this, then you won't even look at it, and simply ignore the signs that life or your subconscious are showing you constantly. I guess it's for that a lot of people will never be ready to remember, as long as they keep doubting and wondering if this is real or not.

In my opinion, the second part has a greater weight on the matter of "being ready". But I think some things come from your own issues in this life you don't want to acknowledge (the shadow), and other things come from your subconscious, who knows much better than you and knows how hard it can be for you to remember. I think there's a right moment to remember, a certain moment in your life when everything that's been hidden will surface, maybe because you need it, or because you're mature enough to know, and it doesn't matter how much you want to remember or how hard you try, it won't surface until it's time. Of course, if you don't try, you won't reach there anyway, as you say sitting and waiting is not the way... but there are certain things your subconscious will keep hiding for a reason you won't understand... probably until you remember.

So I think everything you can do consciously will help in the process, and being sincere with yourself, knowing you'll have to deal with things you won't like, will help undoubtedly. But of course everything will come little by little, and someday maybe you'll have to thank your mind for being wiser than you. Every memory (especially hard ones) needs a time to think about it, to deal with it, to "feel" it and integrate it, and it's not healthy to be overwhelmed with all of them at the same time.

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

I agree. This is not a game, although it can be amusing and diverting at times, it's very serious business for the soul. The soul knows what it's doing. It's older than 'you'.

6. Arrant

Arrant Senior Registered

Well, Deborah, what an interesting question!

I am, by nature, one of the least patient people on earth. However, I agree that the journey into one's past lives can never be hurried. Generally, I switch myself off to any previous existences, and try to live fully and totally in the present. There are, for most of us, so many pressing issues to be addressed in the present that to wallow in the past is a material and emotional dis-service. Nonetheless, during quiet moments, and particularly when going to, or rousing from, sleep, memories surface very vividly. Each offers a glimpse - nothing more - into what once may have been, and is filed away, mentally, for future reference.

It is only in recent years that I have started taking serious note of my "dreams", and of other images that come into my head during waking hours. I am still not sure what to make of lots of them, but they are an everlasting source of fascination, and I view them much like peeling back the layers of an onion. My eyes may water as each layer is revealed, but I learn something new about my true self at each stage (OK, a real onion doesn't offer the same learning experience, but hopefully you get the analogy)!

Even so, I am SO impatient...

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Arrant,

I love it! It's a wonderful analogy!

8. Deborah

I am bringing this older thread up for more discussion. Perhaps it will help those who are so desperately searching and remind those who haven't had memories for a while...to be patient.

9. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

Oh, this is not good! I read the thread's title, then thought, "I don't have time to read a 2-page thread." So much for patience.

10. Jesy_par

Jesy_par New Member

Personally, I started my inner-exploration last summer 2003 C.E., after I had to take a radical decision in my life: enough was enough. It is what I call my self-healing process

I really think & feel that I am patient. But even more: I respect my own pace. This not only requires patience but also a full awareness of what I can bear as I evolve.

11. famgrin

famgrin New Member

Patience is very important for memories of past lives. Not everything comes early, although in my case it's different. I believe in reincarnation already one year and since then I have memories on many lives.

Perhaps helped my volition or that once in awhile I meditate, well, flashes not come to me in meditation, but spontaneously and fully conscious.

12. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

The script of the heart

Right now, at the behest of my spirit guides, I am reading back a fantasy novel I started writing more than 15 years ago and finished last year, and that I have recently learned, to my shock, was partly written from memory of the place between lives. My fingers are shaky so it's hard to type this, the words jump around on the page as if I had ADHD, I'm sort of light-headed, I am feeling the sensation of aches down the meridians, and I've had diarrhea all day. I am only barely ready to do this, so it's an act of will (and writing this post is a welcome avoidance break ;) ).

Your process, your life, follows something I call "the script of the heart" whether you are conscious of it or not. It will lead you where you are going at the speed you can handle. The mind protects itself from too much stress, so will set the pace accordingly. Years ago my spirit guides told me not to plan -- anything -- basically because I had no idea where my script was going to go (if you had told me, I'd have told you you were absolutely bugf***) and what plans I made in ignorance would prove to be dead ends (which they did).

There is only one way to speed it up: become stronger emotionally so that you can handle the shocks better. Because this is the case, when you do true, deep healing, healing that changes your longstanding habits, it accelerates as you go; you can tackle bigger and bigger chunks. (This is one way to tell whether you're doing real healing.) Eventually -- if you want -- you get to a point where things are happening so fast you almost feel like you're tumbling out of control, except that getting all your answers makes you feel more in control of everything than you could have imagined before... that started happening to me back in fall 2013 and has been going on ever since, to my delight (I am very patient with people but very impatient with time). The closer you are to having built a solid enough centre in yourself to truly and fully understand that terror is merely an emotion, not reality -- the faster you can go. (Am I there yet? Ummm... sometimes! Going for all the time.)

