Reincarnation: Attachment To Love?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by cloud potato, Jun 3, 2018.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

I have been tossing this idea around in my mind on reincarnation... I am just pondering from a little conversation I had with a friend as well as some wisdom shared by a great Mystic, Hazarat Inayat Khan....

A friend told me that the planets fight for our Love. Planet Earth may very well have her own Karma and even her own Spirit. This planet is like a giant school house for sure... While there are plenty of lessons to learn I wonder if a souls inclination to reincarnate on Earth may be as simple as an attraction towards a particular expression of Love, one provided by Mother Earth.

Perhaps it is an attachment to time or, an affinity for duality. This Earthly plane may be one of many which provide a place for God to experience itself. There are planes and impressions that leave man with the idea we are more than our bodies. Idea's where, thanks to science and modern technology give more consideration in regards to a Soul and consciousness.

It is my experience Both Earthly and Heavenly knowledge reside in our beings. If you believe in reincarnation then you are saying you exist without the body right? Then we are born into this world and provided a gift from the local universe. This Earth has gifted us our bodies and is the result of the evolutionary process having gone through mineral, plant and animal kingdom. Surely the clay that is our bodies carries the knowledge of our ancestors and these wonderful earthly things? Yet is it not true we are more? And is it not true there are even finer subtler realities? But it is this vehicle which allows us to experience more of creation from an evolutionary standpoint- to express deeper and more eloquently with life itself.

We have the ability to tap into sacred knowledge and we have the ability to create wonderful works of Art. We can do so much with our hands, hearts and our minds... All of this, fine tuned through generations of fierce and wild adaptations and creativity. It doesn't end, our progression isn't over... We have a Thirst for knowledge- An Appetite that may take lifetimes to figure out. In reality it is simple if you consider mans evolution... Perhaps this appetite is ingrained in the Soul...
    So my thoughts on reincarnation are this... It may be true there are lessons yet learned, very true- but I want to highlight a simpler and just as profound thought taught by my teacher: Through man God experiences Life.

This to me means Life then becomes about expression and Self Discovery. In its experience there is an appreciation or Love for Creation, what do you think religion is in its sincerest and most basic form? A Love for God a desire to learn God, but what is God? Why does God seem so distant? God exist in each and every one of us. Man is not always cognizant of this fact yet in his appetites it is clear there is always a desire to Learn More. God is the only Being and the nature of being is to become conscious of being- this provides a sense of fulfillment and quenches our appetites, our souls longings. Man may choose to turn his back but finds he continually comes back for this experience... So why then do we come back? Because of the Satisfaction of God and the allure of the planet, who fights for our Love.

I do not discredit any persons experience or belief with reincarnation here, they are all the unique expression that is God. I am simply speculating, if you feel you have come back to learn something then you are right to feel this way...

Tinkerman and KenJ like this.
  2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, Cloud Potato, I agree, with a lot of certainty. I had this little revelation come to me in meditation sometime back, the Great Spirit is experiencing the world though us. It came from many places, but mostly from the concept I learned as a child in Catholic school: "Who is God?" answer: "God is everything." It was one of the very first and most basic questions drilled into our little heads. What a big concept for a little kid to wrap his/her head around; in most ways I think it was meant to appease. Now as an adult pondering creation, existence, and life, I returned to the basics... and it just made total sense. The concept answers most of my questions surrounding the idea of reincarnation. I also see samatha meditation as quieting the mind and putting aside me, my ego, my persona, so that the Creator may observe the world. Seems like a useful process, and I often walk away with such an enhanced sense of clarity and metta... wisdom, and Pythagoras once said wisdom is the key to nature's secrets.

Thank you for your insight! ~Tman

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    cloud potato likes this.
  3. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Thank you for the advice on meditation. This is a very prominent theme in my life... It seems there are synchronicities involving the concept of reincarnation as well as other spiritual realities and very special connections are being made. I am being prompted to meditate more as well as finding confidence shared among friends discussing God and other wild realities. I am glad the post resonates with you.

Peace!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018