Reincarnation and sexuality/gender identity?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by somesurrealkid, Nov 28, 2017.

1. somesurrealkid

somesurrealkid New Member

Do you think sexuality can sometimes follow a pattern along with past lives?
    Like, if someone has been a straight man in many lives and is born as a female, would they have an preference towards women because of their past lives?
    Similarly, if someone is born a woman in many lives and then is born as a male, will that man have an inclination towards femininity and could it even affect his gender identity?
    I think it's interesting because these things could be thought of as just another preference, so they could follow the same pattern.
    Does anyone have any experience with that kind of pattern?

2. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Can it work that way? Yes, it seems so. I've read enough stories of people who remember being the other gender and are frantic about the change to believe that it's very possible to be affected that way.

For others (like me) changing gender is a bit like changing clothes. The only issue is with whether the culture permits me to express the aspects of myself that don't conform to social expectations around birth gender ... and it's basically a tossup no matter which body I'm born into because it's a rare culture that has room for full expression of both.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  3. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I believe that sexuality is related only to the physical heritage, and has no relation to past lives sexuality, or gender incarnations. Even from the point of view of learning our life lesson, the gender of the incarnation doesn't matter. You can learn humility, love, sacrifice, etc. no matter your gender. Sexuality mixed signals, crossed wires, identities, etc., I believe, have only biological, social, environmental origins.

4. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

Sexuality is a strong energy that goes beyond just the physical body. I would not be surprised if it has influence like patterns on some lives.

SeaAndSky, Angie Brown and Tinkerman like this.
  5. faye lorraine

faye lorraine New Member

in dr stevenson's book..."children who remember previous lives", he mentions that some children studied, still adhered to the sex of their previous life up to a certain age, then let go and adjusted to the gender they were born as.
    some continued into adulthood as transgender or gay.

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe, like Guillaume said, sexuality is a strong energy. I think that such powerful influences certainly play a roll in our evolution through time. One need only watch the news to see the sociological influence. I feel that I have been predominately male in my past lives; the few I remember are all male. But I recognize the Divine Feminine as something innate within me, I sense it. Certainly an interesting topic.

Angie Brown likes this.
  7. faye lorraine

faye lorraine New Member

i don't think in terms of a 'sexual energy' category...i just think of energy being used for certain purposes, such as sexual activity.

8. julie_twice

julie_twice New Member

My first 4 lives were male, but the last of those was gay. Then my subsequent lives were female.

My most recent PL ended abruptly, violently, and unexpectedly. In this life they assigned me male at birth but that proverbial shoe never fit and I transitioned about a decade ago. Did that life contribute to my identity now? I can't be sure one way or the other. But when I had to choose a name, guess whose name I chose.

9. DoingThingsWithAbby

DoingThingsWithAbby Member

Yes. I've had one particular experience, in the 30'/40's, where I was born into a male body (I'm mostly female when I reincarnate). I was born in italy, and my family had to flee to america because the men in black shirts were taking people away and they didn't come back. I was about 15 when I realised that I didn't feel the same way about girls as the rest of my friends. I was also dysphoric. A few years later, I joined the mafia so I could provide for my mother, little sister and two younger brothers. I couldn't get much work that paid well because people looked at me and saw nothing more than a dirty street rat that couldn't speak english. I could speak english just fine!

So I joined the mafia. It paid well enough. But the other men didn't feel the way I did. And they would have killed me if they'd have found out that I was gay, and didn't like my male anattomy. In fact, one night, these two men were chasing me; I'm sure you can guess what they wanted. I took refuge in a brothel. A lovely, curly haired working girl named Julia took me in. I paid her for her services, and I was never bothered agian with those accusations, mostly because I married the girl, got a few misteress' and adopted a child that looked like her. None of this stopped me from having a crush on my boss, Luciano.

Later on, after my boss sent me to Italy, I cooperated with the police and told my wife where all the secret cash stashes were hidden, and to go far up north, into canada. I went into witness protection and grew a go-te??? Is that how you spell it? But most of the time, I feel, that when we're born into a body that is a gender you aren't comfortable with, you need to learn either something about how that gender faces a certian problem, or how to love yourself in whatever body you're in.
    My name in that lifetime started with a G, but my friends called me joey. My last name started with an M and ended with an O.

10. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D Member

Is this Charles "Lucky" Luciano you're talking about ?

11. DoingThingsWithAbby

Unfortunately. I'd have done anything to get his attention. Anything. I finally got away from that life and the mafia. I'm happy G got to spend his last few years that he had in peace.

12. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Goatee :) you were almost right. It might be gotee in America as some spellings differ to standard British English. For instance, color there is colour here.

13. DoingThingsWithAbby

i've never been good at spelling. Sorry you feel compelled to look at all my baggage

Angie Brown likes this.
  14. DoingThingsWithAbby

15. Angie Brown

I think that sometimes, yes. If someone has always lived all carnations as one gender then returns as the opposite, even choosing to, it must take some getting used to. It is quite believable that some things wouldn't change so easily. Even if, for instance, an always male had a carnation as a heterosexual female she might find she is more instinctively drawn to playing with toy cars than fluffy toys, and to mountaineering than to baking cakes and womens fashion. It's only a different aspect of that to being attracted to the same gender, even if it's outgrown as the new body and hormones are adjusted to. Imo, anway :)

16. DoingThingsWithAbby

people in this modern era do not seem to understand that sometimes experiencing things as the other gender is nesscesary in order to grow. I remember when I was a man and I occassionally dressed up as a woman, I'd always remember that I was infact a man, and as a man, I had certian responsibilities and obligations that a woman would not have had in that era. I chose that; I believe that many of these transgender folk have chosen the same ruote as well.

SeaAndSky and Angie Brown like this.
  17. Angie Brown

It isn't baggage, Abby. It's your life in different bodies and you matter enough, I think we all matter enough, that when we are going to enter into a thread, hoping to help each other make sense of and resolve past events, it is a good thing to read what else someone has written. Otherwise we could find ourselves unintentionally saying something upsetting or inappropriate, and also presuming things that aren't right.
    I guess that is why the site has the option to read a members other posts.

Believe me, it isn't to be nosey. I can see it's very important, in fact crucial to you, to be able to resolve in yourself things you went through before, and I knowing a bit more from your other posts helps me to have a better idea of you for me to not suggest something that wouldn't be helpful :)

18. DoingThingsWithAbby

Sorry. It's a bad habbit that I assume that I'm being a bother to others. Thank you for being so kind.
    and you're right! I suppose it's helpful to look at my entries if you'd like to help!

Angie Brown likes this.
  19. Angie Brown

As long as you don't at any time feel i'm being pushy or overstepping the mark, then if I can help i'd like to but will chat more on your thread :-(

20. Angie Brown

Sorry, I deleted that longer reply as it was meant to go on the other thread.