And yet still it takes patience. I came into this life with memories, had them -- my past, my truth, in a way my soul -- ripped away through an early trauma, and started getting them back almost 30 years later, which was 14 years ago. That trauma is taking 50 plus years to recover from. But its real origin was 2,300 plus years ago. What's 50 years? A blip!

13. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

((Karen F))

Perhaps your Spirit Guides have revealed this to you so you can begin healing from that lifetime? Or, maybe there are lessons from that lifetime that you can learn that will be needed in this lifetime?

14. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Thanks for asking, Mama2HRB. I've been telling the story at FPLS, not here, so you're coming in in the middle. Super-short version: under a lot of pressure from spirit guides, I began healing from that lifetime starting right afterwards, in the place between (maybe I'll detail that here if it feels right), because I had come out of it feeling that I deserved to die not just as an incarnation but as a soul.

I took a long break from incarnations to do healing, to the point where I was willing to incarnate so long as I forgot Alexander completely, as I was sure I wouldn't be able to handle remembering it while incarnate, which of course is normal. But I wasn't finished healing, couldn't until I remembered while incarnate, and whether I chose it or my script of the heart dictated I should go through all this **** -- or is there a difference? -- everything terrible I felt about myself at the end of that life manifested as circumstances in this life, including having the same mother. Now I'm doing forensic reading trying to figure out how much of what I wrote in that book was unwittingly describing that between-lives healing process.

I think most of the lessons from that lifetime itself I will tease out by writing the autobiography (you might gather I work things out by writing), so that's a work in progress. From the standpoint of who I was then, the main lesson of that life would be "Make sure the information on which your mission is premised is accurate." Thanks again.

15. TheWonderer

TheWonderer New Member

I personally think some might mistake impatience for eagerness! I think there is nothing wrong with eagerness, there's nothing wrong with a healthy level hunger for knowing and understanding and I think a lot of us have that here:) patience is very good for the long run and I myself have not had the most luck with patience in researching past lives, but I am an extremely patient person in every other aspect.

16. Val

Val Member

Patience/Acceptance

Past life memories are fascinating and valuable in figuring out who we are deep down inside. Throughout my life I have only had a few short glimpses of my past lives. Here are three of the strongest memories: 1. A frontier woman (agitated and worried) waiting on the Pony Express in a barn with way too many mice. 2. A child (boy/girl?) with a group of people wearing white robes traveling along a sand dune desert. At night a campfire and feeling safe and protected. 3. A little girl in the early 20th century (1920's or 1930's maybe?) who's father drove a logging truck. Although I find them interesting and try to relate them to my present life, I don't find myself particularly driven to discover more about them. Deep down I feel that I have enough to deal with in this life. Though discovering more about my previous lives could be enlightening, the time and energy it would require (for me personally) would be better spent working on being the best person I can be in this life. However, I can see that for some people discovering as much as they can about a past life would be extremely valuable in working out many of their current life issues. For me this isn't a question of patience, but of acceptance. I think that past life memories are revealed to us for a reason, and when we need them.

17. Deborah

Bringing an old thread back for new members thoughts and hopefully everyone' enjoyment.

18. Myna

Myna Humanoid

Thx deborah,
    im new & would like to give some input with my thoughts & what i have learned in the past few years when I started being able to see (visions) & share what I have concluded in the past few days after I have been considering what I wanna do with my seeing experiences.

I think for a PLR experience, we need both patience & impatience.

Patience for waiting more clues to add to our jigsaw memories, and

Impatience for learning & striving to our soul goal to achieve all the qualities we must learn as human for the benefit of our souls. Waiting to happen & expecting something without an action to make it happen is a zero result.

On the otherhand, by taking an action in life & patiently waiting to see the outcomes, if it's not yet there where we wanna achieve or where the soul development should be, we must impatiently move forward, never give up despite our failures.

Before I started my spiritual journey, out of frustration & depression, I wanted to know IMMEDIATE answer, but when I've suddenly been blessed with a seeing gift, I noticed it worked in contrary, if we grasped too much, like our brain, the conscious mind & ego start blocking & creating sort of destructive emotions & blocks, such as: fear, disappointment, sadness, anxiety, etc. Thus, the visions were created & manifested based on those impatient issues.
    I tried so many years to figure out what to do and impatiently to find a way & strive for a change, coz I realize I must do something, take a proper action to face these uncomfortable experiences, so I have learned & determine to push myself to maximum to impatiently challenge my destructive personalities to remove those lackness, so I keep pushing myself hard to change these, in the beginning I felt it was a forceful to be at certain positive emotion, attitude/ behavior, but since I dont want to wait, I keep discipline myself to repeat the good qualities in me everyday, if I fail, I dont give up, I will keep trying until these good qualities become my "usual" habits in my daily life. For some reasons, the PL memory flashes changed patterns, it showed no longer old things I used to see, new visions surfaced, but what I do now, I just observe, fascinate & wonder about it that moment, experience & register, I stop journaling, I just let it go, coz I do believe if it's something really important to my current life, the important clues/hints will resurface again & again to create deja vu visions to catch my attentions, and if the visions bother me or give me sort of neg feeling or emotion, i just try to overcome to this emotion tied to that vision, coz in my opinion that as long as the visions give me such uncomfortable feeling means that those are the feeling I should work on & impatiently aka immediately need a change in my life NOW. Then, each step & each immediate changes I took in my current life, I must patiently wait for the outcome or fruit to see & to be plucked. If I havent seen anything to harvest yet, just keep moving forward & determine to achieve there, not just patiently wait until we are given/granted.

So this is the way how I'm currently doing with my PL memory flashes & visions in applying its experiences in my immediate daily routines. Coz I finally understood that PL flashes & visions experiences are there for us to guide us to overcome our today's life issues, so if we look for the answer too much or too deep & spend more time to find the answer, I find we no longer live in the PRESENT but more in the past. Also same when we see precognition announcement, it's surely interesting to know if it's gonna happen, but I realize these are only a glimpse to the future if we take certain action, coz our future actually doesn't exist, unless we take an action to make it happen thru a certain way or another way. Like a woman who's scared of getting preg gets visions of getting a baby girl, so if a spirit gave them a glimpse of dream/vision of that she was ever trying to take an action to get preg aka make love or to adopt a child, she could observe her emotion in such experience/ whatever result she might react to her personal experience, so what they actually gave, was not really a vision of their future, but just an opportunity to HAVE the feeling of having her as baby, if the parents feel happy & then AFTERWARDS TAKE an action, then, this future is finally created, otherwise all are just possibilities, same as PL visions, we get a glimpse of our PL, to give us the experience & feeling, so if the ones surface suppose to be a kind of destructive emotion, then, this is the clue where our action in today's life should avoid to repeat same mistakes, or do something good out of it & make a change. If the flashes give us happy feeling, then, it gives us a chance to repeat or to try something different to experience alternative result.

This is just my humble opinion that I think work best for me, but I don't know how this will work for you.

PS:
    I'd like to add something, the PL memory flashes & announcement dreams/visions actually serve exactly like the 3 ghosts of christmas, but it showes us not just our past in this life, but all our reincarnated lives, we have the opportunity to see if we repeat same actions, we would experience, think, say and do these. While the future visions & dreams, it tells us, if we make certain thing happen, we would feel, say, think or do this way, so they are just glances of before & after. In other words, I think the right questions we should ask ourselves after those flashes are: how would I feel & react if I do/experience so TODAY? Would I be able to handle this? What do I want from this life? How can I be better? If I'm scared (in case vision/dream showed us something about fear), then we should ask ourselves, why/what we are afraid of? would I be able successful if I behave like that/ take such action? if not, how to overcome my fear in such situation? And the answer is certainly, in a way we must change our present/today's thoughts, sayings, attitude & take proper actions NOW. So I think what our higher self, or spirits/ guides show us just some things that they think we should see at that time in order to help us now, if they believe they show you things for u to see & to experience it, they are sure you are ready to make a change or at least you would try to do so. Then, they will give further clues, otherwise we would be stuck with same type of visions or kinds of junks.
    Those who havent seen any, maybe they just think that you would react otherwise (contrary from soul development) or wont try to strive to change somehow or will throw a white flag before the battles. In my opinion, the way we respond to the visions given, might also affect how the spirits & our higher self would create our further destiny (lessons) after knowing how we would react at present, after seeing & understanding how far we have developed thru our visions/memories & dreams, coz they strive to improve our souls' evolution.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  19. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Well said Myna,
    It is sometimes difficult to understand at the time that they happen, but the understanding often seems to come later making it unclear if it was indeed a message or that we construe it come from something else.

I was reluctant to post on this thread because it seems that all that I talk about is the injury that changed my life a long time ago, but indeed it fits the thread's topic. I went from an extremely physical life to one of very limited physical abilities in matter of seconds. Learning patience was VERY hard when everything I did took SO MUCH longer to do, I became aware that this was possibly one of the issues I was suppose to deal with in this lifetime. Tying that impatience with my disdain for failure in any form seemed, at times, to be too big of a challenge.
    My ego becomes so threatened at times that it starts chattering nonsense in an attempt to keep me from getting beyond it. I've tried to have experiences that others have talked about like conscious OBEs and PL memories without success. It appears that the eight or nine paranormal happenings in my life are just to form a basic background and I am being tested without further direction or help.

20. Deborah

Do you ask for Clarity when you meditate? Do you ask specific questions, where is your biggest "need"? Look up the thread "THE HEART CENTER" it might also help. Also try the OM CD or Tibetan Bowls music. All of these have helped me.